Checking in on Steven Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
At least you don't receive first degree burns from touching the steering wheel out East.
I remember there was a whole list of things about Bakersfield(or Vegas or anywhere hot, really) but one of them was: "You know you're in Bakersfield when you see someone driving with oven mitts and you think they're clever rather than crazy".

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm not going to hold it against Steven that he wanted to be THE guy and the coach didn't want him to be. It's not like he left over only being able to afford 7 mink coated limos over 8.

I'll root against him whenever we play the Falcons or a Falcons loss will help us (except vs. San Francisco, because I will never root for San Francisco ever.), but I still appreciate everything he did here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I remember there was a whole list of things about Bakersfield(or Vegas or anywhere hot, really) but one of them was: "You know you're in Bakersfield when you see someone driving with oven mitts and you think they're clever rather than crazy".
Yeah - I remember when I lived in central CA having to drape a towel or a shirt or something over the wheel so you could even touch it to drive. And don't EVER toss your keys on the dash!

moklerman

Warner-phile
Well, I can't think of too many things cooler than a zombie Buck Owens trying to eat everyone's brains. :)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I've lived in Las Vegas and Bakersfield so I'm pretty familiar with dry heat. Doesn't even compare to adding humidity.

Now, brats and beer...what are the more fun alternatives in Atlanta? Man, I gotta get some dinner.
The place has every major sport,lots of clubs a long summer boating season,wild pig hunting:whistle:, concerts galore ,and you can get cheese brats and beer there besides.
And for SJ it's deep in the HEART of the civil war ,him being a culture buff,I bet he's off visiting a new battlefield on days off all the time.
Now don't get me wrong the Great Lakes are great but still I think if I was a player in my thirties arthritis setting in ,the Vikes playing outside the next two years , 8 home two Chi,that's a lot of cold weather to put an old body through

AnarchyRam

Rookie
I don't understand the infatuation with Steven Jackson.

He's a horrible RB and has been for several seasons now.

He lacks the quickness, acceleration and vision you need in a RB.

With a RB like Jackson you almost need huge running lanes, because he can't find any on his own.

Today, however - I love the vision, patience and power that Zac Stacy brings - and I have a feeling that Stacy, Mason and Cunningham will be a great backfield.

Jackson went to Atlanta and suddenly their offense falls apart. Did not really surprise me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't understand the infatuation with Steven Jackson.

He's a horrible RB and has been for several seasons now.

Not sure you are going to find many in the entire NFL that would agree with you. Sure he's lost a step but he has been a very solid RB on teams that didn't offer much to take away the run defense.