Can the Rams win a Super Bowl with their current coaching staff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Can the Rams win a Super Bowl with their current coaching staff?

• Total voters

CoachO

Hall of Fame
All I can say is, I thought they would be better than they were. Even with losing Bradford. On the surface they appear to be more talented. But it isn't showing in the win column.

Are they ready to take the next step? I honestly don't know. Its possible. Then again its also possible we'll be talking the same old story about a young team making mistakes and injuries preventing them from winning.

A few weeks ago I thought we we almost there. But ascending teams don't lose consecutive winnable home games. The way they finished was not the look of an ascending team. Were the wins against a couple lower echelon teams just fool's gold?

I don't have the confidence I had before the Cardinals game. We got teased with a few impressive wins. But is that all we get? I won't be going through this offseason thinking next season is our year. Been there done that too many times. This time I'm taking a wait and see approach.
It sounds to me that the issue here is YOUR expectations, and whether or not they are realistic. When I watched training camp back in August, it was very apparent to me that this was the best team the Rams have put on the field in almost a decade. But that was almost exclusively tied to Bradford being healthy and back on the field. If you look at this teams performance even in the preseason games when Bradford was on the field, there was just something different about the way they were attacking the game on offense.

For me, the instant they announced Bradford was lost for the season, my expectation level did a complete 180. The issues at QB have been chronicled ad nausea in here all year. But for all the progress made in areas outside of the QB and the OL, its a safe bet to say that they are improved in most. There are no longer question marks in my mind at RB, WR, TE, DL. The depth in the secondary is much better on Jan 1st 2015, than it was in 2014. Some would say that they need a legitimate OLB to finish off the base defense, IMO, that 3rd LB just isn't on the field enough to consider it anything but a part time position.

As to your point of getting "teased" against lower echelon teams. It would seem that is more on you than the Rams. If you read more into back to back shutouts against the Raiders and Redskins as anything other than a team being able to dominate two of the worst offenses in the NFL, than I think just maybe you may have set yourself up for the disappointment that you seem to now be experiencing. I look at games such as the Dallas game, and BOTH games vs. San Francisco. While the final result may seem to prove YOUR point, for me, it shows this team is capable of competing with, and BEATING some of the best teams in the NFL. You hear all the time, teams have to "learn how to win". This isn't just a cliche' IMO. Especially YOUNG teams, with no recent success to draw from. When the veteran leadership guys, such as Laurinaitis, C. Long, and even Bradford, have never experienced it at the NFL level, how can they be expected to "teach" the young crop of draft picks and UDFA "how to win"? That's also one of the reasons, that Demoff has mentioned the desire to go into 2015 with more veteran presence. It would not surprise me to see them look to add some veteran "depth" guys similar to Wm. Hayes in various positions.

With that being said, you get games when they show they can beat the likes of Denver, Seattle, San Francisco. They put themselves in a position to win BOTH games against Arizona, Dallas, and a good San Diego team. To the point of the OP, as the younger players enter their 2nd, 3rd, and in some cases 4th year, there is no reason to feel that they won't be in a position to take the next step and see it translate into the number of wins you seem to think they need to garner. Assuming, once again, they don't suffer the devastating injuries to players they can't afford to lose.