Browns name Austin Davis as starter, not Johnny Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well good for him. Davis tried here. He really did. I wonder what he'd look like on a really good offense with a great signal caller. Martz could probably turn him into a 4500 yard passer with 40 TDs with the right personnel. Because we all know interceptions aren't really a big deal as long as you're scoring twice for every one you throw.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Well good for him. Davis tried here. He really did. I wonder what he'd look like on a really good offense with a great signal caller. Martz could probably turn him into a 4500 yard passer with 40 TDs with the right personnel. Because we all know interceptions aren't really a big deal as long as you're scoring twice for every one you throw.
True, if he's offered an offense where he can just sling it then he might find himself a modicum of success. I mean, lets not forget Brett Favre annihilated the record for most interceptions thrown... But he did that on the way to shattering the most TDs throw record even more, so nobody cared.

He just wasn't a fit for our offense, this offense values game managers over gunslingers, his decision making pretty much spelled the end for his time here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
True, if he's offered an offense where he can just sling it then he might find himself a modicum of success. I mean, lets not forget Brett Favre annihilated the record for most interceptions thrown... But he did that on the way to shattering the most TDs throw record even more, so nobody cared.

He just wasn't a fit for our offense, this offense values game managers over gunslingers, his decision making pretty much spelled the end for his time here.
Ah, nice. Flashback to the 2001 playoffs and the game against us where Favruh threw 6 interceptions.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Honestly; I think Davis has some real tools.

However; the biggest issue he has, can't be solved by scheme or personnel - arm strength.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Honestly; I think Davis has some real tools.

However; the biggest issue he has, can't be solved by scheme or personnel - arm strength.
If he keeps having WRs running open over the middle, he has plenty of arm strength. I gotta say though. that sideline pass was not a weak pass. I'm not saying AD has a rocket arm by any stretch but if he has a little time and somewhere to throw, he can make a lot of throws. And I think we know they could do worse.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

giphy.gif

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Austin Davis didn't look as bad as Foles he at least could hit the open receiver

FRO

Legend
If LeDarius Webb catches that late INT that went straight thru his hands .... I betcha it would be JFF time.

Still - this is good for the Rams - cut Johnny loose, Browns - even if the Rams don't grab him (and they should) - its one more QB on the market.
No the Rams shouldn't grab him. There is a reason he isn't starting in Cleveland and that is because he is an off field mess that lied to his coaches. That isn't leadership. You see the work Carson Palmer puts into one game. Johnny won't be the guy putting in that work. Do not want him as my QB. No way, no how.

Athos

Legend
If Davis had an arm I like to believe he's still be here and be our starting QB. Not enough arm talent tho.

Hope he does well.

MountainRam

Rookie
Browns are maroons. From the ownership on down. They are one of very few teams that make me feel very good about my Rams.

I'd love to see Manziel cut and signed by the Rams. Fish could handle the guy because he'd treat him like an adult. He wouldn't get all stupid about what the dude does on his bye week or his own time, as long as he knows the playbook and toes the line on curfews and meetings. JM has a good arm, has the balls to keep his eyes downfield even when there's a rush, and at some point he's gonna adjust to this league it just won't be with the Browns.

Merlin Merlin Wake Up Wake Up

TexasRam

Legend
I was in the minority when The Rams Soured on Austin Davis. I liked him and felt he had the goods. That sounds weird.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There are reasons why certain Quarterbacks are always back-ups. They can have their moments, but overall they make plays that will break your backs or you know they have limitations. Keenum, Davis, Hill, Clemens the list goes on and on.

Good luck to Austin Davis, but it amazes how bad the quarterback play has been for the Rams over the years, well, I am confident next year will be different. As to the Cleveland Browns, they will be drafting a Quarterback again and I hope with the same regime because they will draft before the Rams and they are more than likely to take the wrong one and then the Rams will have to take the other guy, however, I actually like the top three Goff, Lynch & Cook.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was in the minority when The Rams Soured on Austin Davis. I liked him and felt he had the goods. That sounds weird.
Sounds weird - yes. But I was in that camp too. I also thought he looked like he had the stronger arm when he and Keenum were throwing side by side on the sideline at the Tampa game last year. I thought he looked pretty decent when he had at least a little time or what resembled a pocket. Jrry and I used to argue constantly about him.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Knew he'd eventually be the starter there. Good for him. He played really well Monday. Plus he's not a complete d-bag, quite the opposite.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
He will implode as soon he gets a little pressure soon enough.