Can the Rams win a Super Bowl with their current coaching staff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Can the Rams win a Super Bowl with their current coaching staff?

• Total voters

PolarBear

Rookie
Say which coaches or gms you think the Rams should replace if you vote "no".

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They can. Fisher and Williams almost won one with Steckel as the OC.
Too bad they had to go up against Destiny.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Nice bit of subliminal messaging there putting the NO in CAPS ;-)
Right?
Tis the season of fans wanting to clean house and blow stuff up so they can be positive for awhile and then want to do it all over again. It's a very SAFE place to be isn't it?
giphy.gif

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If a coach doesn't bring instant success, he must be a loser. If we just keep pressing the reset button over and over again, we'll eventually get a winner without having to waste more than a year on a loser!
blog_thumbnail_3185261.png

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If Jim Caldwell can bring a team to a Super Bowl then any coach can win a Super Bowl......so short answer is yes this staff can win one.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Not with the current OC unless the Rams defense can hold teams to 3 points or less per game. All the other coaches, Yes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Absolutely.

I have my concerns, but trust Fisher, Snead, and Demoff to keep advancing the cause.

We're on the brink.

Big Willie

Starter
Yes. This is primarily a players league. Excellent play trumps average coaching. ( I am not saying our staff is average.)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Adam Gase, OC for Denver would be my choice.

I'd be fine with retaining the defensive staff if they would stay... probably not due to ties with Fisher, but still...

SierraRam

Recreational User
Gase is a hot commodity right now. I hear the Bears really like him and he has the niners attention too. I figured Manning made the guy, but Peyton is the one who is really behind him saying, "he'll make a great coach."

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Not with the current OC unless the Rams defense can hold teams to 3 points or less per game. All the other coaches, Yes.

That's a little bit of embellesment there. We were around 20th in the league on offense without our starting QB, WR, and LT. Schotty is fine.

Yes, if you have an average coach and play enough seasons I believe you can eventually get to and win a Super Bowl, not every year is going to be 8-8, you'd expect some really poor years and some really good years. 1 Super Bowl loss in 20 years is pretty much Jeff Fisher in a nutshell.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I honestly don't know if this regime can win a superbowl. We've gotten progressively worse each year but they tell us they're better. Who do I believe? My eyes or them?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Adam Gase, OC for Denver would be my choice.

I'd be fine with retaining the defensive staff if they would stay... probably not due to ties with Fisher, but still...
Great point.

IF Fisher were to go, count on basically a complete overhaul in coaches in all three phases of the team.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I honestly don't know if this regime can win a superbowl. We've gotten progressively worse each year but they tell us they're better. Who do I believe? My eyes or them?
Just curious.... what is it that makes you say they have "gotten progressively worse each year"? Their W/L record? Because before Fisher took over this franchise had ZERO chance of competing with the likes of the Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks of the world, much less beat them BOTH.

This team is no longer the laughing stock of the NFL, regardless of the record. The talent level is now of NFL caliber, unlike the roster of 2010-2011. The biggest issue, IMO, is the fact that for 3 consecutive years, they have been the youngest roster in the NFL. More talented now than before, but still prone to inconsistent play week to week. It also means, that while the front line players are vastly improved, being so young in crucial depth positions has lead to even more frustration and inconsistency. So losing your starting QB, LT, LDE, both CBs at one point or another, most productive WR the first 5 weeks of the season, makes it even tougher to overcome.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I voted yes. It would be nice, and this might sound a little strange, if FISHER came back to camp in shape. Set the example. Sometimes I worry about him being just a little too cozy about everything. It seems at times that he knows his job is perfectly safe and I wonder if it hinders our progress...

iced

I have seen nothing from the offense in the past 3 years that makes me think they can win a playoff game, let alone get to the big dance

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If Jim Caldwell can bring a team to a Super Bowl then any coach can win a Super Bowl......so short answer is yes this staff can win one.

Exactly. Caldwell is no world beater. I actually think he is one of the worst coaches in the league....(And he was a JoePa disciple and I am a PSU grad)