Cardinal Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cardncub

Rookie
No, just telling it like it is. Your HC is a dick.
He didn't win another game after those comments last year, and the Rams dealt him a Loss in the next meeting(this year) so there's no payback needed for this fan anymore. :)

Like yourself i see, read and hear alot of Arians in the local media. Like most coaches around the league he's confident and arrogant(not necessarily a bad thing, comes with leadership) but don't you think he comes across as a little sensitive and defensive when it comes to gaining respect Nationally? Sort of reminds me of the fanbase here(Arizona).

I would take him over any other head coach in the league. I also think you would love to have him coaching the Rams. The sooner you guys get rid of Fish the better you will be. The Rams have a lot of talent & should be better than they are & that falls on coaching. Here's to an injury free good game Sunday. :cheers:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bah! If there are idiots thinking we intentionally hurt QB's and Williams has convinced the players to do a new round of bounties then I say embrace the hate!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would take him over any other head coach in the league. I also think you would love to have him coaching the Rams. The sooner you guys get rid of Fish the better you will be. The Rams have a lot of talent & should be better than they are & that falls on coaching. Here's to an injury free good game Sunday. :cheers:
See though it's funny, i read other boards too, and the theme from the outside looking in i've read the most was "When the Rams get rid of Bradford they'll be a good team..."
Now we're hearing the same except insert Fisher. I'm of the opinion that we need a good QB and some better offensive coaching(although that could be solved by Fisher relenting some responsibility maybe).

Carolina is basically what the Rams want to be. We're a decent/good QB away from being a VERY good football team IMO. The defense and special teams are as good as or better than anything else the division or the NFC is serving up these days.

If we could just execute a simple offensive gameplan....:baghead:
tumblr_mhznjiD9Xr1qcnh9do8_r1_250.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Bah! If there are idiots thinking we intentionally hurt QB's and Williams has convinced the players to do a new round of bounties then I say embrace the hate!
[av]http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/starwars6/anger.mp3[/av]

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The Rams will win Sunday.
This is a typical fisher win. Just when you think the team is down they get up and smack somebody.

This is basically exactly what I was going to say. My slant is they win games they shouldnt and lose to the cupcakes....this team drives me crazy.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I agree with this. I would like to have Arians coaching this team. Regardless of what he has said, he has done a nice job with that team.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is basically exactly what I was going to say. My slant is they win games they shouldnt and lose to the cupcakes....this team drives me crazy.
I used to feel that way, but the way the offense has regressed... just not as sure any more.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-louis-rams-whats-the-game-plan-for-st-louis

Arizona Cardinals vs. St. Louis Rams: What's the Game Plan for St. Louis?
By Steven Gerwel, Featured Columnist

The St. Louis Rams (4-7) will host the Arizona Cardinals (9-2) this Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome. The Rams are thankful to be home after a brutal two-game road trip to Baltimore and Cincinnati. The team is hoping the home-field advantage will finally allow it to snap the current four-game losing streak.

St. Louis managed to best Arizona by a score of 24-22 in Week 4, but the Rams have devolved into a completely different team since then. Due to inconsistent play by the defense and the total lack of anything resembling an offense, the Rams have failed to win a single game since November 1.

Since the team appears to get worse every week, it’s hard to imagine the Rams suddenly snapping out of it against a top-notch opponent such as Arizona.

Unlike the Rams, the Cardinals have been anything but inept in 2015. Arizona currently possesses the No. 1 offense in the league, averaging 410 yards per game. Meanwhile, the team possesses a defense that surrenders just 326.4 yards per game—good for fifth-best in the NFL.

Despite St. Louis’ home-field advantage and the team’s success against Arizona earlier in the year, the outlook is grim for the Rams. Without a proper game plan, this game could get ugly.

Here’s what to watch for:

hi-res-b757d9b8deeda5c4e390dd384f267644_crop_exact.jpg

Rick Scuteri/Associated Press

Offensive Game Plan

The Rams are currently ahead of just one NFL team—the San Francisco 49ers—in terms of yards per game (304), but in the watchful eyes of Pro Football Focus, they’re dead last. St. Louis’ overall offensive grade is -113.9.

The site also gives St. Louis a pass blocking grade of -51—third-worst in the league—and a run-blocking grade of -25.8. The grade in run blocking is particularly troubling, considering the Rams used a number of offseason draft picks to acquire road-paving linemen—Rob Havenstein (second round), Jamon Brown (third round), Andrew Donnal (fourth round), Cody Wichmann (sixth round), Isaiah Battle (supplemental fifth-round pick).

