Celebration Thread: Victory in Preseason Game 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I was impressed with Prescott. I wasn't expecting that at all. And Romo is playing all 19 games. ;)
Dak was very impressive.He showed he could be the Cowboys future. Could be a steal, just like Romo was.He didnt play like a rookie. I'd be very pleased if I was a Cowpoke fan.

*Romo will play all 19 games....on Madden....:snicker:

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I was there and Higbee was the most impressive on offense to me. Jrry nailed it, he does not go down easy and that is such a stark contrast to Cook who goes down easier than most WR's. Once he learns how to block Kendricks is done as starter.

Goff had that 1 wow throw down the seem to Cooper, but he couldn't hang on to it. That was enough for me, I hope his shoulder is fine in the morning. Spruce was the MVP by far in my book. Made the easy catch, the clutch catch and a TD catch. Feed him again in the next game and if he does that again I don't see how he doesn't make the 53.

I thought Westbrooks, Seau and Longacre got the most pressure on the QB. The starters on D played so little it was all about the depth players in this one. I noticed Brian Randolph got hurt late and needed help walking to the sideline.

Really liked the play of all the RBs. Cunningham, Brown and Green all made plays. Brown is consistently breaking tackles, I want to see a bit more of him, he reminds me of a slower Michael Turner.

It was a lot of fun and the crowd really got going once it was 21-24 in the 4th. When they took the lead the place was buzzing. The energy level for the Seattle game is gonna be jacked, it was getting loud late in the 4th when Dallas had the ball, good stuff to be there for.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Dak was very impressive.He showed he could be the Cowboys future. Could be a steal, just like Romo was.He didnt play like a rookie. I'd be very pleased if I was a Cowpoke fan.

*Romo will play all 19 games....on Madden....:snicker:
Who here can be honest enough? Dak looked better than Goff. Just saying. However, its just pre-season , so it really means nothing.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Might as well celebrate.

giphy.gif
200w.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Who here can be honest enough? Dak looked better than Goff. Just saying. However, its just pre-season , so it really means nothing.

Dak looked better than almost every QB who played this weekend. He did great. I have no problem saying that. Like I said, if I was a cowboy fan, I'd be extremely happy with what he did on the field today and it's give me hope as a future starting QB once romo was done. It was just pre season but he had a hell of a game.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure what anyone liked about Mannion in this game. Threw screens and quick slants to basically 2 of his receivers, and the defense was poor enough that it was enough to win the game. Whenever that was taken away he looked plodding and inaccurate. Saw enough tonight to think he's much further from being a starter than Goff.

Aside from that I agree with the points made here.

How can you not like what he did. Gruden sure did, he recgonized blitz and got the ball where it was supposed to go.. he didnt force anything and it lead to 3 touchdowns and a win. If Goff had his stat line you would be saying something much different. Its not about starting a qb controversy because there isnt one but for some people to discredit or put an astrik by Mannion is just crazy.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
How can you not like what he did. Gruden sure did, he recgonized blitz and got the ball where it was supposed to go.. he didnt force anything and it lead to 3 touchdowns and a win. If Goff had his stat line you would be saying something much different. Its not about starting a qb controversy because there isnt one but for some people to discredit or put an astrik by Mannion is just crazy.

Well said

…..

Legend
Not sure what anyone liked about Mannion in this game. Threw screens and quick slants to basically 2 of his receivers, and the defense was poor enough that it was enough to win the game. Whenever that was taken away he looked plodding and inaccurate..............

I see what you're saying....

- except that he kept the game from getting out of control by avoiding too many costly mistakes

-spread the ball around to 7 different receivers, not two

-and while you say he was inaccurate, he had actually 72% accuracy

-didn't take a sack

- threw 3 TD's

- had a 109 passer rating

- and basically won the game.

Now I am not saying we need to crown the guy. Lets just not discredit the man that won the game. We all need to feel good about his progress as a Ram.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see what you're saying....

