Celebration Thread - Rams@Jaguars

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
We gashed them on the ground while the passing offense struggled. On that last drive, McVay seemed to get away from the need to throw the ball, and we just walked it down the field using the run game. But earlier in the game, we'd have Gurley post a few good runs in a row, and then we'd throw the ball three times in a row.

Frankly, if we had run the ball 30 times today to 10 passes, I wouldn't have had an issue with it. We were eating in the run game.

@Jrry ... I agree with you in general. I don't remember any recent games where Gurley was able to generate at least 5 yards each time he touched the ball over a 15 - 25 minute stretch of the game. The drive in the 1st half where they tried 3 Play-action passes in a row had me scratching my head ; the LB's didn't even bite on the last one.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
We are going to have to start closing drives better. The past few games we have lost some of our mojo in the red zone.

We got away with it this time.

bluecoconuts

Legend
We are going to have to start closing drives better. The past few games we have lost some of our mojo in the red zone.

We got away with it this time.

Playing against better defenses, and there's more tape on us, and Goff. Still, the fact that we're able to pull this one out, and last week we had them and lost it ourselves, is the sign of a good team. I expect our offense to have better days against the Cardinals who are 26th in pass defense and the Giants who are 17th.. The Seahawks are 8th and Jags are 3rd for perspective.. Giants are also 28th in rush defense, so our offense could really get going potentially.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Great solid win today. Did it the right way. No smoke and mirrors.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
87105070-C09B-4445-A0A0-53C455B4F23A.jpeg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
0617B3AD-B96A-46A1-B142-BAA97BBD2E3E.jpeg

Not trying to be a downer, but it hasn’t exactly translated into sacks. He has like 2 this year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
View attachment 22127
Not trying to be a downer, but it hasn’t exactly translated into sacks. He has like 2 this year.

It will if we're patient. He could easily have 6 sacks at this point in the year if things went just slightly differently. As long as he's pressuring, it will force errant passes and negative/neutral plays. And the sacks will come.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
First time since 06 we're 4-2, enjoying this feeling.

Plus I went to a beer a tater tot festival and got super day drunk.
My wife was so tickled when we went to a really nice steak house for her birthday and she was able to get tots with her $60 steak. How could I not be amused? But a tot and beer festival? Where? I must take her some time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't have time right now to read through all this but I will give my thought in just one way. Go LA!!! Both my Rams and my Dodgers won on the same day in meaningful games. Daddy like.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And the D hasn't yet played a complete game. But's it's coming... and it will more than one game.
Right but we have won now with every aspect of the game. Offense won the first two we won. Defense arguably stepped up and preserved the next. Special teams won this one. Find that W my Rams. I don't care how you do it - just find them.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Feels really good to be 4-2, especially considering the Cards are sneaking up in the division.
Goff seemed to be overthrowing his receivers most of the afternoon. I know Sean McVay works with him here in Thousand Oaks where my beloved Rams train during the week. Goff needs to be more consistently accurate when we go up against better teams. Gurley was money today as was our defense and special teams. A blocked punt that went for a TD. Can't even recall the last time the Rams pulled off that feat. GO RAMS and GO DODGERS.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Gurley was money today as was our defense and special teams. A blocked punt that went for a TD. Can't even recall the last time the Rams pulled off that feat. .

Replace Gurley with Dickerson
in the above and this was like an 80s Rams day with Cromwell blocking a punt and some young RB putting it in the endzone....and ROn Brown returning the kick off...and defense bending a bit, but very few points given up.

Haven't seen the game, so thanks for all the info ya'all put up.

I was thinking 4-3 to start the season, but I gladly change to 5-2 if we can eliminate that pesky A Peterson punk.