CELEBRATE !! Celebration thread...eating Brownies tonight!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I’m going to the ravens game next week. A month ago I though I’d just be going to “see my team” but low and behold it now has playoff implications!
We'll be there as well. What section you in? There was a good bit of Rams fans there in 21.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
No. I meant it as if I was saying please don’t let him cover TEs anymore.

He did play and they had him covering Njoku on some plays and he didn’t do a good job of it. Hopefully when Lake returns, Hoecht won’t be given that responsibility ever again.

Yeah, there are always trade offs to consider. Best would be to have all-pros at every position of course. ;)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We'll be there as well. What section you in? There was a good bit of Rams fans there in 21.
I may pick up tickets to this one as well. I am only 45 mins from The Big Crabcake.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Could you imagine how psyched up we would be if they had actually won at least one of the Cincinnati/ Pittsburgh/ Packers games ... all of which were eminently winnable.

Especially the packers game. When the season ends, your post will be a reminder of key wins the Rams left on the field.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
That was easily the least stressful/frustrating game of the season so far! What a great all around team performance. I thought Puka was done after the injury. When he came back out in the 3rd I was shocked! What a stud!

oldnotdead

Legend
Looking ahead:

I'm not penciling in the Ravens game as a loss. I think the Rams can run on them and if they get balance in the offense, they can offensively compete with the Ravens. If Morris doesn't play soft and stays aggressive in the secondary I think they can limit the Raven offense enough to steal this game.

The Ravens and Niners are the toughest teams remaining on the Ram schedule. I think both will be tough but winnable games. If they can go in as the #5 seed they should be able to get to the at least the divisional round. The Rams are currently are the #8 seed. But I think the Vikings will drop out of contention as they play at least 3 games they are likely to lose.

If the Rams go in as the last wildcard they could end up playing the Niners twice in consecutive weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a PK next year. IMO more important than an edge. If Wentz doesn't play this year does he sign a one year deal to be a backup next year? I think he does. He knows Stafford is injury prone. I doubt he attracts much interest.

If Wentz stays that would seal the end of Bennett.

Jackson played well against Garrett. If he continues, he might hold on to his start at LT. But Wendell has to work on his technique.

I can see Witherspoon signing a 3 year extension (2 yrs by structure) he shouldn't be overly expensive. $4-$5M/yr range IMO.

I see the Rams drafting 2 CBs next year. Probably 5'11" - 6'1" who run a 4.4 or better. I think they are playing DK because neither Tomlinson or Durant are ready. IMO they could play Yeast at boundary CB this year if they wanted to. He has enough speed and agility to temporarily play the position.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
That was easily the least stressful/frustrating game of the season so far! What a great all around team performance. I thought Puka was done after the injury. When he came back out in the 3rd I was shocked! What a stud!

I thought he was done for the season. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when he came back in.

It was also nice to see glimmers of the Kupp of old. It seems like Kupp is getting better and better as the season progresses.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, there are always trade offs to consider. Best would be to have all-pros at every position of course. ;)
If you recall, the Rams had some trouble with tight ends earlier in the year too. That seemed to be less of a problem when lake started.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
If you recall, the Rams had some trouble with tight ends earlier in the year too. That seemed to be less of a problem when lake started.

Yeah, I am just not sure if the trouble with TEs is related to trouble with the Star (Lake vs. Durant) position or with an athletic mismatch of the OLB position. Or whether it is a scheme issue where our D is having to choose between the extra run support offered by an OLB vs a 3 Safety (inclusive of Star position) look that we have seen our DC run.

Also, when it comes to OLB vs. TE, how many can actually cover a TE? Perhaps more than I think.

That said, of course the position could use an upgrade. My only point is that if the scheme is sound and an OLB is asked to bracket a TE vs. being solely responsible for a TE, does the OLB make a big difference. We have seen before that scheme can make up for a lot (i.e. Reader).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, I am just not sure if the trouble with TEs is related to trouble with the Star (Lake vs. Durant) position or with an athletic mismatch of the OLB position. Or whether it is a scheme issue where our D is having to choose between the extra run support offered by an OLB vs a 3 Safety (inclusive of Star position) look that we have seen our DC run.

Also, when it comes to OLB vs. TE, how many can actually cover a TE? Perhaps more than I think.

That said, of course the position could use an upgrade. My only point is that if the scheme is sound and an OLB is asked to bracket a TE vs. being solely responsible for a TE, does the OLB make a big difference. We have seen before that scheme can make up for a lot (i.e. Reader).
Yeah. What I saw is a guy who isn’t fast enough to cover an athletic TE like Njuko. When the defense was running Flacco down, he left coverage to chase the QB and the result was Njoku making a clutch catch. This speed and lack of coverage ability hapoened earlier in the season too.

I think it’s mostly the result of having to turn a former 300 lb ( never looked that big to me) DLineman into an edge rusher.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Rams are in great position to make a playoff run. Either the Vikings or Packers will falter. I like our chances if we can win 4 of the last 5.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rams are in great position to make a playoff run. Either the Vikings or Packers will falter. I like our chances if we can win 4 of the last 5.
I’m looking at Vikings. Pack is playing great, has better Qb & easier schedule.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
I thought he was done for the season. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when he came back in.

It was also nice to see glimmers of the Kupp of old. It seems like Kupp is getting better and better as the season progresses.
Ive been saying a few times now, its because hes been sitting too long and needs to be out there. These pop up injuries are because his body is not used to it anymore.If hes #2 or #3 WR this year then so be it. Dont get him hurt and rest him in quarters if needed, but dont fully take him out unless its serious. When Kupp is 100% we will have the best 1-2 punch possible, 3 punch with Robinson/Tutu.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Try not to think about that kind of stuff. :laugh1:
Steelers go down 24-10. WTF...how on earth did they come in to SoFi and win?

Fran Healy What GIF by Travis