Bryce Petty visiting w/Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Well... if he's there in the fourth round then I would certainly pull the trigger, maybe third. With no trade down, Scherff and Erving.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If he is given a couple yrs to develop, he has all the tools.. Problem is ... we would need to either sign Foles to a new contract or ... go into next yr still needing a starter for short term

That's fine hopefully Foles kills it and with Petty the Rams will be set at the position for the first time since 2006.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
That's fine hopefully Foles kills it and with Petty the Rams will be set at the position for the first time since 2006.
That would be ideal. My problem is ... I'm hoping the Rams can get Scherff and then Cam Erving in the 2nd ;) Solidify the OL for yrs to come ... Petty will have to be 3rd Rd. or later ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1318521000711.gif

uYvuK.gif

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Draft him and give him a couple years to develop. Meanwhile draft a legit QB that can be a long term starter.
They cut a guy last year with the same skill set.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Just like the Johnny Manziel headlines last year, this is likely another smokescreen.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bryce is my son's name, so...
Petty probably won't ever clean his room either.

Pass.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I sure hope they're looking at Bryce Petty because there's about seven freaking quarterbacks in this entire draft. We will be giving them all a good look. Curious @jrry32 you have mentioned waiting for next years class at qb. What specific qb(s) were you thinking about?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
We are in the perfect situation to develope a QB behind Foles this year, the only thing is, I pass on Petty and grab Hundley. Which reminds me we should have just taken Bridgewater last draft.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I sure hope they're looking at Bryce Petty because there's about seven freaking quarterbacks in this entire draft. We will be giving them all a good look. Curious @jrry32 you have mentioned waiting for next years class at qb. What specific qb(s) were you thinking about?

Quite a few I'm interested in seeing more of. But to keep it short and sweet, these are the guys at the top of my "watch" list:
  1. Cardale Jones QB Ohio State
  2. Jared Goff QB California
  3. Jeremy Johnson QB Auburn
  4. Gunner Kiel QB Cincinnati
  5. Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State
  6. Christian Hackenberg QB Penn State
But that's hardly an exhaustive list. Just the guys I'm most excited about seeing more of.

It's really night and day as a class when compared to this one...or appears that way right now.

I'll tell you this...it's going to be so much fun watching these guys next year. Goff reminds me a bit of a young Sam Bradford. Whereas Cardale Jones has a lot of Daunte Culpepper to his game. And the other guys on the list all have first round potential as well. Except possibly Wentz. I haven't seen enough of him yet...but the measurables are there.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I love the news, glad to see it. Dude has it all and unlike Mariota won't cost us a top 10 let alone first round pick. Draft the kid, Snead, and with a full year Wienke might have him ready to backup in 2016.

The next years draft QBs can be fool's gold, just get a talented kid in here on the roster to learn.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Quite a few I'm interested in seeing more of. But to keep it short and sweet, these are the guys at the top of my "watch" list:
  1. Cardale Jones QB Ohio State
  2. Jared Goff QB California
  3. Jeremy Johnson QB Auburn
  4. Gunner Kiel QB Cincinnati
  5. Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State
  6. Christian Hackenberg QB Penn State
But that's hardly an exhaustive list. Just the guys I'm most excited about seeing more of.

It's really night and day as a class when compared to this one...or appears that way right now.

I'll tell you this...it's going to be so much fun watching these guys next year. Goff reminds me a bit of a young Sam Bradford. Whereas Cardale Jones has a lot of Daunte Culpepper to his game. And the other guys on the list all have first round potential as well. Except possibly Wentz. I haven't seen enough of him yet...but the measurables are there.

Isn't Jeremy Johnson a first time starter?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't Jeremy Johnson a first time starter?

Yep. Although, he does have 3 games of starting experience. But yes, this will be his first year as a full time starter. That all said, he's looked good whenever he's played, is 6'5" 230 with good mobility, and has a big time arm.

He could fall flat on his face...that's definitely a possibility. But in terms of pure physical tool-set, he has first round talent.