Cardinals at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Karma is going to bite this prick coach again and bite him hard. Up by 24 points in the 4th Q and you still have your QB with an injury history out there and you're blitzing every play.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Nah. This team is poorly coached and mentally weak.
That's one of my biggest fears is the fact they are mentally weak. Losing has been ingrained into everything they do from practices, film study, and overall preparation which ultimately has carried over each Sunday. I said this before, most of these guys have been with this team since they began their NFL career and they don't know what it takes to win. They have been part of a losing culture and I just don't think they have the ability to "wipe the slate" being a part of this disaster. What I've watched this year is of no other. I cannot believe this team can call themselves a "professional" team. The record may not reflect it, but we are the worst team in the NFL. It kills me because I wear my emotions on my sleeve with this team. I am beyond pissed with where this team is right now. We hope things will get corrected, but the owner does not have a track record showing it. Other professional teams he owns struggle and he does nothing in making them better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There we go.

Here comes the Frank Reichesque comeback.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Mr Shanahan , thats Rams are on the phone

giphy.gif

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I said it around week 6 or so. There arent any winners on the team. No leaders. Fisher wasnt exactly what you call a winner, and shit rolls downhill. Need to basically blow it up at this point.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The defense isn't giving 100%.

Either that, or they have regressed considerably.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Picking 5th in the 2nd round should fix things.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
From 3-1... to THIS.

Wtf happened? Or what didnt happen?
Just awful football.
A few close loses, playing not to lose, soft defense, no confidence in the rookie QB when he started, fired HC, abunch of guys playing not to get hurt and a shity OL

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are very wrong in your assessment. You've been bashing Barnes all year and most of the time you've been so wrong and far off in your takes that's it's comical. FYI, Barnes was voted the Rams most valuable lineman this year and he's been playing through an injury that has put many on IR. Most of the perceived faults of Barnes and blown assignments have not been his fault and have were blown assignments by others. You and I got into it about a play a couple of weeks ago about your perceived failure of Barnes to pick up a stunt. So, I asked him about it and surprise, it wasn't his man to pick up on the block. The guard was supposed to come off and get him.

You may not like him and that's fine, but when you throw stuff like this out, I'll defend the player every time.

I'll post the play:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0CaMNlGT64

Which Guard is supposed to get him? Rodger Saffold, who is locked up with another DL, or Andrew Donnal, who is also locked up with another DL? But no, Barnes, who is blocking nobody, isn't supposed to block the guy who runs right by him? There are 5 rushers. Every OL but Barnes is blocking somebody.

If Donnal is supposed to hand off his guy and block Beasley (only thing that would make sense based on Barnes turning to his right), that explains a lot about why our OL sucks something fierce this year. Because Donnal is not in position to block Beasley and Barnes is not in position to block Donnal's guy. Switching is the only thing that makes sense on that play. Especially since they slide protection right off the snap.

No wonder our OL is so terrible at picking up stunts.

You look to absolve Barnes of blame every chance you get. The guy has been a major liability this year. If he's playing through an injury, it's understandable why he's been so bad. But don't try and tell me he's playing well. I see his guy often blowing him up or blowing past him when he's zone blocking.

Let's also point out the fact that he is the Center. He's the guy responsible for making sure everyone else knows their assignments and are on the same page. Yet, our OL never is on the same page and is always screwing up their assignments. Boudreau and Boras take the vast majority of the blame for that. But Barnes has to take some blame (a small share of it) for the guys on this OL not knowing what they're doing during games.