Chris Long Tweet Today and a Few Comments

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The chickens are 0-2 and frisco got their ass kicked yesterday.
It's not all bad.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what? There are people with an emotional connection to a lot of things. It doesn't change how things are. The players aren't accountable to you. They're accountable to their employer and supervisors.

The team that showed up on Sunday is the same team that's showed up for the past decade. Yet, here we are still spending money.

If I solely cared about rooting for a winner, I'd go root for the Cheatriots.

As for what Long said, I see nothing to get upset over. I don't see him dodging responsibility. I see people reading their own agenda into his words.
The players certainly owe it to their fans to put their best effort on the field. That's like your favorite musician putting out a shit album and saying "I'm only held accountable by my label, but not the people who spend money and support me". Only thing dude is getting wrong is questioning long. Long has been a fighter on this team for years. But it is what is. I was irate and I got over it. I'll be right back here week 3 ready for more glory or punishment. Life of a Rams fan lol

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The chickens are 0-2 and frisco got their ass kicked yesterday.
It's not all bad.
Literally bounced back and forth from Seahawks, niners, and Ravens forums just to keep my head straight

fancents86

Starter
The players certainly owe it to their fans to put their best effort on the field. That's like your favorite musician putting out a crap album and saying "I'm only held accountable by my label, but not the people who spend money and support me". Only thing dude is getting wrong is questioning long. Long has been a fighter on this team for years. But it is what is. I was irate and I got over it. I'll be right back here week 3 ready for more glory or punishment. Life of a Rams fan lol
For the record I never questioned Long, just disagreed with his statement. But I agree with everything you just said.

fancents86

Starter
Literally bounced back and forth from Seahawks, niners, and Ravens forums just to keep my head straight
I used to go on the Ravens forum quite a bit a few years ago, they would act the same way even though they had 11 wins under their belt. Lol

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to go on the Ravens forum quite a bit a few years ago, they would act the same way even though they had 11 wins under their belt. Lol
That pisses me off more than anything lol. My friends are Eagles fans and they're in full panic mode over being 0-2. Like, do you know how many 1-15 3-13 2-14'sI've seen as a Rams fan lol

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I agree with what most are saying. Like I get what Long is saying, but I still don't care. Been a fan longer than you've even been in the league. You're not as pissed, not even close.

Also if you're so pissed why does this persist? Why has this Jekyll and Hyde act persisted for 4 years. If you guys are so pissed why is it you keep doing it? Nobody is forcing you guys to play like shit, so maybe start playing like you're tired of it then give us the world's smallest violin song. Don't gimme that but look what we just did back then, beating the hawks shouldn't be our benchmark or equivalent to winning the Superbowl.

That's an even more sad version of hanging your hat on past rings like cowboys fans. Until you guys decide to turn the corner don't act like you've set a precedent for this being a one time thing, you earn that benefit and you haven't done it once.

Until you do everyone has full right to doubt until you put the onus on yourself to disprove a trend 3 years deep.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The players certainly owe it to their fans to put their best effort on the field. That's like your favorite musician putting out a crap album and saying "I'm only held accountable by my label, but not the people who spend money and support me". Only thing dude is getting wrong is questioning long. Long has been a fighter on this team for years. But it is what is. I was irate and I got over it. I'll be right back here week 3 ready for more glory or punishment. Life of a Rams fan lol

Already said that. And they did. Some days, it's just not enough for a win.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not talking about the people in the OP, or anyone here, but if I ever get to the point that I have to lose my ever-loving mind, and have my world come crashing down around me after my favorite team tosses a clunker, then I really need to find something else to do with my time. That's far too much power other people have over my life in that case.

Did they try? Good enough for me.
Did they lose? Well, that sucks. Get after it next time.
Did they win? Awesome. Now I can see/hear some positive stuff for a week.

It's a freakin' game. No offense to anyone, but that's really all it is.

