Can we talk about this block? Wow.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Far as I'm concerned this was an "in you face, at your house" butt whupping, Cowboy Nation has no idea what hit them

The first half wasn't, especially the 2nd quarter.

But that second half was something to watch.

I hate that stupid fucking eating thing that Elliot does as a celebration and he's a fucking dbag that he puts a towel in the neck of his jersey to do it. I thought you weren't allowed to use props.

I wish one of the Rams defenders would have dogged him and copied it when he got stuffed a bunch of times in the second half.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What a difference in the Ram wide receivers with Michael Thomas eligible to come back too, wow!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I just got home from the game about an hour ago. I didn't see that block at the time, I was watching Gurley, but hearing the Cowboys fans whine and moan about that play was awesome.

That was a hell of a hit though.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
So happy to see Tavon being more involved in the game plan. It's obvious that McVay see's him more as a running back, but that's ok. That's Tavon's natural position - his size just holds him back from being an every down guy.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
That block by Reynolds was outstanding!! Well executed hit by the rookie! It could've been a KO shot but he kept it clean and by the book.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I may be wrong. But that block looks like Derek Carrier put the hurt on the Cowboys.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd really like to see Reynolds get a few more snaps or maybe just let him be earlier in the reads in the play design on a few plays. Of course now with Thomas returning it's going to be even more difficult to see that happen.
I'd rather keep Reynolds..Why are many so stoked about Thomas' return? I can't remember him doing much in games...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd rather keep Reynolds..Why are many so stoked about Thomas' return? I can't remember him doing much in games...

He affects Reynolds because they both project to the same role, X, in this offense. Watkins then Reynolds/Thomas and tbh I don't know who is higher on the depth chart in McVay's mind. I suspect Thomas might be ahead of him due to his one year of experience, but either way Thomas is an upgrade on special teams so he'll be active.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He affects Reynolds because they both project to the same role, X, in this offense. Watkins then Reynolds/Thomas and tbh I don't know who is higher on the depth chart in McVay's mind. I suspect Thomas might be ahead of him due to his one year of experience, but either way Thomas is an upgrade on special teams so he'll be active.
I'll have to disagree with you here. I think Josh Reynolds has the capability to be #1 WR on this team. I like him better.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't care
about anybody else
when I think about Josh Reynolds destroying a guy to spring Gurley for a 53 yard go ahead touchdown
I touch myself

Never was worth a sh!t at lyric writing, me.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I may be wrong. But that block looks like Derek Carrier put the hurt on the Cowboys.

No it was 100% Reynolds, if you have the game dvr'd you'll notice as the Rams are lining up the picture is focused on Tavon, just to the inside of him is #83...who pretty much blasted #27 Jourdan Lewis into the next zip code

As they are coming of the field Reynolds gets his due from the staff and his teammates

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
No it was 100% Reynolds, if you have the game dvr'd you'll notice as the Rams are lining up the picture is focused on Tavon, just to the inside of him is #83...who pretty much blasted #27 Jourdan Lewis into the next zip code

As they are coming of the field Reynolds gets his due from the staff and his teammates

That was a great block for a Gurley TD.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I'd rather keep Reynolds..Why are many so stoked about Thomas' return? I can't remember him doing ANYTHING in games...

Fixed it for you.

Seriously...I don't get the mad love for Thomas; all I saw was a physical specimen with suspect hands. Frankly, I wouldn't bump any of the WR's who've been in uniform these first 4 games in favor of Thomas.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Was a stunning block, but I also have to agree with @LesBaker
The fake to Austin froze three defenders long enough to let Gurley get by all of them, then they couldn't catch up to the play...

I think this is where the TD was created, TA is creating a lot more space for Gurley and he's loving it!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How awful is Moose Johnston as a color commentator? It was indeed Reynolds and all this tool could comment on was to whine about "poor angles" of the Dallas secondary

I'm pretty convinced that crushing block contributed heavily to Gurley scoring

Far as I'm concerned this was an "in you face, at your house" butt whupping, Cowboy Nation has no idea what hit them
I did predict, in the Game day thread, that the Cowpie's would be like this after the game ........

huh cowboys go huh.gif
huh cowboys go huh.gif
huh cowboys go huh.gif
huh cowboys go huh.gif
huh cowboys go huh.gif
huh cowboys go huh.gif
huh cowboys go huh.gif
huh cowboys go huh.gif
huh cowboys go huh.gif
huh cowboys go huh.gif
huh cowboys go huh.gif

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff perfectly led TGII with that pass ...was a thing of beauty
I went nuts.... looked around at all the DAL fans (especially the two I went to the game with)... utter disbelief and silence.

It was awesome!!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Thomas was a good gunner last year and this year showed better hands in preseason. That been said, I would say Reynolds has surpassed him. Now, could Thomas come in and join w/ Reynolds as an outside gunner making our punt coverage teams even better.......maybe, but outside our 3rd string QB..... I don't know where else you would trim from the roster.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

The major thing with Thomas is he is an elite special teams player and gunner.

He was also getting a lot of talk during the offseason process.

To me it seems obvious. The more weapons for Mcvay and the gang. The better.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Didn't it kind of look like Tavon was more the number 2/3 running back rather than wide receiver? He did run a couple of routes but he mostly was sweeping or lining up in the back field. He did very well out of the backfield as well. 6 carries for 48 yards.