Can Gerald Everett take the next step like Higbee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gerald Everett is a McVay guy and Tyler Higbee is a Fisher guy. My money is on Everett making that next step. McVay and Snead saw enough in Everett to covenant him and he’ll get every chase to prove he was the right choice for this offense. Like many have said, the TE position takes a little longer to develop at this level and I believe in McVay to make this happen.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You and McVay both. :p

Me an every Rams fan in the universe!

As I've said previously on this board, Holohan was proof that predictability wasn't always a bad thing, because there were dozens of times during his tenure that you could call beforehand a pass to Pete on 3rd down, and sure enough, that's what would happen and next thing you know the chains are moving!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He's definitely shown flashes so far in the season. That catch to get us in FG range towards the end of the first half and the 2 pt conversion was nice to see. Hoping our 12 personnel package will be as effective as our 13 package going into the postseason

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Everett finally starting to make a dent in games. Higbee was ok, but that drop in the end zone had me burning up. That throw couldn’t have been any better and he drops another contested ball. Was a stark contrast to Saints catching everything with defenders draped all over them. I don’t trust Higbee to catch a ball with anyone near him. Hoping Everett starts ramping up in the passing game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Higs is still Higs. He's not going to develop plus hands but he has come along really nicely in the blocking game and can still surprise a defense here and there. That pass he dropped... I wanted to crush the damn tv but sadly it's not a surprise we've been discussing his inability to make contested catches since they drafted him.

Everett is definitely starting to come on here of late. Having him establishing himself as a guy you want on the field as we head to the playoffs would be really nice, so hope it continues. Everett is the guy we can hope gives us a boost in the playoffs, and with our defense we can use it. :p

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
We need to continue to keep slowly adding snaps for Everett and develop him. Maybe come playoff time we can count on him a tad more and be able to use 21 personnel w/ confidence for short stretches of the game to stress the defenses out. But it does feel like Everett is starting to come along the last few games. So lets not over load him. Lets add his snap count so come playoff time he will feel comfortable being on the field more.
Not sure I'm saying this right. But it sure would be nice come playoff time McVay feels the need to unleash his 21 personnel sets. Run and pass out of this formation!!! :mrburnsevil: