Chris Long Tweet Today and a Few Comments

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I got that game pinned on Foles and Cook. They weren't the same players that showed up against SEA. No idea what the change was, it's killing me.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I got that game pinned on Foles and Cook. They weren't the same players that showed up against SEA. No idea what the change was, it's killing me.

Seemed to me as though we were beaten at the L.O.S on both sides of the ball. This occurrence kept the skill positions from factoring in.
I am sure coaches and players will take note and respond to this with adjustments.
P.S we are a relatively small group of devoted fans that are frustrated by another disappointing loss especially after showing promise week 1.
Take this first loss and give your fellow Ram fans some extra consideration. Treat it like grieving not everyone does it in the same order. We all know win or lose EVENTUALLY we will come back maybe it will take a day maybe a week. We are true fans and we will be back and eventually hopefully soon we will be rewarded

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
This really is a great thread. People getting pissed off about people getting pissed off about players who are getting pissed on after a loss.
Gotta' go full Rodney King on this one. Sometimes ya' just get beat. The other guys get payed also.
I will admit to being WAY higher after a win than down after a loss, ('specially if you get to go on the field afterward).:rockon:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
That would be like saying that just because some of us don't lose our crap over a loss like this last Sunday that we should still want to hang out in our favorite bar and listen to a bunch of bitching and moaning and talk of firing that guy and cut this guy. Sounds like a fun place to hang.

Speaking for myself, I understand what you are saying but this place has always been somewhat of a bastion from the sky is falling, SOSAR spouting, I give up crowd. It's not that I care less or am less tied to the team. I just don't let the team losing make me go on rants and be that guy that I wouldn't want to be having a beer with. Well at least I HOPE I'm not that guy. I'm having a beer with me right now. :D

I'm having some farmhouse ale right now!!

I'm starting to feel the positive vibes coming back! We're gonna ruin Pittsburgh. #1 they don't have a back up QB playing which our D always seems to like make into an all pro, anyway Chris Long stop tweeting after losses
And
GO RAMS!!!!!

* Ignore the doilies

image.jpg

fancents86

Starter

I'm starting to feel the positive vibes coming back! We're gonna ruin Pittsburgh. #1 they don't have a back up QB playing which our D always seems to like make into an all pro, anyway Chris Long stop tweeting after losses
And
GO RAMS!!!!!

* Ignore the doilies

View attachment 10490
Dude...do you live in a vineyard manor in rural Italy? That living room is ridic!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are wrong. This is not normal business. This is entertainment. This is not a staple of life. If a player does something egregious and the team cuts that player why do they do it? Because they want to appease the fans. The NFL is worried about image because they don't want the fans to go away. No fans, no money.

The same things happen with other businesses.

It being entertainment doesn't change anything. They're accountable to who they work for. Not the fans.

Publix isn't a staple of my life either. I can go down the street to Winn Dixie.

What you just said is true of (almost) every business. No customers, no money. People just don't have the same entitlement in other spheres.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
So we are 1 and 1....a huge WIN and disappointing loss......and boy was i disappointed. ....but I Love the Rams and especially THIS YEAR'S team... so before i panic and say things that i cannot take back....im going to wait and see which team shows up this week and for that matter...the next couple.......Chris Long is right....it is a long season...... and to get up for the next game you need to forget the game before and work on the next one.......this is my experience.....anyway to each his own......;)

Go Rams........ ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

And
GO RAMS!!!!!

* Ignore the doilies

View attachment 10490
BTW - Awesome blockwork and timbers.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
From Washington's first touchdown, Rams were in troubleBy Nick Wagoner

[espn.go.com]

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- A look back at the turning-point play in the St. Louis Rams' 24-10 loss against the Washington Redskins on Sunday afternoon:

The situation: It's unusual for the turning point of a game to come as soon as it did Sunday, but it's hard to argue with Washington running back Matt Jones' 39-yard touchdown run that set the tone for a long day at the office for the Rams. Besides, pinpointing one play from the game as a turning point was a more difficult exercise this time given how the game unfolded.

