Bryce Petty visiting w/Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If he is given a couple yrs to develop, he has all the tools.. Problem is ... we would need to either sign Foles to a new contract or ... go into next yr still needing a starter for short term
Nah you could wait and see when Marriote goes of the board and trade our second and Philly's next yr to get Perry

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jrry32 I understand your the top draft analyst on this board and nothing wrong if us RAMS fans disagree on a few things. I fully respect your opinions and love to read all your posts. Jones had a great game against Bama and can't wait to see what happens with OSU and the competition next season. I'd of loved him to come out so we could of had a shot at him with work he could be special or He could bust as a few others have that have gone his route flashing and needing more past work.

Sorry but I also am glad Cook went back for Senior year and him wearing that #18 it may be history you can't stop(Gabriel) as Cook can do just what we need and he is one tough kid. Seen him take a hit on his knee that should have snapped his leg and he just shook it off and he does wear a brace on that leg now for extra protection no injury. He throws into windows and has a great deep ball and has touch like Warner had and yes he has as many things to correct but I have to say most other popular scouting sites have him #1 and I liked him long before others discovered him.

With Cook, I just see far too many inaccurate passes and major issues with his feet and poise under pressure. The guy he makes me think of is Blaine Gabbert. From the tools standpoint, Cook is going to get a lot of love as a traditional dropback passer. But the same was true of Gabbert. Both guys will blow you away when they're throwing against air. But I see far too many issues with Cook on film to like him right now.

If he improves, my opinion can certainly change. But as it stands now, I don't see a player that I'd consider drafting in the first round.

The good margin quote is not fair to me. Hackenburg is gonna be special too. I think there will be teams after Dak Prescott also. Other ram boards back me up so I know I'm on no limb here. Its just I just started posting here and you are the resident expert. Lets see what happens this year as so much can change. Hope I can bring this post back next year as if we can't fix our O-Line we'll have a good shot at Cook next year and maybe with an extra #2 we can get MY guy. Maybe a miracle happens and a line comes together and we get everything from Foles we saw in 13 again. I just know he is weakest when he holds the ball and I like that he keeps his eyes downfield and when releasing within 2.2 second his completion % is awesome. He may get a big payday from us.

Hackenberg has gobs of talent. He's got as much arm talent as anyone that has come out recently. But he just looked bad last year. His supporting cast did nothing to help him out and he was in a system that did not cater to his skill-set. So I'm not giving up on the kid. That all said, he's gotta play better for me to rank him up with my top guys in 2016.

As far as Prescott is concerned, I just don't see the NFL QB skills in his game. He isn't a consistently accurate thrower and makes a lot of bad decisions.

I'd also lay a wager Prescott will have his suiters in the 1st round next year also. Yes he has to shorten his delivery and stop playing the Tebow game but they have had the same coach coaching him that coached Tebow into 2 National Championships. I won't disrespect you on your board but besides his Highschool career and 4 games you talk big about Jones. I even wish we had a shot at him if he came out but there IS TONS left to learn on C. Jones . He was a 3rd stringer on the team for a reason. You've never seen him behind a bad line without a great run game like I have with Cook and its a lot to learn how a QB does with garbage at his feet.

I don't care if you disagree with me, my friend. The fun of draft talk is open dialogue about prospects. You'll get a lot of interesting views. I won't ever take disagreement as disrespect and I don't expect people to defer to my opinion. It's best if people have their own. All I'll say is that I would hope you wouldn't be disrespecting anyone on any board.

Prescott may. It depends on who enters the draft. But a first round talent in my book isn't necessarily the same thing as a guy that will go in the first round.

There is tons to learn about Cardale Jones but we've already seen him on college football's biggest stage against the best competition he'll face. And he withstood the test. I certainly am looking forward to better evaluating the details of Jones's game next year. That all said, the guy has off the charts physical skills. In terms of skill-set, he has a lot in common with a young Daunte Culpepper. And that'll drive NFL teams crazy. The question for me is if he has it between the ears. Should get a better feel for it next year. But yea, I'm willing to gamble on a guy with his tools...especially considering the poise he played with in those games on the biggest stages. I didn't see any deal-breaker flaws when I watched him last year...and that's key.

