Cody Davis to I.R. :(

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Wow, didn't see this coming. Bummer, he's been solid this year.

Rams Place Cody Davis on IR
Posted 21 minutes ago
slideshow-icon.png

VIEW GALLERY | 58 Photos
PHOTOS: Rams vs. Giants Through the Years

The Rams will be without safety Cody Davis for at least the next eight weeks, as the club placed him on injured reserve Friday morning.

Davis suffered a thigh injury during the Week 6 victory over the Jaguars, and has not practiced since.

In his fifth year out of Texas Tech, Davis has played well in the Rams’ new defensive scheme, recording an interception, a pair of pass breakups, and 22 total tackles in 2017.

With the new IR rules implemented this year, teams can activate two players from injured reserve, but only after they have spent eight weeks on the list. Teams also do not have to designate a player to return when he is placed on injured reserve. In theory, Davis would be eliglbe to return just before the end of Los Angeles' season.

Aside from Davis, the Rams have four players currently on IR: defensive lineman Dominique Easley, tight end Temarrick Hemingway, wide receiver Bradley Marquez, and running back Leonard Tillery.

With the move, Los Angeles currently has 52 players on its active roster. Head coach Sean McVay will likely address Davis’ situation — and who may take the 53rd roster spot — at his media session following Friday’s practice.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
This means they could activate Lance Dunbar if they think they have enough DB depth without Davis.

Psycho_X

Legend
That's unfortunate, he was excelling in Wade's defense as a depth player. Hopefully we're super lucky the rest of the season on the injury front and we can reactivate him for the playoffs.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What kind of "Thigh" injury takes 10 weeks to heal? Tear?? Bone injury?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I expect to see Marqui Christian dressing each game now. Will be a battle between Thomas and Dunbar to make the active roster IMO.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Wow, didn't see this coming. Bummer, he's been solid this year.

Rams Place Cody Davis on IR
Posted 21 minutes ago
slideshow-icon.png

VIEW GALLERY | 58 Photos
PHOTOS: Rams vs. Giants Through the Years

The Rams will be without safety Cody Davis for at least the next eight weeks, as the club placed him on injured reserve Friday morning.

Davis suffered a thigh injury during the Week 6 victory over the Jaguars, and has not practiced since.

In his fifth year out of Texas Tech, Davis has played well in the Rams’ new defensive scheme, recording an interception, a pair of pass breakups, and 22 total tackles in 2017.

With the new IR rules implemented this year, teams can activate two players from injured reserve, but only after they have spent eight weeks on the list. Teams also do not have to designate a player to return when he is placed on injured reserve. In theory, Davis would be eliglbe to return just before the end of Los Angeles' season.

Aside from Davis, the Rams have four players currently on IR: defensive lineman Dominique Easley, tight end Temarrick Hemingway, wide receiver Bradley Marquez, and running back Leonard Tillery.

With the move, Los Angeles currently has 52 players on its active roster. Head coach Sean McVay will likely address Davis’ situation — and who may take the 53rd roster spot — at his media session following Friday’s practice.

I would like to amend this article by stating Davis will be eligible to return just before the end of Los Angeles REGULAR season.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Shame, hope it doesn't require surgery. Did okay under Gregg Williams's scheme but excelled as an excellent depth player under Wade Phillips.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Here's my take, weak as it may be...

This is a move to make room for Dunbar. Couldn't release Davis as he is not practice squad eligible.

Now, how is our DB depth? I was liking me some Cody Davis out there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here's my take, weak as it may be...

This is a move to make room for Dunbar. Couldn't release Davis as he is not practice squad eligible.

Now, how is our DB depth? I was liking me some Cody Davis out there.

This^ and still plenty of depth at defensive back with the likes of Joyner, Johnson, Countess & Christian along with 5 CB's as well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It's a shame. Cody was playing very well before his injury.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This^ and still plenty of depth at defensive back with the likes of Joyner, Johnson, Countess & Christian along with 5 CB's as well.
and I have heard McVay describe Dunbar as someone who can do what Tavon does, but is bigger. He's another weapon in the arsenal.....