Chris Simms latest on Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
@Roman Snow

World Champions or no, if you don't believe that Gary Kubiak familiarity with Keenum and vice versa has/had a great deal to do with the Broncos interest then you must not follow NFL personnel transactions very closely.

Rams site or no, discussing an opinion disagreed upon minus personal attacks on the person providing the opinion is simply civilized behavior. No strawman presented there at all.

Also, you can ask the poster I responded to regarding the the "newsflash" high-horse language." I just answered his with one of my own. Next time, it might help if you didn't jump into a long exchange at the end.

Yes, the farm, IMO. They traded away a buttload of selections to acquire the kid.

Finally, I am a Rams fan, though not as hardcore as I have been in the past since the move. And while it helps a lot, you don't need a franchise QB (depending upon one's definition) to finish better than 7-9. Hopefully, the Rams will be one of the few to be able to prove that again this year. Hell, I read somewhere that Snead was even quoted that they would have won more games last year with Keenum.

Also, while it goes without saying, Goff's draft selection doesn't guarantee that he'll turn out to be a franchise QB. See the last spread college QB the team drafted #1 overall in Sam Bradford.

Totally different player and attitude. Different arm styles. Goff has a better pocket presence , which Sam has started to develop.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Totally different player and attitude. Different arm styles. Goff has a better pocket presence , which Sam has started to develop.

-- as a draft guy Iwas wondering who you would have drafted instead of Goff with those picks. I actually like the fact Keenum is starting & the other QB's have time to develop . It just makes The Rams franchise that much more valuable . Bradford cost probably twice as much as all 3 Ram QB's

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
One problem is much harder to address than the other. The "big problem" is impossible to address. You're using the "starving children in Africa" argument. It's a deflection from the real issue.

"Why should we address that problem when there are children starving in Africa right now?"

It's not a legitimate argument. You can fix one issue without addressing another totally different issue. It happens every day. Some issues are easier to address than others.
Jerry, I don't do the "it's for the children" thing. Why did you attribute that argument to me? I think THAT is more of a distraction.

I acknowledged both police overreach AND inner city black on black killings were problems. I just think inner city violence is a bigger, and more damaging problem. Why is that harder to address? Even though it results in THOUSANDS of deaths, you want to address DOZENS of deaths instead?
I assume you have read the story in the left-leaning Washington Post, concluding that the Black Lives Matter claims are almost entirely discredited. Ohhhh, but what do we do when we have already walked too far down the road of our narrative? Should we own our error? Encourage people to respect the law more, not riot, and burn our own cities? Naw. Let's double down on a lie...
http://wapo.st/year-of-reckoning

"Suicide by cop" is a problem too. Wouldn't you agree? General distrust breeds more distrust also. I am all for a "dialogue", as long as it is not co-opted by political correctness. Truth does not always mean prevailing thought is correct.

Remember the "hands up, don't shoot" claim, our moron receivers bought into? A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can strap its boots on....where is Kenny Britt apologizing, because Michael Brown was just a bully thug, that essentially committed suicide by cop?

Oh, by the way, how do you think these cops feel? Black cops. White cops. VERY few exceptions. THEIR lives are ruined. My buddy was an Oakland Cop that was put in the situation where he had to use his weapon to end the life of a man. He developed ulcers, nightmares. His career was over. Not because he was wrong. He was exonerated. He is human. He lives with the fact that he killed another man every day.

For any moron that thinks cops kill for joy, you spend a day on a ride along. You will see. Those black cops see their white partners more as family than any inner city thug that happens to have the same skin color.

This whole debate is a farce. That is why I am so passionate. It is the other side invoking "children of Africa" nonsense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jerry, I don't do the "it's for the children" thing. Why did you attribute that argument to me? I think THAT is more of a distraction.

This isn't a political thread. I'm not going to fill it up with political arguments. I didn't attribute that specific argument to you. I said what you're doing is comparable to that. And it is. You aren't addressing the issue. You're instead deflecting to a "bigger" issue. It's a fallacious argument because it's not the issue being discussed.

Why is it harder to address private citizens murdering each other? We've been trying to prevent murders for a very long time. The murder rate has fallen off dramatically, but they still happen frequently.

If you want a dialogue, I'll be happy to have one in the off topic forum if the mods okay it.

Now, I'm going back to talking football.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like Keenum and believe that he's a good option to start this season, however, Keenum started last year because Foles, the guy they gave big money to be the starter, flopped. And even after that performance last year, they traded the farm to get Goff.