With 7 minutes, 14 seconds remaining in the first quarter, the Redskins had the ball at the Rams' 39-yard line on second-and-12 in a game that was scoreless. Two plays earlier, Redskins running back Alfred Morris rumbled 35 yards off the left side to the Rams' 39. It was an ominous sign that the run defense the Rams played so well last week against Seattle might not be back for an encore.

The play: After the success with Morris to the left side in a three-tight end look, the Redskins -- as they did much of the day -- had multiple tight ends on the field for this one. This time, it was two attached to the left side. Washington balanced with no receivers on that side and two split to the right. The Rams had their "big nickel" formation on the field with safety Mark Barron instead of linebacker Akeem Ayers to go with their starting front four, starting cornerbacks and starting safeties.

Before the snap, the Rams had Barron and safety T.J. McDonald creep into the box with McDonald within a couple of yards of the line of scrimmage on the left side and the two linebackers (Alec Ogletree and James Laurinaitis) in the middle. Jones took a handoff from quarterback Kirk Cousins, cut to the left and bounced outside to race 39 yards for the score.

There were three things that made this work for the Redskins.

1. The Rams getting burned by down and distance assumptions: Players and coaches always talk about earning the right to rush the passer. That usually happens by getting the opponent into second- and third-and-long situations. On the previous play, Ogletree sniffed out a short pass to Jones and dropped him for a 2-yard loss. Traditionally, second-and-12 is a passing down and the Rams clearly thought they had an opportunity here despite the heavy formation on the left side. At the snap, defensive tackle Aaron Donald did what he does best, knifing into the backfield almost immediately. But you can see Donald take a step toward the quarterback rather than Jones, perhaps expecting a play-action pass. By the time Donald saw what was happening, he was just a split second too late to bring Jones down in the backfield. This isn't to put blame on Donald, it's a reasonable assumption that a team would look to pass there but more to give credit to Washington for designing and executing a good play call in a situation in which that play wouldn't be expected.

2. Excellent blocking: Sometimes, one team just does a better job than the other and there was certainly some of that here. Namely, Washington left guard Shawn Lauvao, tight end Jordan Reed and center Kory Lichtensteiger, each of whom played a key role in opening the hole. Lauvao, whom we noted in our look at Washington's running game as the Redskins' best run-blocker in Week 1, was particularly effective pulling outside and nailing McDonald with a perfectly executed kickout block. Reed quickly got to Ogletree at the second level and sealed him inside to create the running lane and Lichtensteiger also got out in space to prevent Laurinaitis from getting outside. None of the three Rams defenders were able to disengage in time to stop Jones from hitting the hole and bouncing outside to the sideline.

3. Rodney McLeod's miscue: This is where this play went from solid gain to long touchdown run. As the last line of defense, McLeod's responsibility here was to ensure Jones didn't make this into a big gainer. But McLeod came tearing out of his spot in the secondary at the worst possible angle and essentially removed himself from the play by getting caught up in the wreckage of the blocks on Laurinaitis and Ogletree. As McLeod tried to get outside to Jones, he ran into Ogletree and Jones raced past him. At that point, it was all over but the celebrating.

The fallout: In the span of three plays, the Redskins managed 74 rushing yards and a touchdown. The Rams adjusted a bit in the second half and were better against the run in the final 30 minutes but they never recovered from the early 7-0 hole and never really put Washington in position where they had to throw the ball. Jones' run wasn't the only success Washington had on the ground Sunday. But it was the best example of how a team effectively running the ball can neutralize what the Rams want to be defensively.

ME:
WE HAVE CORRECTED THIS BULL CRAP AND I HOPE SOMEONE ELSE THINKS THEY CAN TRICK US WITH THIS ,AS THEY WILL BE STOPPED COLD. MOB SQUAD RULES!!! NO INJURIES!!!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yet another snorer from captain obvious.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The same things happen with other businesses.

It being entertainment doesn't change anything. They're accountable to who they work for. Not the fans.

Publix isn't a staple of my life either. I can go down the street to Winn Dixie.

What you just said is true of (almost) every business. No customers, no money. People just don't have the same entitlement in other spheres.

Yeah Your right, exactly the same thing. Think I'll go to public and get me some autographs.