It’s almost remarkable that the Rams pumped so many resources into a single unit with no positive results whatsoever.

The last time these teams faced each other in Week 4, Todd Gurley’s 146 rushing yards were key to St. Louis’ victory. Gurley has been held under 100 rushing yards in each of the last four games. Last week in Cincinnati, the Bengals held Gurley to just 19 yards on the ground and kept him out of the end zone for the first time since Week 5.

Without a successful Gurley, the Rams have no offense. Something has to happen to spark the run game. We need to see more packages that utilize Cory Harkey or Lance Kendricks as a lead-blocking fullback. Additionally, it’s time to get creative—perhaps by utilizing a third offensive tackle or running Gurley out of the Wildcat.

Along with Gurley, the Rams must get Tavon Austin going. Austin has been limited to 10 or fewer offensive touches in each of the last three games, which is simply unacceptable. Other than Gurley, he’s the only offensive player capable of making an impact. He needs a bigger role.

In week 4, Gurley and Austin both turned in a signature performance. If St. Louis can’t make that happen again, there’s no hope.

hi-res-1c547add75d206bb9c2865df2437021c_crop_exact.jpg

Tom Gannam/Associated Press

Defensive Game Plan

The St. Louis defense takes a lot of pride in its pass rush—to the point that the group nicknamed itself “Sack City” a year ago.

Lately, the St. Louis pass rush has been nothing worth boasting about. In fact, it’s been rather invisible. Rams fans expect this unit to get at least three or four sacks in a single game. Instead, the Rams have just four sacks in the last four games combined—2.5 of them belong to Aaron Donald.

What happened to the ruthless pass rush and the blitz-happy Gregg Williams?

Sure, Robert Quinn has been inactive for three of the last four games. Even so, the team has depth to counter-balance that. The other defensive ends on the roster—Chris Long, William Hayes, Eugene Sims—have been complete ghosts.

The last time the Rams played Arizona, Carson Palmer was sacked four times. The defense was physical, nasty and seemed capable of standing up to the best offense in the NFL. The Rams must spark the pass rush once again and get inside Palmer’s head.

Additionally, it’s important for Janoris Jenkins to play well against Larry Fitzgerald. In their last meeting, Fitzgerald had 99 yards receiving, but Jenkins kept him out of the end zone. We need a similar top-notch performance from the Rams’ No. 1 cornerback this time around.

If Jenkins and the secondary can prevent the big plays downfield, it’ll allow the St. Louis front seven to lock in on Palmer and the run game.

hi-res-f19a622fa6a38aa8ce9a7b19020fb1e0_crop_exact.jpg

Rick Scuteri/Associated Press

Prediction: Cardinals 31, Rams 10

I stand by my prediction in the official game preview. The Rams have little hope in this game.

Sure, the Rams took down the Cardinals on their own turf earlier in the season. When using basic logic, it wouldn’t be too far-fetched for that same Rams team to accomplish that once again, especially since it has the home-field advantage this time around.

But that’s the issue. This is not that same Rams team from October 4. The Rams have regressed at a rapid and embarrassing pace—they are a shell of that Week-4 team.

Jeff Fisher teams are capable of manic rebounds at unexpected moments, but don’t buy it. It’s too late in the season, and the Rams have been beaten too hard into the ground for such an enthusiastic turnaround. It’s time to stick a fork in them.

Arizona should have no problem taking care of business. Frankly, it’ll be a major success if St. Louis keeps the game interesting.

MountainRam

Rookie
Vegas odds betting line has been moved in favor of Rams. As I have been saying all week, this is a relatively easy win for Rams. 28-17 Rams

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I like the way you chose relatively easy win (for us). I'll be watching for sure. :popcorn:

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
Are Quinn and tru out for good or game time decisions

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Are Quinn and tru out for good or game time decisions

It was rumoured that Quinn could be shutdown for the season (back). That tells me he is very doubtful.

But, I haven't heard anything new in about a week.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
Ugh Quinn is too good to be out
It was rumoured that Quinn could be shutdown for the season (back). That tells me he is very doubtful.

But, I haven't heard anything new in about a week.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Here's to an injury free good game Sunday. :cheers:

Nah, I'd rather the Rams take out Palmer. Then the deadbirds get pissed and take out Foles. Now that would be a win win for the Rams. :sneaky:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Does beating Seattle in Seattle not count? Seems like we have their number up there when Palmer healthy.

What your guys might be in danger of is a false sense of accomplishment after holding the Rams to single digit points. Then the next week the opposing team with an NFL caliber offense scores on your guys and they go "Hey, I thought we were better. We shut them down last week". But shutting down the Rams is something everyone does.