I'd also like to point out that Dak Prescott has the same coach coaching him that also helped Tebow to all his success. Seems odd to hold that against Jones and not Prescott. Especially considering Urban Meyer isn't the offensive play-caller for Ohio State and wasn't the offensive play-caller for Florida during the Tebow days...that was Dan Mullen who is now the Head Coach of Mississippi State.(and Steve Addazzio during Tebow's final year in college)

Thats why I see what no one else see's in Carden out of East Carolina who I think has the mental game needed for the pro's and he has won come from behind games and on a not so great team to put it mildly. Plus Carden can be taken when we want to take him and not overdraft like we would have to to get Petty who is rising. Another plus is Weinke has been working with Carden for a while and we have NEEDS on the OL as everyone knows.Playing with EVERYTHING is easy as C. Jones has had and two more athletic guys broke records and one if not injured could have won a Heisman that beat him out on his own team . Want to see the guy without all the supporting cast as we will see with both of this years QB's.

I just see Austin Davis in Carden. He's a gamer and he's competitive but he lacks the physical tools and technical skill-set to be great in this league. I just see a backup QB. Certainly possible that I'm wrong.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd bring Cardale Jones, home to meet my parents.

Keep an eye out for Jeremy Johnson of Auburn. Another big guy with a very strong arm that showed well in the few games he's started.

As I said before, though, the guy I really look forward to seeing is Jared Goff. Really reminds me of Sam Bradford at OU. Skinny kid but he just has everything you look for in a pocket passer and has some serious arm talent.

I also really want to get some film of Carson Wentz. 6'6" 230 with mobility and a strong arm. Would love to see where the finer points of his game are at.

Next year will be fun. But still gotta focus on this year haha.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Keep an eye out for Jeremy Johnson of Auburn. Another big guy with a very strong arm that showed well in the few games he's started.

As I said before, though, the guy I really look forward to seeing is Jared Goff. Really reminds me of Sam Bradford at OU. Skinny kid but he just has everything you look for in a pocket passer and has some serious arm talent.

I also really want to get some film of Carson Wentz. 6'6" 230 with mobility and a strong arm. Would love to see where the finer points of his game are at.

Next year will be fun. But still gotta focus on this year haha.
I will, thanks!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
jeremiah-johnson.jpg

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
With the never-ending QB train wreck in Cleveland either Petty or Hundley are gonna get popped in the first by the Browns. Barring a trade up one of the top two QB's they have no other safe route to take.

IMO they should draft both in the first so maybe one will work out.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Quite a few I'm interested in seeing more of. But to keep it short and sweet, these are the guys at the top of my "watch" list:
  1. Cardale Jones QB Ohio State
  2. Jared Goff QB California
  3. Jeremy Johnson QB Auburn
  4. Gunner Kiel QB Cincinnati
  5. Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State
  6. Christian Hackenberg QB Penn State
But that's hardly an exhaustive list. Just the guys I'm most excited about seeing more of.

It's really night and day as a class when compared to this one...or appears that way right now.

I'll tell you this...it's going to be so much fun watching these guys next year. Goff reminds me a bit of a young Sam Bradford. Whereas Cardale Jones has a lot of Daunte Culpepper to his game. And the other guys on the list all have first round potential as well. Except possibly Wentz. I haven't seen enough of him yet...but the measurables are there.

jrry32 what about Cook from Michigan State. He was given a 1st rd grade already...Give him a look next season, he looks good. I was praying he was going to come out this draft.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Where is Connor Cook #18 from Michigan State my #1 pick next year and Dak Prescott from Miss State??? These are the guys with Hackenburg PSU( I have rated) much higher with much more playing time for the Pros's than C. Jones' big game win.

With our NEEDS at OL this year I think Petty is now being pushed into the end of round #2 and I pray we have him as our 3rd rounder . I love the mental toughness of the kid from East Carolina Shane Carden who had over 30 td's to 10 interceptions and right at 5000 yards his last two seasons and won on the road against Virginia Tech who beat the National Champ Ohio State last year as there only loss and he DID NOT impress at the Senior Bowl but is best on game day and I liked what he did in the game with the few reps he did get. One good qb scout I like thinks he has what we need with Weinke's help and he has been working with Weinke for a while now also in off seasons. We could get him in 5th round I think. Leaving us 1-4 to address OL and BPA.

Here Here, I too love me some C. Cook and Carden.. Huge fan of your list. Heck this is the way we need to build our team.. Groom OL this season and next year do whatever it takes to get our #1 rated QB!!!
Great list of QBs and I like your plan

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry32 what about Cook from Michigan State. He was given a 1st rd grade already...Give him a look next season, he looks good. I was praying he was going to come out this draft.

Reminds me of Gabbert. Has the look and physical talent of the ideal pocket passer but his film just looks so different. Accuracy is very inconsistent and he has major problems under pressure. While I won't say going back was the smart move, he does need the work. We'll see if he cleans up some of his flaws. As it stands now, I wouldn't take him in Round 1.