C Patterson.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hell yeh... no questions... He would give us a scary good return game and an Offence to be fearful of...

Anyone who says no - think back to September the 7th, the guy's ability tore it up against us... so you could have a set up of Austin, Britt, Mason, Cook and Patterson lining up against a defence.... Who do they mark??

Alan

Legend
Let's keep in mind that he's just being benched and not cut. There's no chance we'd get him for a low round pick. :LOL:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Considering the fact I was torn between him and Tavon in the Draft, I say YES. He's a hell of a return man, watching him run reminds me, a little of, Eric Dickerson, up-right, smooth, and FAST!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Nah, if there was no cap, then yes but his cost vs. his production wouldn't fit.
Now if you asked me could we trade TA for him with no cap hit ,I'd entertain the idea,as much as I loved the first block Tavon got on the Mason TD run when you look at the second and how far he got knocked off ,it's clear to me that TA just isn't big enough to break tackles in the NFL,I was ecstatic when we drafted him , but Shotty can't break tackles for him and the the league is too fast for him to ever replicate his college dominance,gives me no pleasure to say that,none at all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Norv Turner cant develop him, so we'll see if Shotty can? Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather he focus on developing Quick, Tavon, Bailey etc
And another draft where some talented WR will be available in rounds 2 on

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't know enough about what is going on in Minnie to make an educated guess. Apparently he missed a lot of time last week attending a funeral.

What would we be giving up? A roster spot for a guy returning kicks? Is he even doing that still? Benny has been pretty dang good on KO and I don't see pissing TA off by taking away his punt returns. (even though he has a ton of room to improve)

I really don't think he is available, are they giving him away? Can we stash him until next year and see what he can do? Meh

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
They're not going to deal him for peanuts. But I would certainly take him on our team.

ausmurp

Starter
He would be able to learn the position and be coached by a very good WR coach and still add that element on our kick return team. He do still have a lot to learn and maybe Schotty wouldn't know how to use him either

Disagree about the 'very good WR coach' that is something the Rams do not have and have not had since Ellard left us. If our WR coach is so good why are our WR corps still so bad? They've improved slightly but not much.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
For a late rounder? Hell yea. At worst, he's a great KR and can be used for gadget plays on offense.

Something else must be up otherwise why wouldn't the Vikings be doing exactly that with him just to keep him in the mix.

Sometimes when a player has a season like this after looking really good in their rookie year I wonder if they get cocky and don't work as hard and maybe party as little too much. In this case especially because of how fantastic of an athlete he is.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Disagree about the 'very good WR coach' that is something the Rams do not have and have not had since Ellard left us. If our WR coach is so good why are our WR corps still so bad? They've improved slightly but not much.
I think our WR coach is better than our OC. I think Schotty is turning it up a notch but it's the same thing that happened last year he starts using Austin better and becomes more creative the problem is he starts too late

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know enough about what is going on in Minnie to make an educated guess. Apparently he missed a lot of time last week attending a funeral.

What would we be giving up? A roster spot for a guy returning kicks? Is he even doing that still? Benny has been pretty dang good on KO and I don't see pissing TA off by taking away his punt returns. (even though he has a ton of room to improve)

I really don't think he is available, are they giving him away? Can we stash him until next year and see what he can do? Meh
While Benny has been good you can't deny Patterson is better at kick offs and if we can keep a roster spot for Chase Reynolds we have a spot for C Patterson

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
While Benny has been good you can't deny Patterson is better at kick offs and if we can keep a roster spot for Chase Reynolds we have a spot for C Patterson
OK we might as well trade for Aaron Rodgers and Shady McCoy while we are at it.

It ain't happening, this is not a Madden video game we are talking about.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK we might as well trade for Aaron Rodgers and Shady McCoy while we are at it.

It ain't happening, this is not a Madden video game we are talking about.
Who said anything about a video. 8th just speculation. He has been benched for another player if r g3 could be on the trade block why not him

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Who said anything about a video. 8th just speculation. He has been benched for another player if r g3 could be on the trade block why not him
There was a lot more to tit than just being benched for another player. He was out of town last week for a funeral and missed a bunch of practice. The report said he would not start but that he would be seeing plenty of PT

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lle-patterson-not-in-the-doghouse-vikings-say

Cordarrelle Patterson not in the doghouse, Vikings say

• 0ap1000000222748.jpg

• Benched in favor of Charles Johnson, 2013 first-round draft pick Cordarelle Patterson's long-awaited breakout season is on hiatus.

Although Patterson is no longer part of the Minnesota Vikings' offense, wide receivers coach George Stewart insists the former Tennessee star still has a bright future with the club.

"The misconception that he's in somebody's doghouse, that's totally false," Stewart said this week, via The Star Tribune. "... I wouldn't put the term 'bust' on Cordarrelle. He's going to play good football for us. He's a first-round pick for a reason, and he's going to be very successful for us going forward."

Patterson's development has stalled because he's a niche offensive weapon rather than a pure wide receiver. At this point in his career, his route tree is limited to flies, screens, slants and in-turning crossers. If it doesn't happen within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, Patterson doesn't get the ball.

This is no surprise. Patterson was one of the most physically gifted wide receivers in the 2013 NFL Draft but slipped to the end of the first round because he was viewed as a project.

Former Vikings receiver Percy Harvin told a New York reporter this week that he "loves" Patterson's skill set.

"It's not an easy transition, not having played receiver at all and then you come and you're one of the full-time guys outside," Harvin said. "So I think it's just repetition. As he gets older, I think it'll start coming to him."

It's too late for Patterson to help the Vikings this season, but it's good to see the coaching staff still believes in his limitless potential.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Sure a late round flyer on him.
Like last year those late round picks won't make the team anyway.
Let him return kicks and I'd hand him the ball because he runs like Dickerson.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was a lot more to tit than just being benched for another player. He was out of town last week for a funeral and missed a bunch of practice. The report said he would not start but that he would be seeing plenty of PT
All I was suggesting was that would the Vikings take a late round pick for him like a fifth rounder, he don't have any trade value really, you made it seem like I was suggesting some type of Madden trade when this trade suggestion is a real possibility