Can We Find A Place For Aaron Donald On This Defense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
One word. Explosive.

This kid is going to be a fucking monster in a 3-4 defense somewhere.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
In what round do you see him being drafted?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't know if we want a tackle that small in our run first division and I really don't think he'd be an upgrade over Langford with regard to the overall performance of the defensive line.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
With all the tall DT's we have 6-7 Conrath, 6-6 Langford, 6-5 Brockers & 6-7 Brodine I suggest we replace Cudjo with the selection of the clone of the 6-1 280 pound D'Marco Farr !

If this DT is still on the board when we come up to select in the third round with the #74 pick!
Gone to the Rams its a steal!

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
He will easily be a top 15 pick imo when it's all said and done.
If that's the case I would have to pass. We have much more critical needs than DT in round 1, IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If that's the case I hope Hageman falls to round 2, pick 13 as a result.
We pick 10th in the 2nd. We tied with 4 other teams so we get the first pick among them in round 2. Of course until Les trades it.:heh:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If that's the case I would have to pass. We have much more critical needs than DT in round 1, IMO.

13 is an extremely tricky spot in the draft. I think the Rams can afford to go BPA when they get there with our roster btw. I'm not taking Dix or a FS that high. Robinson and Matthews are the only 2 linemen I'm taking in the top 15 so idk. Maybe if there's a corner or a WR that slips, but is that a must have if you have Donald (or any player) rated higher?

Alan

Legend
RamsOfCastamere coming through in the end:
Saying stuff.
My eyes work much better with stationary objects. I like your sig picture even better than the bouncing one. I take back all the horrible stuff I said about you. :D

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
13 is an extremely tricky spot in the draft. I think the Rams can afford to go BPA when they get there with our roster btw. I'm not taking Dix or a FS that high. Robinson and Matthews are the only 2 linemen I'm taking in the top 15 so idk. Maybe if there's a corner or a WR that slips, but is that a must have if you have Donald (or any player) rated higher?
Point taken. I would also say what we do at 13 is largely affected by what happens at 2 as well. If we were to take Clowney, for instance, no way we go back to the DL at 13. It's going to be an interesting draft. I hate that is has been pushed back to May.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

We could trade the pick and move back to 18 and select Tye Hill!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am not buying on Aaron Donald. He played lousy competition and he is small for the position. He would be a great late round pick for the DT rotation on passing downs though. First round though? Absolutely not.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am not buying on Aaron Donald. He played lousy competition and he is small for the position. He would be a great late round pick for the DT rotation on passing downs though. First round though? Absolutely not.

I am pretty positive that Donald will not last too long. Most of the good (D or O)Linemen come off the boards much faster today than these fancy playtoys. Most of the smarter drafting teams would not let him stay on the boards too late on the second day of the draft.

But I agree with you he would not be one of my first three Ram selections @ #2, #13 or #44 either.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I am pretty positive that Donald will not last too long. Most of the good (D or O)Linemen come off the boards much faster today than these fancy playtoys. Most of the smarter drafting teams would not let him stay on the boards too late on the second day of the draft.

But I agree with you he would not be one of my first three Ram selections @ #2, #13 or #44 either.

He wont be on the Rams regardless. He's too small. He will go to a 3-4 defense in the end of the 1st and be a fucking wrecking ball.

I'm not saying we should pick him 13 either. Just that I would love to have him on this defense.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

National Champs

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: