Chris Simms latest on Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
If this video isn't Chris Simms predicting Goff becomes league MVP and Rookie of the Year, despite missing the first 3 regular season games, I don't wanna watch it.
:homer::homer::homer::homer:

rdw

Pro Bowler
I'll sum it up.

Goff is a deer in the headlights, over-matched physically, mentally, and is being outplayed by Keenum and Mannion. Mariota, Winston, Luck would have ended the competition with Keenum the 3rd day of OTA's. Reminds him of Alex Smith. When Smith came it not a whole lot impresses you but at least Alex Smith can run. Jared Goff looks like a very average thrower of the football. If I had to re-evaluate Goff (you know I had concerns in the draft) he had an offense that was made for him in college football and he had NFL talent around him. He'd play Keenum and have Mannion back him up. He doesn't want to overreact after two preseason games but that's what he sees. Also there aren't a lot of impressive throws, the ball doesn't pop out of his hand, rarely throws a spiral (smaller hands coming into play). They've got to be concerned in L.A. but they'll continue to put a positive spin on it but I'm sure those coaches are like, "Oh man did we make a bad decision here?"

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll sum it up.

Goff is a deer in the headlights, over-matched physically, mentally, and is being outplayed by Keenum and Mannion. Mariota, Winston, Luck would have ended the competition with Keenum the 3rd day of OTA's. Reminds him of Alex Smith. When Smith came it not a whole lot impresses you but at least Alex Smith can run. Jared Goff looks like a very average thrower of the football. If I had to re-evaluate Goff (you know I had concerns in the draft) he had an offense that was made for him in college football and he had NFL talent around him. He'd play Keenum and have Mannion back him up. He doesn't want to overreact after two preseason games but that's what he sees. Also there aren't a lot of impressive throws, the ball doesn't pop out of his hand, rarely throws a spiral (smaller hands coming into play). They've got to be concerned in L.A. but they'll continue to put a positive spin on it but I'm sure those coaches are like, "Oh man did we make a bad decision here?"
AAEAAQAAAAAAAASXAAAAJGI5Y2Y0YTBiLTk5MGItNDg1Ni04ZmEzLTE5YTg3ZGM5MTZlNQ.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll sum it up.

For real? Oh man.

Average thrower of the football? Get the fuck outta here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll sum it up.

I take it that you haven't been following the team much this off season, or read any camp reports.
And Goff had NFL talent around him in college? Mkay, seems like you're not familiar with his college either...
Perhaps you forgot to use blue font for the entire post...

bluecoconuts

Legend
I take it that you haven't been following the team much this off season, or read any camp reports.
And Goff had NFL talent around him in college? Mkay, seems like you're not familiar with his college either...

I'm pretty sure he's summarizing what Chris Simms said... Chris is an idiot though, Mannion looked downright awful game 3.

rdw

Pro Bowler
No blue font. I literally summed up with Chris Simms said.

He's an idiot...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pretty sure he's summarizing what Chris Simms said... Chris is an idiot though, Mannion looked downright awful game 3.
My bad, that would explain it. Simms is terrible, I hear him on the radio all the time. Not just Goff but he comes off as not doing his homework quite often, just seems to throw stuff out there

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The next time Simms says anything positive or intelligent about the Rams will likely be the first time.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Bleacher report has a clown roster of NFL "reporters/analysts"

Simms and his sidekick are annoying and top that off with terrible analysis.

Their "insider" Jason Cole literally gets everything wrong about everything. He claimed Mannion would be the backup over Goff, which will never happen. He was also incredibly confident with his Raiders/Chargers to LA takes and he was soo wrong.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I agree, But, How much of Mannion, looking Bad, was because he was working with the 3's and the Rams didn't game plan this game!?!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree, But, How much of Mannion, looking Bad, was because he was working with the 3's and the Rams didn't game plan this game!?!

Mannion has no pocket awareness. He is slow when reacting to pressure, much like Foles.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll sum it up.

Spot on, thanks!