C Patterson.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would you send a late round pick to the Vikings for him. They just benched him and he might not be in their plans any longer

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
On another board there was a poster, a know-it-all type who was usually wrong excoriated Rams for taking Austin and not Patterson. I was torn, I liked both, and both have done some great things, but for someone to put his own shaky reputation on the line for a guy like Patterson, who had a lot to learn . . .is kind of amusing. It's like the RG3 people who no longer post how great he is and how stupid Snisher were for passing on RG3 .

I think Patterson could recover . . .he's got lots of speed and size, but he needs to learn to be a WR, not just a guy who can return kicks and run end-arounds.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He would be able to learn the position and be coached by a very good WR coach and still add that element on our kick return team. He do still have a lot to learn and maybe Schotty wouldn't know how to use him either

A55VA6

Legend
Yes, I would. Having Tavon and Cordarrelle on the same offense could be dangerous. That would likely put an end to Givens though.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Patterson + Britt (in his ear)= All Pro....All he needs is time like Quick...

Rams0307

No thanks. There were questions about his intelligence and whether he'd be able to pick up an NFL playbook when he was coming out. Seems that's proving to be the case.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
No thanks. He's not excelling with a guy who is thought of as a great OC, and he has an attitude problem. Schotty is just now (Hopefully) getting an idea of how to effectively use Austin, CP would be in the same boat but he would gripe about it. Besides I think if we resign Britt, and if Quick and Stedman continue on their paths with Austin as the "x-factor" I don't think we need another WR.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't know enough about the guy to make a judgement. He's got outstanding physical tools.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it's strange how he was making alot of plays at the end of last season but can't even step foot on the field right now.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Torn on this one. On one hand you'd get a guy with gobs of God given physical tools, shoot just for returns alone he might be worth a late rounder. Can't have too many guys with speed and moves..
On the other hand, I think we have enough talent at WR right now and it seems like there isn't enough passes to go around as it is. When Quick comes back next year I think he will garner a ton of targets, which will make it tough to see the ball for some of these guys. Would the development of guys like Bailey and Austin suffer from another stud on the roster?
I'm inclined to stick with what we have, I guess, because I want the Rams we already have to end up killing it...

Athos

Legend
Late round?

For damn sure.

For all his other faults, he's still an incredible kick return man. And field position matters.

At the very least, you could tighten the sphincters of DC's by putting Tavon and Patterson on the field at the same side to either side of the QB. Who do you go after?

It's not like you're losing anything with a late rounder.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
No thanks. There were questions about his intelligence and whether he'd be able to pick up an NFL playbook when he was coming out. Seems that's proving to be the case.
Have you seen tavons wonderlik

WoodsideRam

Rookie
On another board there was a poster, a know-it-all type who was usually wrong excoriated Rams for taking Austin and not Patterson. I was torn, I liked both, and both have done some great things, but for someone to put his own shaky reputation on the line for a guy like Patterson, who had a lot to learn . . .is kind of amusing. It's like the RG3 people who no longer post how great he is and how stupid Snisher were for passing on RG3 .

I think Patterson could recover . . .he's got lots of speed and size, but he needs to learn to be a WR, not just a guy who can return kicks and run end-arounds.

Ha! I think I know who you're talking about. I read a few message boards. This is the only place I post semi-regularly. But it's funny how some posters will downgrade a Rams pick if it's not the guy they wanted. And some will do it in a way to make it seem like they have superior football knowledge. When the reality is it's just so hard to predict who will turn out to be a solid NFL player.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Would you send a late round pick to the Vikings for him. They just benched him and he might not be in their plans any longer

Rams only have five selections in 2015 since we got rid of our 4th & 6th picks. I would just prefer to keep those two late day picks a 5th & a 7th for any options that might come up. After going into the 2014 draft with 12 picks having only five is almost depravity.

I'll pass thank you.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams only have five selections in 2015 since we got rid of our 4th & 6th picks. I would just prefer to keep those two late day picks a 5th & a 7th for any options that might come up. After going into the 2014 draft with 12 picks having only five is almost depravity.

I'll pass thank you.
You rather keep the fifth and 7th round picks then get C Patterson

Alan

Legend
I wouldn't mind him replacing Givens. Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey & Patterson might work. But why are they benching him?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'd take him for a 7th... not a 5th and a 7th. I'd rather not be done with the draft after round 3 (barring comp picks of course).