Checking in on Steven Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Can't say that I enjoy being cold but if I had to make a choice, I'd have to think long and hard about the humidity and heat in Atlanta. I can put on a jacket to get warm, not sure there's much relief from 100+ degrees and 100% humidity.
Don't they play in a dome?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Tice has had a free fall.......from OC and then HC to OLC.

Wow......

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah, but I was talking about living not playing. I probably drifted from the point.
SJ is from Vegas hot less humidity, but Atlanta isn't that much hotter nor humid than St. L just about a month longer duration.And FWIW Green Bay is pretty boring unless cheese brats and beer is your thing.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Atlanta is actually pretty nice most of the time. Sounds worse than it is, really. Especially if you live there, get used to it real quick. Love going up there.

moklerman

Warner-phile
SJ is from Vegas hot less humidity, but Atlanta isn't that much hotter nor humid than St. L just about a month longer duration.And FWIW Green Bay is pretty boring unless cheese brats and beer is your thing.
I've lived in Las Vegas and Bakersfield so I'm pretty familiar with dry heat. Doesn't even compare to adding humidity.

Now, brats and beer...what are the more fun alternatives in Atlanta? Man, I gotta get some dinner.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Atlanta is actually pretty nice most of the time. Sounds worse than it is, really. Especially if you live there, get used to it real quick. Love going up there.

I drove through downtown Atlanta in rush hour in fuckin July. No way was that "nice."

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I feel like this year might be Stevens last. Well, unless he just doesn't want to give up football.
He won't make it to the end of the year as a starter....he is just ok,now...he is smart and tough, so that counts for something.

S. Jackson was one of the most classy players to ever don a rams uniform. Always putting the team first, and was the glue holding a really poor franchise together. I can't say how much I hope he has one last go at things in Atlanta if anyone deserves sucsess it's this guy.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I drove through downtown Atlanta in rush hour in freakin July. No way was that "nice."

It's a pretty shady place, but the weather isn't bad at all. At least not for me, I'm used to heat and humidity. If you stay in the good parts, you should be fine.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I walked in downtown in Atlanta on MLK Blvd from the Greyhound stop, I almost got robbed. Not a good place any way you look at it.

Scariest place I have ever been. I was coming home from a big job in florida, had several thousand dollars on my person (I was 20 and still very stupid) and had decided to save money and take a Greyhound home to MO. Was at that downtown Atlanta GH station late at night, waiting for a few hours and had not a had a smoke since Jacksonville... so naturally I decided to walk to a convenience store. An old man grabbed me by the shoulder and said "Son, you got no business across that street." Since I was 20 and invincible and unaware of just how dumb I really was, I ignored him. .................. long story from there, but yeah, I am in STL all the time and never have had any problems.... but I was only in downtown ATL for a few hours before I nearly got robbed or possibly worse....

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Steven Jackson will always be my 2nd favorite player for the Rams behind Faulk. He was the only thing worth watching on our team for years and always gave his all. We could be losing by 20 points and this guy would still be trying to destroy everything in his path. To bad he didn't stay SJ coming in to give Stacy a rest behind our re done Oline damn...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
With that offensive line, can you put it all on SJ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He never would have signed there if Lacy was in the fold. As much as he's had some bad luck as a player, it's his own fault that he demanded to be a feature back. He could have stayed in St. Louis if he wasn't so dead-set on not sharing the ball.
I agree with this. Ultimately, it was his decision to seek greener pastures.
Guy was a solid player and I enjoyed having him on our team, but I dont admire him for saying that he'd rather go somewhere else for what ever his reasons were

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've been of the opinion for years now that Jackson got too big. When he was a young RB he had much of his mass in his legs and had much better burst and short area acceleration. He still can run when he gets a load of steam going, but he's not the same guy any more with all that topside muscle he's got going. The dude looks like a DE, he's absolutely enormous and that isn't helping him.

Anyway, I love the way Fish and Snead handled his departure, it was absolute class. They knew he wasn't the same guy and were smart enough to let him walk. The Falcons banked on him, which was a mistake.

Jax could still do the job with a dominant OL, but then again you could say that about most RBs at the end of their career. What he no longer does is make everyone around him better in that running game. It won't be much longer before the Rams are doing a sign and retire deal with him, IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hope SJ does well unless they play against us. Living a few minutes from Corvallis, I loved watching him play in college and was stoked when we drafted him. He still has my utmost respect for the way he approached the game and the off season. You always knew SJ was going to come to camp in shape and ready to play. And you knew that his heart was always going to be in the game. I feel bad that we couldn't put much of a team around him. Sure hope they do a one day contract or something like that so he can retire a Ram.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Eh.. until he comes back and retires the no. 39 here in STL, he's just another player on another team. Best of luck tho SJ39!