Camp Report 8/12/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Which WRs came to play today?

The RBs showing any more improvement in run blocking?

tahoe

Pro Bowler
He looked comfortable. I have been expecting this actually. He has experience doing it. And actually if you pay any attention to these things (which I obviously do), in the pregame warmups, he was snapping to Hill, while Rhaney snapped to Davis. Wells was with Bradford, and Barnes with Gilbert.
Very cool, person played well in the first game. Center has been a weak pointbon the line for a while, maybe person will end up being the heir to wells?

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Even though I'm not at training camp, I feel weird when I know James Laurinaitis isn't practicing :-/

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very cool, person played well in the first game. Center has been a weak pointbon the line for a while, maybe person will end up being the heir to wells?

Dont sell Barnes short. he is much improved, both physically stronger, and much more comfortable.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Isn't Person a little on the Small side to play OLT? Do you think he is a better fit at Center? Could he be better than Barnes in time?

Maybe getting Person some time at Center is in reaction to Barrett Jones being injured and not looking that good in camp overall?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Which WRs came to play today?

The RBs showing any more improvement in run blocking?

RBs in run blocking? if you meant to say, pass blocking, the one who shows the most improvement, is Cunningham. I really didn't watch much of that drill, as the 7 on 7 stuff was going on at the other end of the field.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Isn't Person a little on the Small side to play OLT? Do you think he is a better fit at Center? Could he be better than Barnes in time?

Maybe getting Person some time at Center is in reaction to Barrett Jones being injured and not looking that good in camp overall?
Person has looked pretty good at Tackle actually, and is the most likely candidate to be on the 53 man roster at this point. After Barnes and Joseph, I would expect Person to be that next guy.

Barnes is a non issue right now, and Rhaney doesn't look ready.

I know it is a natural reaction when this sort of stuff is posted. But I hesitate to read much more into it, other than adding some depth. I think all too often, people jump to conclusions, and read way more into these kind of moves, when there are so many variables that have to all happen for it ever come to fruition.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Thanks for the report.

I love hearing about Robinson.

Gaines playing in the nickel today is intriguing.