Celebration Thread - Rams@Jaguars

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Defenders are thinking deep when it comes to Sammy.
We need to have him hurting teams with the intermediate stuff more often.
This will make his long game more effective.

Yea I don't understand why they don't get Sammy more slants. Bubbles, and those routes where they run like 5 yards and stop. He's really effective at those and more. a lot of underneath short stuff.

I also want to see if they can hit some Josh Reynolds on some GO routes.

I have no problem with their approach in this Jags game. I think it was a real safe game plan allowing for little chance of interception, and it was the exact way you play your cards vs that type of defense. But going forward vs lesser pass defenses I want to see the above.

TexasRam

Legend
Every third and short lol. We could pick up 6 yards on every 1st and 10, but once it's 3rd and 1, they become the best run defense in the NFL.

This wasn't the first time Mcvay got cute and tried to mash it up the middle with Gurley on 3rd and 1, Remember the cowboys game and also vs Seattle. I almost lost my shit when he did it again against the jags.

Perfect time to play action and hit a TE or hell throw one deep and blow the game open. Seriously.

Not sure why the Ghost of Jeff Fisher keeps possessing Mcvay in these 3rd and 1 situations.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This wasn't the first time Mcvay got cute and tried to mash it up the middle with Gurley on 3rd and 1, Remember the cowboys game and also vs Seattle. I almost lost my crap when he did it again against the jags.

Perfect time to play action and hit a TE or hell throw one deep and blow the game open. Seriously.

Not sure why the Ghost of Jeff Fisher keeps possessing Mcvay in these 3rd and 1 situations.

perfect illustration of a football fan people..( not a dig at you TEX)

fan A
"RUN THE BALL MORE on 3rd and 1 we have Gurley"
"getting cute on those toss sweeps run it up the gut its 3rd and 1"
"dont run play action its 3rd and 1 Gurley is averaging 5 yards a carry "

Fan B
" hit em with play action"
" they have stuffed us 2 times on 3rd and 1 pass it "
" play action and hit sammy on a dig "

Which is why we are all sitting here talking about the game on a message forum instead of talking to reporters in pressers after

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't have time right now to read through all this but I will give my thought in just one way. Go LA!!! Both my Rams and my Dodgers won on the same day in meaningful games. Daddy like.

I'm old and my memory is fading...Remind me when that last happened...Yeah, I didn't think so...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Special teams most certainly gets the game ball, defense played great too after a rough start.
And although the offense didn’t put up flashy numbers, it did do its part in this game. 2 drives in this game that were so important, and the likes of which haven’t been seen in a long time.
Drive #1- after Jax goes up 14-10, Rams calmly take the ball 60+ yards in plays. Only face 1 3rd down and score a td to re-take the lead and squash any momentum the Jags had
Drive #2. The fg drive where they iced the game, taking 5 minutes off the clock and forcing jax to use all their timeouts during the 12 play drive.

Just not Rams offense that I’ve become accustomed to.
Offense needs work but I’m just not one who is afraid of what will happen when we need the offense to win a game

bluecoconuts

Legend
My wife was so tickled when we went to a really nice steak house for her birthday and she was able to get tots with her $60 steak. How could I not be amused? But a tot and beer festival? Where? I must take her some time.

It was a traveling one, it may come by. Super jank, they fenced off part of the park, didn't even check ID's and the tots were definitely only there to help with all the beer. All craft beers though, so they were pretty good. I got pretty burned because I was more focused on the beer than shade, but thankfully my fiancee was willing to take my absolutely trashed ass home and take care of me.

I'd do again though. I paid 20 bucks and got 15 beer tickets, two hours and 10 beers later I had 20 tickets from all the lightweights giving us their tickets.

Plus got to see some titties, so always a plus.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't have time right now to read through all this but I will give my thought in just one way. Go LA!!! Both my Rams and my Dodgers won on the same day in meaningful games. Daddy like.

Kings won too.

