Celebration Thread: Victory in Preseason Game 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Might as well celebrate.

giphy.gif

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
After watching previous seasons of hard knocks, it makes me happy to know what this type of win means to the 3rd and 4th stringers. I feel happy for them.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll take a win over a loss any day, even if it's just preseason.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I am just so excited about some of these guys on the bottom of the roster, who are playing well. There will be a ton of surprises on the 53, if these guys keep balling. Great finds scouting department! I thought the OL played pretty well from top to bottom too.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sean Mannion is going to be playing football in the NFL. Great game management tonight. Nelson Spruce is a football player, a "go to" guy, While other Rams Wr's get hit and can't hang onto the ball, Spruce goes over the middle in traffic making acrobatic catches. I want Spruce on this football team.
Ian Seau is another football player. Maybe not big enough for DE, but maybe develop as a LB?
Rams have some serious depth, its going to be tough making some cuts (which other teams are going to snap up)

Other players I thought played well: Bryce Hagar at MLB, Troy Hill DB, Green RB, and even ST'er Chase Reynolds. Andrew Donnal looked good at RT. Cam Thomas and Dom Easley look like great FA signings.

I took notes as game went on, more later.

All in all, not a great showing by first teams, but Rams showed they have depth.

NO INJURIES!!!! Rams Win!!!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Looks like Nelson Spruce is giving Cooper a run for that starting slot receiver position. I'm curious to see how he pans out with starting reps but he looks promising thus far.

This win definitely has the Hollywood narrative written all over it.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Haha @Rynie! Our third and fourth stringers are better than your third and fourth stringers!!!

Gotta say though, if (excuse me, when) Romo goes down again this year, at least you've got a solid replacement. Prescott was money tonight.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Cunningham, Spruce, Mannion, Reynolds, and Mannion played balls out. GRob played well too. Didn't allow pressure.

Would like to have seen Higbee go off too. Caught what was thrown plus opened up some lanes.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Happy the young guys got to get a taste of victory, even though it was preseason. I don't care what anyone says, coming back from behind like that to win is a confidence booster.

Mannion got the reps I'm sure he's been longing for. The team came away without any major injuries so that's a plus.

After hearing Fish talk about pulling Goff because his shoulder felt a little ginger makes me respect his decision for doing so. I hope he (because a head coach still can and will make mistakes) learned that it's not a great idea to play the future of your franchise behind a bad third string o-line. Especially when the other team isn't holding anything back.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Just got back from the game... Wow, it was pretty fun for a preaseason game!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

apart from spruce obviously, duke williams really impressed me. he didn't do much but man he looks good when he does it.

hope both these guys get more chances in the 1st half next game.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
giphy.gif

FISHER SNAPS 0-4 loosing streak in Preseason Openers. Coach is now 1-4

2012 August 12 at Indianapolis Colts L 3–38

Colts led 17-3 at halftime

2013 August 8 at Cleveland Browns L 19–27

Browns led 20-10 at halftime

2014 August 8 vs New Orleans Saints L 24–26

Rams led 17-16 at halftime

2015 August 14 at Oakland Raiders L 3–18

Raiders led 9-3 at halftime

Cowboys led 24-7 at halftime

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I'll take a win over a loss - but I'll take progression and improvement over anything else. Pumped for the season.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Not sure what anyone liked about Mannion in this game. Threw screens and quick slants to basically 2 of his receivers, and the defense was poor enough that it was enough to win the game. Whenever that was taken away he looked plodding and inaccurate. Saw enough tonight to think he's much further from being a starter than Goff.

Aside from that I agree with the points made here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tyler Higbee looks like a player. He's athletic. He catches the ball when it's thrown to him. He doesn't go down easy. He'll be a weapon once he gets the NFL game down. Goff is such a great thrower. The mental game will get there. I want to see Spruce get more reps with the 1s and 2s, so we see him against better DBs. But I love what I saw today.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Haha @Rynie! Our third and fourth stringers are better than your third and fourth stringers!!!

Gotta say though, if (excuse me, when) Romo goes down again this year, at least you've got a solid replacement. Prescott was money tonight.
I was impressed with Prescott. I wasn't expecting that at all. And Romo is playing all 19 games. ;)