I agree with the first part but the part about "Did they try". I am sure the tried. That isn't the problem. The looked inept. Were they beat from a tough Seattle game? Shouldn't be that because every good team is going to be tough and exhausting to play. They looked unprepared. They didn't look ready for Washington. I think that has fans disappointed more than anything.

Chris Long may be saying to calm down but that doesn't tell us that he has any answer for what happened and it sounds a bit like he is not too concerned that most of he team played like crap.

Just like this forum reminds us whenever we go to write something down, Chris Long needs to think before he posts.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with the first part but the part about "Did they try". I am sure the tried. That isn't the problem. The looked inept. Were they beat from a tough Seattle game? Shouldn't be that because every good team is going to be tough and exhausting to play. They looked unprepared. They didn't look ready for Washington. I think that has fans disappointed more than anything.

Chris Long may be saying to calm down but that doesn't tell us that he has any answer for what happened and it sounds a bit like he is not too concerned that most of he team played like crap.

Just like this forum reminds us whenever we go to write something down, Chris Long needs to think before he posts.

If he did have an answer, do you think you're entitled to know that? Or would you rather he not let Pittsburgh know over social media what their "answer" is?

He's telling people to chill out. The season isn't lost. And he's right. The doom and gloom gets old. I read multiple SOSAR posts on another Rams forum and I told them to cut that shit out. That's a phrase other teams use to insult us. Not what we call ourselves.

Wins happen. Losses happen. We beat a team people didn't expect us to beat. We lost to a team people expected us to beat. We're 1-1 and I'd say a lot of people had us marked down as 1-1 after the first two games. It simply happened differently than expected. That's football. There's 14 more games to go. The season ain't loss. I'm glad Long isn't allowing the pessimists to get him down. He knows what the team is capable of and he's not going to dwell on a shitty game. On to Pittsburgh.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If he did have an answer, do you think you're entitled to know that? Or would you rather he not let Pittsburgh know over social media what their "answer" is?

He's telling people to chill out. The season isn't lost. And he's right. The doom and gloom gets old. I read multiple SOSAR posts on another Rams forum and I told them to cut that crap out. That's a phrase other teams use to insult us. Not what we call ourselves.

Wins happen. Losses happen. We beat a team people didn't expect us to beat. We lost to a team people expected us to beat. We're 1-1 and I'd say a lot of people had us marked down as 1-1 after the first two games. It simply happened differently than expected. That's football. There's 14 more games to go. The season ain't loss. I'm glad Long isn't allowing the pessimists to get him down. He knows what the team is capable of and he's not going to dwell on a crappy game. On to Pittsburgh.

I didn't mean some top secret game plan. I mean he should not come across like he doesn't care or is still thinking about the week before. 'One game at a time' right?

I'd actually prefer him to sound pissed off that they came out flat. I'd rather hear him say it won't happen again or say the entire team is sorely disappointed with the outcome of the game.

I think it is funny that you say the players don't owe anything to the fans. They owe their livelihood to the fans and they owe it to the fans to let them know that they care what they think, if they are going to take it upon themselves to address them. No fans, no team, no job, no money, no cheers. If a player chooses to address the fans the message shouldnt be, 'calm down'. It should instill hope or should reflect the disappointment.

Messages that suggest a loss in a 16 week schedule, against a mediocre opponent, when wins are so hard to come by, after losing for 6 seasons, is okay and we should focus on the week before are not the best way to get fans to keep the faith.

I get that he was trying to just get people to lighten up and realize th season is not over. I think he would be better off not saying anything.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
2 cents

I for one believe it's possible to be a passionate, emotional fan while remaining fairly even-keel and objective whenever you open your mouth on a message board.

We have a vent thread after games which is pretty cool(I use it), but we also have many posters who post every day all year long like they're living in a perpetual vent thread.