In fact if you wanna throw in preseason basketball there was a clean sweep for professional sports this weekend in LA. Too bad my Bruins couldn't do the job... Shitty ass Jim Mora needs to go.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A crowd of 56,232 was announced for the game. It did look like there were some empty seats. Too bad, it was a great game. Their loss.

Micah

UDFA
Name
Micah
Nice win. Idk I thought their defense was a little over hyped but the better team won. Now you get to fly to London and expose the old AF Cards lol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
i'm really slow but I think I get this one.

And here is hoping you get it, each & every night!
tenor.gif

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A recurring (and good) theme this year... one word: Resiliency.
But to overcome that
they keep the faith and keep finding ways to win.
Last year, this type of performance would have ended with a loss. THESE guys have resiliency. Last week, ST's killed us. This week they carried the team.
Right but we have won now with every aspect of the game. Offense won the first two we won. Defense arguably stepped up and preserved the next. Special teams won this one.

In another thread, I lamented about red zone effectiveness, but these posts kinda bring it back to reality...
We played against a young talented defense. The fact we haven't scored in the second half of games is just what you would expect from a young up and coming offense.
Let's not be too whiny about the fact that it was ugly. We knew it would be very tough on our offense,
Also, before judging our offense, we need to put into perspective that we just played two of the best defenses in the league.
Jaguars defense is legit. Under those circumstances offense did pretty well.
We all knew the Jags had a great defense..best we faced all year
And dont kid yourself Jax has a very good defense.

So I'll cred the offense in avoiding turnovers
And that was huge! In a close game like that, TOs are usually the difference. Rams kept pretty good care of the ball.

Well, last three games against, Dallas, Seattle and Jacksonville, a TOTAL of 15 points given up in the 2 second half.
Yeah, when I look back on the last half of the DAL game, and the effort against SEA and how they played after the initial punch in the face yesterday, I see this defense improving.

Personally, I think trying to force the ball to Watkins almost cost us an interception when Goff had Kupp open. Watkins also dropped a third down pass early in this game. Goff and Watkins need to get on the same page deep, as they're always just a few inches off. But I'm not really feeling like we need to get Watkins going. I think our offense functions well even without him going.
I said it last week... I'm not a fan of forcing balls to WRS just because. Watkins got a couple targets... not the 8+ that some believe he needs... and they still won by 10. I'm fine with that.

Let's get back to kicking ass through the air next week against a more vulnerable defense.
Yup... I really hope I see more points scored by the offense this week...

A55VA6

Legend
Happy to be 4-2.. but man I feel like we should be 5-1.. That SEA game was just bullshit.

But anyways, I give the Rams defense a lot of shit because of how they start games... but they've done a great job finishing. 2nd half D this season has been very good.

Despite the lack of offensive production in the passing game (against a good defense), Rams found a way to win by Special Teams and defense.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
A screenshot from MSN Sports/Yardbarker's "Biggest winners and losers from NFL Week 6"

MSN%20week%206%20winners-losers_zpszsx4oamt.jpg

:thinking:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A screenshot from MSN Sports/Yardbarker's "Biggest winners and losers from NFL Week 6"

MSN%20week%206%20winners-losers_zpszsx4oamt.jpg

:thinking:
WOW! Does this writer know how to get his Facts right or what!!:rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
who is Malcom Butler? And when did Greg Zurlien start punting for the Jag's?

Amazing how some of these talking heads keep their job.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I was looking at this earlier, and If you look carefully at the entire Jag's Rushing game you'll find:
* the Jag's rushed a total of 26 times for 169 yards. BUT ...
* Take away 4 rushes;
1) Fournett's 75 yarder
2) Fournett's 18 Yarder
3) Bortles 17 yard run
and
4)Lee's 17 yard run
* That leaves the Jag's with 22 carries for just 42 yards Total! Less then 2 yards a carry average!!
"Way-To-Go Rams Defense!(y);):D