Can We Find A Place For Aaron Donald On This Defense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BeerOClock

Rookie
To be honest, I wanted Donald more than Clowney. As disruptive, better fit and costs a #13 instead of the #2. Great draft Rams!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I promise you, my friend. That's how they do it. You move up 1 slot each round until you get to the top slot of the teams with the same record then you drop to the last slot.

Jrry is right.

BeerOClock

Rookie
The play at 1:10 in this video where he tackled BOTH the Qb and RB is flat out ridiculous!

When Fisher and Williams were watching this on tape, I can see Williams turning to Fisher and saying: "I think I just figured out a new way to defend the read-option."

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
That's one way to contain the read option.
It reminded me of a Jack Youngblood highlight I saw way back in the day vs. the Patriots.

Handoff, Youngblood wraps up the QB, almost seems to say "You don't have the ball!", throws him aside, then tackles the runningback. It was glorious.

BeerOClock

Rookie
It reminded me of a Jack Youngblood highlight I saw way back in the day vs. the Patriots.

Handoff, Youngblood wraps up the QB, almost seems to say "You don't have the ball!", throws him aside, then tackles the runningback. It was glorious.

l'd love to see that highlight--if anyone finds it on the web, could they post it? It's sounds so.......Youngblood.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Pretty cool trip down memory lane. I had never heard of Donald before Username posted that. Maybe in one of @jrry32 mocks but not sure. Anyway, pretty funny how I was against the idea at first but started to warm to it. Pretty hard to deny all the logic being presented by User, Jrry, and I think Jjab.

Once again, clear demonstration of why the Rams should not listen to me when it comes to the draft.

Alright smart guys - who's your next lock?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes props to the resident Dick Puncher. He got this one right on the screws.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bannings aren't up to one individual anymore. It's a process that involves the input of several.

Back in the old days, you could blame me for everything though. :LOL:

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Bannings aren't up to one individual anymore. It's a process that involves the input of several.

Technically, one could argue the banning IS up to one individual... the ban-ee... ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Yep. It's a long process that you wouldn't want to witness - kind of like watching sausage and laws made.

bluecoconuts

Legend
After confirming that I have no posts in this thread.....

I was totally on board with Donald from the start, and wanted him even before anyone else, I knew he would be amazing. Prove me wrong.:whistle:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Couldn't let go of Watkins?

Got too narky as a result?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Couldn't let go of Watkins?

Got too narky as a result?

There were others who couldn't let go of the fight either and kept baiting about it. And that's unfortunately not entirely gone even though RFIP is.

I put that out just to be fair about it, and I'm going to leave that at that. Not going to say anything further on it.