The Rams were awful for like six or seven years straight, and they've been mediocre for the last three, no playoffs in 10 years. It's been tough on all of us fans. But...maybe at some point you could just stop beating up the team AND yourself over it?

Maybe we need to start a Rams fan support group for some of us.
"Hi my name's Red Alice, and i'm a battered and abused Rams fan."
th

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I'm with Long, what does it matter if we shit the bed every other game, it's only a game, let's hold on to the good performances and forget the bad. On that note I've moved on to Pittsburgh where we might win, or might let Bell run over us for 200 yards, either way at least we'll have the Seahawks game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd actually prefer him to sound pissed off that they came out flat. I'd rather hear him say it won't happen again or say the entire team is sorely disappointed with the outcome of the game.

i'm pretty sure someone posted another tweet of his that went something like - you think you're pissed, mulitply that by 1000 for us.

then there were multiple posts bagging him saying they didn't want to hear about it.

doesn't matter what he said, people always take it the wrong way after a loss.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
i'm pretty sure someone posted another tweet of his that went something like - you think you're pissed, mulitply that by 1000 for us.

then there were multiple posts bagging him saying they didn't want to hear about it.

doesn't matter what he said, people always take it the wrong way after a loss.

So say nothing at all, your team just got their asses handed to them, by a fairly poor team and a rookie 3rd round RB. Literally nothing you say on social media is going to make it look any better. The only thing that is is if you and your team are able to put together a run of good performances, hopefully resulting in wins, and maybe get 2 games above .500 for the first time since Scott Linehan was HC.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Teams that lose often look inept. Sometimes it's just not in the cards for some teams. And that's why there have been posts about other higher profile teams losing last week. Not because it's a consolation prize, but because it's an illustration that every team, no matter how good, can lose and be outclassed by a lesser opponent. And do we even know that Washington is a lesser opponent? Last year doesn't mean shit when it comes to the present day. If it did, we'd never be taken seriously.

What Chris said and what he meant can only be determined by Chris. That's why I don't typically fall into the trap of trying to determine people's motives when something happens or something is said. I don't for one moment think that he's happy with what happened, and I definitely don't feel like he owes me an explanation. And another thing people aren't taking into account is that he's the *recipient* of thousands of negative comments from people on social media who think it's their duty to call him out and question his job performance and/or bash the group of players he loves. If any of that shit took place in the real world (face to face), I'm sure those people would get a rude awakening, and they'd definitely come away from that meeting with a better understanding of how much he cares.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So say nothing at all, your team just got their asses handed to them, by a fairly poor team and a rookie 3rd round RB. Literally nothing you say on social media is going to make it look any better. The only thing that is is if you and your team are able to put together a run of good performances, hopefully resulting in wins, and maybe get 2 games above .500 for the first time since Scott Linehan was HC.

to tell you the truth, i'd rather rams players wasting time on social media than getting into trouble at some bar/nightclub/strip joint. why does it bother people so much?

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
to tell you the truth, i'd rather rams players wasting time on social media than getting into trouble at some bar/nightclub/strip joint. why does it bother people so much?

If they are the only two options then keep on Tweeting.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I don't got to bars or tweet. Just saying. There are a lot of other things to do.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I get what Long was saying - maybe it just didn't come out the right way. But here's what I'm a little upset about:

* Lack of passion - stems from the head coach on down. I know it's not his style or personality, but his 'performance' on his radio show last night kind of pissed me off. Basically praising the play, the effort, saying there were some big plays, and all this crap. I would rather him just say, "you know what - we got our ass kicked - out-coached, out-played from the time we took that field - and I'm embarrassed by it - I want to apologize to all of our fans." Instead I hear stuff like, "We'll fix it", or "it was good effort", "we made some plays". Bullshit.

* There was a huge opportunity for this organization to take a step forward last week. You could have put a ton more butts in the seats for the Pittsburgh game and got this city excited about this football team - and completely blew it. I'm sick of them letting me and 'us' down so often.