C Patterson.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You rather keep the fifth and 7th round picks then get C Patterson

I'd rather give Snead some ammo to do what he does so good. Removing or taking away or hampering his ability to have another good draft is not a good ideal IMO. Snead's previous three drafts have got us here where we are today lets not slow him down.

Rams are in excellent condition in the pass catching unit with Quick, Austin, Bailey, Givens, Cook & Britt is the best the Rams have had since 1999. TA is a very special punt returner & Benny Cunningham is also an outstanding KR. Do you want Patterson taking balls away from Bailey or Austin or Quick or Cook or Britt?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Any idea what he did to get in the dog house? He went to the Probowl last year - no?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'd give up a 5th or later for him in a heartbeat. Didn't want to draft him in the 1st last year, but for a later-round pick, that's an immense amount of raw talent.

Put him back at KR as others have said, have him and TA on the field together as interchangeable-but-different-sized scary monsters...

Imagine this. Bradford's under center. TA and CP are split out wide. Cook is in the slot. Mason in the backfield, with Harkey lined up as the fullback. What the fuck do you do as a defense? All the possible moves are... well, there's a lot of them.

- Motion TA OR CP into the backfield to run the ball like a RB
- Motion Cook out wide and TA into the backfield for a Jared Cook streak with TA as a swing pass option and CP drawing the safety to the other side of the field
- An actual reverse (not an end around, but TA and CP both coming across, handing the ball to one, he hands to the other)
- Harkey motions out to tight end and runs a short route
- Harkey to TE and Mason motions out to the slot for a fairly terrifying 4-WR 1-TE look

Then take Harkey out, make it a single-back formation, and bring in any one of Bailey, Quick or Britt on the outside and move Patterson into the slot opposite Cook.

Then take Mason out and run a 5-"WR" formation with Patterson, Cook, Bailey, Austin and Quick/Britt across the board.

Fuck me that's a lot of weapons. Dangerous ones at that.

Alan

Legend
Yeah, what gives?
This might help explain it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...arrelle-patterson-benched-for-charles-johnson

Cordarrelle Patterson's swoon into the abyss rages on in Minnesota.
Cordarrelle Patterson benched for Charles Johnson
After the Vikings' second-year receiver played just three of 50 snaps in Sunday's win over the Panthers, Patterson has been benched.

Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner told reporters Thursday that from-the-wilderness pass-catcher Charles Johnsonhas taken over Minnesota's "X" receiver position.

"C.J. is playing at a high level," Turner said, per ESPN.com's Ben Goessling. "C.J. is the starter at X. That's the position Cordarrelle plays. We're going to do what we can to give him some opportunities to play there, but C.J.'s playing at a real high level right now."

Johnson leads the Vikings with 22 targets over the past three games, hauling in 11 passes for 180 yards and a touchdown.

It marks the first significant action for Johnson after the former Packers draft pick and physical freak spent last season stashed away on the reserve/non-football injury list with the Browns. The Vikingssnatched him off Cleveland's practice squad in September and eased him into action. It wasn't a shocking pickup after Turner spent last season calling plays for the Browns with Johnson in the building.

Beyond missing practice last week for a family matter, Patterson has only himself to blame for the demotion. Our top "Making the Leap" candidate has struggled with the playbook and route-running while averaging just 2.5 catches and 29.2 yards per outing this season.

"I hope I get more playing time than I did last week -- only three reps," Patterson said. "That's not always good. We'll see how this week goes."

Running out of chances to make good on his promising athleticism this season, Patterson feels like a lost cause in 2014.

Alan

Legend
Not any worse than Givens with a hell of a lot more upside. But I wouldn't give more than our 5th I don't think. Tough to say because he could be just like Quick who suffers from some of the same issues. That seems to have worked out.

cracengl

Rookie
I hope he's learned to catch with his hands better than he did coming out of college.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Would you send a late round pick to the Vikings for him. They just benched him and he might not be in their plans any longer

All day long. Of course, I remember how good Brian Quick looked in his third NFL season. Patterson was just as if not more raw than Quick coming out of college.

Memphis Ram

Legend
On another board there was a poster, a know-it-all type who was usually wrong excoriated Rams for taking Austin and not Patterson. I was torn, I liked both, and both have done some great things, but for someone to put his own shaky reputation on the line for a guy like Patterson, who had a lot to learn . . .is kind of amusing. It's like the RG3 people who no longer post how great he is and how stupid Snisher were for passing on RG3 .

I think Patterson could recover . . .he's got lots of speed and size, but he needs to learn to be a WR, not just a guy who can return kicks and run end-arounds.

Yeah, but was Austin starting when Quick was healthy?
And couldn't one even make an argument that he's outplayed Austin so far?

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd rather give Snead some ammo to do what he does so good. Removing or taking away or hampering his ability to have another good draft is not a good ideal IMO. Snead's previous three drafts have got us here where we are today lets not slow him down.

Rams are in excellent condition in the pass catching unit with Quick, Austin, Bailey, Givens, Cook & Britt is the best the Rams have had since 1999. TA is a very special punt returner & Benny Cunningham is also an outstanding KR. Do you want Patterson taking balls away from Bailey or Austin or Quick or Cook or Britt?
It's not about taking away balls from the other receivers it's about upgrading 8 we have a place for Chase Reynolds on this team we can find a place for C Patterson.

V3

Hall of Fame
Who said they'd take a late round pick? They're going to want more than that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It's not about taking away balls from the other receivers it's about upgrading 8 we have a place for Chase Reynolds on this team we can find a place for C Patterson.

I Understand.

Right now we are playing with out WR Quick who went on IR a month or so ago & the WR who filled his spot on the roster saw one pass & has been released now for over a week. Rams are far from suffering @ WR. Looks to me that another WR is very low on any priority or need where we give up priceless few 2015 draft picks. I need to keep in mind ALWAYS that the Rams have our outstanding Kicker, two TE's, two QB's & five OL'ers, to name a few, going into free agency in a few months. I'll still want to keep the late day picks.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Hail yes! Why not? Going to the Rams is like going to rehabilitation for players and they come out better than ever.

Then again, I love our WR's. BUT, we have nobody that can stretch the field like him. I was there week 1 and Patterson beat us, not Peterson. IDK who we bench, though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hail yes! Why not? Going to the Rams is like going to rehabilitation for players and they come out better than ever.

Ever think you'd say THAT? It always seems like our players go somewhere else to play better. Aside from the GSOT guys for the most part.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ever think you'd say THAT? It always seems like our players go somewhere else to play better. Aside from the GSOT guys for the most part.

No actually lol. For the past decade good players come here and their career tanks, many examples. It must be effect of Fishers magic stache'. It did just win an award, though. His Twitter comment was hilarious.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For a late rounder? Hell yea. At worst, he's a great KR and can be used for gadget plays on offense.