Browns name Austin Davis as starter, not Johnny Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
If LeDarius Webb catches that late INT that went straight thru his hands .... I betcha it would be JFF time.

Still - this is good for the Rams - cut Johnny loose, Browns - even if the Rams don't grab him (and they should) - its one more QB on the market.

Just say no to Johnny.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Davis had an arm I like to believe he's still be here and be our starting QB. Not enough arm talent tho.

Hope he does well.
Yeah it's a shame though because I like his arm talent better than Foles and Keenum his arm is stronger than both of them from 5-20 yards out even his deep passes are better than Foles, the guy never really had a chance here I think Fisher would take Austin in a heart beat now

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Browns are maroons. From the ownership on down. They are one of very few teams that make me feel very good about my Rams.

I'd love to see Manziel cut and signed by the Rams. Fish could handle the guy because he'd treat him like an adult. He wouldn't get all stupid about what the dude does on his bye week or his own time, as long as he knows the playbook and toes the line on curfews and meetings. JM has a good arm, has the balls to keep his eyes downfield even when there's a rush, and at some point he's gonna adjust to this league it just won't be with the Browns.

:palm:

fearsomefour

Legend
I've got so much respect for Austin Davis. He's forged a very lucrative career for himself through sheer determination and hard work.

When he was starting for us, he always carried himself with dignity. He owned his mistakes as well as those of the whole offence. Really good leader and he always looks like he's enjoying himself.
I second this.
A walk on in college and the pros. Dude knows nothing but proving people wrong. Even if he is not a long term starter he will enjoy a long career. He has earned it.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well cutting Foles saves $1.75 M under the cap....thats just the cap....so its nearly a trade off.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best of luck to Davis (unless he ever pays the Rams)... seemed like a real nice kid.

Hopefully, his TE won't cheap shot him :ROFLMAO:

I don't know if he has the tools to make it as a F/T starter... he had some very good moments... and some very bad moments... wait!! I think I just described Nick Foles :eek:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Just say no to Johnny.

As soon as we have our QB situation handled, I'll be ready to turn the page.

Until then, bye low options like JM, RGIII, and even Kaep are gonna be intriguing to me.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love to see Manziel cut and signed by the Rams. Fish could handle the guy because he'd treat him like an adult.

If the Rams signed Manziel, I'm pretty sure I'd stop watching games until he fails (and he would).

I predicted failure when he got drafted and I was right.

I'm on record: NO coach will ever be able to reign that nut in. NO coach.

Best case scenario? Jerry Jones gets his wish and acquires him. :ROFLMAO: (I hear they had to lock Jerry in a closet during the draft to keep him from picking Manziel).

Stel

Starter
As soon as we have our QB situation handled, I'll be ready to turn the page.

Until then, bye low options like JM, RGIII, and even Kaep are gonna be intriguing to me.

RGIII? Maybe.
Kaep? Maybe.
Manziel? No way. Would force me to root against a player on my own team and I wouldn't like that.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Manziel could turn our offense in to the Panthers honestly. The dude has talent. Plus with Tavon it gives us a wrinkle Carolina doesn't have. We have to do something. Anything. Foles and Keenum won't cut it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
RGIII? Maybe.
Kaep? Maybe.
Manziel? No way. Would force me to root against a player on my own team and I wouldn't like that.

You would find a way to get over it if he was productive for us. And if he stunk, you and almost everyone else on this forum would have a big, fat, toldyaso locked and loaded for me.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
RGIII? Maybe.
Kaep? Maybe.

How about a big fat no to all three of those egomaniacs?