- except that he kept the game from getting out of control by avoiding too many costly mistakes

-spread the ball around to 7 different receivers, not two

-and while you say he was inaccurate, he had actually 72% accuracy

-didn't take a sack

- threw 3 TD's

- had a 109 passer rating

- and basically won the game.

Now I am not saying we need to crown the guy. Lets just not discredit the man the won the game. We all need to feel good about his progress as a Ram.

Exactly..

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sean Mannion is going to be playing football in the NFL. Great game management tonight. Nelson Spruce is a football player, a "go to" guy, While other Rams Wr's get hit and can't hang onto the ball, Spruce goes over the middle in traffic making acrobatic catches. I want Spruce on this football team.
Ian Seau is another football player. Maybe not big enough for DE, but maybe develop as a LB?
Rams have some serious depth, its going to be tough making some cuts (which other teams are going to snap up)

Other players I thought played well: Bryce Hagar at MLB, Troy Hill DB, Green RB, and even ST'er Chase Reynolds. Andrew Donnal looked good at RT. Cam Thomas and Dom Easley look like great FA signings.

I took notes as game went on, more later.

All in all, not a great showing by first teams, but Rams showed they have depth.

NO INJURIES!!!! Rams Win!!!
I agree with everything you said here, except I have to say I noticed a lot of starter's weren't even Playing, like Quinn, and Brockers. Ogletree I'm not sure if he was in there very much. We saw a lot of our #2's and #3's last night! And them coming back from a 24-7 deficit was HUGE!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Happy the young guys got to get a taste of victory, even though it was preseason. I don't care what anyone says, coming back from behind like that to win is a confidence booster.

Mannion got the reps I'm sure he's been longing for. The team came away without any major injuries so that's a plus.

After hearing Fish talk about pulling Goff because his shoulder felt a little ginger makes me respect his decision for doing so. I hope he (because a head coach still can and will make mistakes) learned that it's not a great idea to play the future of your franchise behind a bad third string o-line. Especially when the other team isn't holding anything back.
It was sure kind of scarey watching Goff having to play w/ the 2's and 3's his 1st time out! He took some lump's, but didn't look bad!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
its just pre-season , so it really means nothing.
Well ... How should I put this!!?? .... Your WRONG!! To L.A. Rams Fans ( 90000+ Strong!) Welcoming Home their Old Team It was Huge!! And to all the Rookies fighting for a roster spot it was very important! And in front of a HUGE TV Viewing audience, WOW!!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just got back from the game... Wow, it was pretty fun for a preaseason game!
Was there too! Wow! What was that? It felt like a playoff game. Crazy rabid Rams fans. I mean RABID! Very fun and I've got laryngitis from screaming.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was surprised at Dak's accuracy. He played lights out but do remember the Rams weren't blitzing much like the Cowboys were so things might have looked a little different with the gameplan's swapped. But I'll give Dak props for taking advantage of what was in front of him. If I were a cowboy's fan, I'd be offering up a sigh of relief knowing my team has an apparent reliable back up if Romo goes down AGAIN.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Well ... How should I put this!!?? .... Your WRONG!! To L.A. Rams Fans ( 90000+ Strong!) Welcoming Home their Old Team It was Huge!! And to all the Rookies fighting for a roster spot it was very important! And in front of a HUGE TV Viewing audience, WOW!!

Edit

The Rams are no longer a fucking dome team. All gas, no brakes. White uniforms with grass stains, out playing in the sun. We'll run you over on offense and play great defense. Our pass rush has crazy depth.

I really, really like our RB depth. Bam Bam is the man, Malcolm Brown was a very pleasant surprise and Aaron Green has really nice vision.

Spruce made some good plays. Higbee, too. I would've liked to see more out of Thomas and Cooper, but they both seem to be legitimate kick/punt return threats. Cooper with a couple of drops, which is out of character for him. Probably butterflies.

I hope Seau makes this team.

Edit