And even if one agreed on your Denver take, that doesn't mean Simms is wrong on his opinion as to how he would be viewed on MOST teams as they don't have the experience with or may agree with the take of his former Texans & current Broncos, coach Gary Kubiak (whose offense Keenum knows).

Putting that all aside, how many teams actually have a second string backup QB that is better than Keenum? Very few IMO. Yet Simms says he wouldn't even be a backup. So does that put him in the Dylan Thompson range of talent? Ridiculous.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Putting that all aside, how many teams actually have a second string backup QB that is better than Keenum? Very few IMO. Yet Simms says he wouldn't even be a backup. So does that put him in the Dylan Thompson range of talent? Ridiculous.

As stated earlier, both Simms and you disagree. Me. I'm just not sure. And I like Keenum.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You believe that Keenum could backup for most teams. Simms does not. There is no way to prove it either way
He's been a backup, and unless he ends his career in LA, we'll get to find out pretty soon if anyone else would like his services...I'd assume some would...but we shall see...

I just think inner city violence is a bigger, and more damaging problem. Why is that harder to address? Even though it results in THOUSANDS of deaths, you want to address DOZENS of deaths instead?
Inner city violence....hmmm...would single parent homes, economic status, education, drug use/abuse, overall health, and many other social issues contribute to these astounding numbers? And if so, why aren't they addressed? Where are you going with this Roman? There are many causes of why a person becomes a psychotic killer...rather, a killer with no remorse...no guilt...but look at the home life, and you'll see a pattern.

For any moron that thinks cops kill for joy, you spend a day on a ride along.
Tougher question...a majority of cops SEEM unqualified for the position...rather, I sense a general fear during their interactions...which could lead to unnecessary deadly force...sorta like perceptions...they often are NOT reality, but the mind makes them so...and while I don't think most cops kill for joy, I've seen demonstrations of ...enjoyment when describing beatings & such of suspects, that leads me to believe that some do enjoy dishing out punishment...they enjoy backing up their "shield"....protecting their own that have delivered beatings....it's a culture of, "them before me" & us against them"...to me, beating a defenseless person is a very small step from killing...but again, that's just me.

Sorry...to go political....don't know how it started...but I needed to say that...You again made Kaep's actions & comments out to be totally out of line, and changed the subject...when it's obvious many not only agree with them, but several vet's approve of his delivery vehicle, his right to not stand...

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I didn't even know who Chris Simms was until this thread.

So, I looked him up and now I feel educated. In seven years he played 23 games.

I can't be bummed about what this guy has to say about Goff. Now if Joe Montanna started ripping into him I would definitely start to get a little worried :)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By the way, what is a good back up QB anyway?
I would think its a guy who could come in and start and win games.
Well, we know Keenum can come in and start. But the winning games thing? Not sure about that.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Back to the topic of.. well... football... and more specifically Jared Goff. Saw this tweet and it's worth posting. People say "Goff sucks" and that's flat out stupid. Goff is getting no help from his teammates. QUOTE]

Good point. I just started a thread addressing this.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Inner city violence....hmmm...would single parent homes, economic status, education, drug use/abuse, overall health, and many other social issues contribute to these astounding numbers? And if so, why aren't they addressed? Where are you going with this Roman? There are many causes of why a person becomes a psychotic killer...rather, a killer with no remorse...no guilt...but look at the home life, and you'll see a pattern.
That is part of my point. What is Kaepernick doing with his money and influence to help kids? As best as I can tell nothing. His protest rings hollow.

Tougher question...a majority of cops SEEM unqualified for the position...rather, I sense a general fear during their interactions...which could lead to unnecessary deadly force...sorta like perceptions...they often are NOT reality, but the mind makes them so...and while I don't think most cops kill for joy, I've seen demonstrations of ...enjoyment when describing beatings & such of suspects, that leads me to believe that some do enjoy dishing out punishment...they enjoy backing up their "shield"....protecting their own that have delivered beatings....it's a culture of, "them before me" & us against them"...to me, beating a defenseless person is a very small step from killing...but again, that's just me.

Sorry...to go political....don't know how it started...but I needed to say that...You again made Kaep's actions & comments out to be totally out of line, and changed the subject...when it's obvious many not only agree with them, but several vet's approve of his delivery vehicle, his right to not stand...
Yeah, we just disagree. Unbelievable views. Back to football.