Brian Thomas on the board at 19 and Bills calling

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

muggmeister

Rookie
Robinson is one of the most fascinating prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft, given his sudden, explosive athleticism off the edge could be the best in the class. Yet, his production (sacks) is below the level you would expect to see. Remember, Danielle Hunter had 4.5 sacks in his college career.

Robinson possesses elite athleticism with the kind of twitch you do not often see from edge pass rushers in college football. While his athleticism did not result in a high sack total, there were many examples where his explosive burst off the ball, speed and bend off the edge overwhelmed the offensive tackle.

Robinson is by no means a finished product and needs to learn the craft of working an OT and stringing together moves and counters. However, his lightning quickness off the ball, combined with his motorcycle lean, balance and body control to flatten his rush path and close with an extra gear to the quarterback, makes him the best in this draft class. He can make an immediate impact as an edge pass rusher in his first NFL season.

Is there a Micah Parsons comparison to be made given that no one knew Parsons was the level of pass rusher he would become with the Cowboys? A strong comparison and somewhat inexact, but the bottom line is Robinson is the most explosive edge pass rusher in the class.

So this means he's project that will take 2 to 3 years to develop. Whereas Latu already has an NFL ready game and should deliver immediately. Yea, let's draft Robinson, by the time he comes into his own we'll be looking for our next QB and possibly head coach.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So this means he's project that will take 2 to 3 years to develop. Whereas Latu already has an NFL ready game and should deliver immediately. Yea, let's draft Robinson, by the time he comes into his own we'll be looking for our next QB and possibly head coach.
latu could break his neck on the first play. I like the talent but let’s not act like he’s a sure thing. Aside from that he looks a bit thin and needs to work on his run defense. There are no clean Edge guys in this draft.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
latu could break his neck on the first play. I like the talent but let’s not act like he’s a sure thing. Aside from that he looks a bit thin and needs to work on his run defense.

Latu might look thin but at the Combine, his 259 lbs was heavier than Turner, Verse and Chop Robinson.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
All prospects have flaws.

But both Turner and Verse are genuine R1 talent. And Latu would be too, were it not for the neck issue.
Chop is as well and he plays the run better than Turner and has a faster first step and plays with more bend.

Verse plays with power and can play the run but lacks moves. I don’t see any one of them as bad as the other

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
There seems to be a lot of support for Penn St.'s Chop Robinson, and he appears to be a tremendous athlete.

I don't watch much college football but there is video out there of every snap Robinson took early this season against Illinois. It's a quick watch because it's just Robinson's snaps; and it's only one game. However, it was early in the season before, Robinson was hurt against OH St. I thought he was unimpressive in that game.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Chop is as well and he plays the run better than Turner and has a faster first step and plays with more bend.

Verse plays with power and can play the run but lacks moves. I don’t see any one of them as bad as the other
So, hypothetically speaking (and depending upon how the board fell), you wouldn’t take any of them in the first round? :thinking:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
All this Edge talk has got me wanting to take two stud DTs early and back them up with Edgerrin Cooper.

Memphis Ram

Legend
All this Edge talk has got me wanting to take two stud DTs early and back them up with Edgerrin Cooper.

I'm hoping the Rams select a stud difference maker at whatever position in the 1st round and then look to fill holes with the best players available with the later selections.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
latu could break his neck on the first play. I like the talent but let’s not act like he’s a sure thing. Aside from that he looks a bit thin and needs to work on his run defense. There are no clean Edge guys in this draft.
To be fair, any player could tear anything on any given play. Latu is the surest thing at edge this season IMO. And he is also superior to both the other 2 edges in run defense.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm hoping the Rams select a stud difference maker at whatever position in the 1st round and then look to fill holes with the best players available with the later selections.
Thing is, if the draft falls right, we could end up with 3 starters and a couple that wii rotate for playing time. Or we could just draft a QB and OT and play the future.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
To be fair, any player could tear anything on any given play. Latu is the surest thing at edge this season IMO. And he is also superior to both the other 2 edges in run defense.
Somebody is going to take the gamble early. If he’s there at 19, we’ll see if our poker players are up for the gamble. Even if he were to fall, he’s still going in the 1st.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Somebody is going to take the gamble early. If he’s there at 19, we’ll see if our poker players are up for the gamble. Even if he were to fall, he’s still going in the 1st.
It will be interesting to see who falls, because every year someone unexpectedly falls. I bet there will be a player or two who we all assumed would be in the top 15 who will be there in the 20's. Always happens.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Thing is, if the draft falls right, we could end up with 3 starters and a couple that wii rotate for playing time. Or we could just draft a QB and OT and play the future.
If they prove to be difference makers, then so be it. One on one, I'll even take a future difference maker over a solid starter any day.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The Rams could come out of the first couple of rounds with Brock Bowers and Edgerrin Cooper and I'd be thrilled while most would be moaning about not addressing EDGE and DT with those two selections. It just all depends upon the player (not position) on the board when it time for the Rams to make a selection.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If they prove to be difference makers, then so be it. One on one, I'll even take a future difference maker over a solid starter any day.
I look at it as a new starter should be a difference maker. If they start, it’s at least an upgrade, (AD not being possible to upgrade of course). Generational players can come from anywhere in the draft.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It will be interesting to see who falls, because every year someone unexpectedly falls. I bet there will be a player or two who we all assumed would be in the top 15 who will be there in the 20's. Always happens.
That’s why I’m too thrilled on the idea of trading up this year. Someone or two will slip to 19 or later.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I look at it as a new starter should be a difference maker. If they start, it’s at least an upgrade, (AD not being possible to upgrade of course). Generational players can come from anywhere in the draft.
I guess a new starter could be a difference maker when compared to the player being replaced. But I guess I'm referring to the type of difference maker that opponents have to keep in mind for their gameplans.

For example, new starter Demarcus Robinson looked like an upgrade over Tutu Atwell and Van Jefferson. But, I have my doubts that he was keeping opponents up at night.

Yes. Generational players can come from anywhere in the draft. But so can starters.