Brian Thomas on the board at 19 and Bills calling

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I guess a new starter could be a difference maker when compared to the player being replaced. But I guess I'm referring to the type of difference maker that opponents have to keep in mind for their gameplans.

For example, new starter Demarcus Robinson looked like an upgrade over Tutu Atwell and Van Jefferson. But, I have my doubts that he was keeping opponents up at night.

Yes. Generational players can come from anywhere in the draft. But so can starters.
Can’t argue with that. I think the question often is do you pass on a 9.5 rated player for a 8.9 player at a position of need? I’m sure that happens from time to time when the need is dire.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Can’t argue with that. I think the question often is do you pass on a 9.5 rated player for a 8.9 player at a position of need? I’m sure that happens from time to time when the need is dire.
I believe it happens all the time, too.

I wouldn't, but I'm BPA within reason, fill needs in free agency guy. There are few, if any, teams without holes. Give me the legit difference maker.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So this means he's project that will take 2 to 3 years to develop. Whereas Latu already has an NFL ready game and should deliver immediately. Yea, let's draft Robinson, by the time he comes into his own we'll be looking for our next QB and possibly head coach.
I don’t see either one as a slam dunk to start and produce year 1 necessarily. They both have strengths and weaknesses, they both will need to adjust. I don’t see Latu ready but you’re welcome to your opinion.

TexasRam

Legend
I wish we would have brought in an edge rusher in free agency.

One of those older cheaper pass rushers that could give you some pressure.

I hate going into the draft with such a glaring need.

I would rather be able to genuinely draft BPA.

Even if the Rams go for a late season trade for an edge -- Rams historical strategy (i.g, Von Miller, Fowler), this still leaves them vulnerable to lose some early games in the schedule which could affect seeding/home field advantage or cause them to miss out entirely on the playoffs.

I would love to get one of these CB's in RD1, but how well is a rookie going to play with zero pass rush in front of him?

How screwed up for a rookie CB's development would it be to play the first year in the NFL with no pass rush.

It would be the David Carr treatment.

Calling a spade a spade, as it stands today our pass rush is amongst the worst in the league and VERY concerning.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Even if the Rams go for a late season trade for an edge -- Rams historical strategy (i.g, Von Miller, Fowler), this still leaves them vulnerable to lose some early games in the schedule which could affect seeding/home field advantage or cause them to miss out entirely on the playoffs.

I would love to get one of these CB's in RD1, but how well is a rookie going to play with zero pass rush in front of him?

How screwed up for a rookie CB's development would it be to play the first year in the NFL with no pass rush.

The signing I wanted and still do is Calais Campbell. Rams are going to be prioritizing Edge and there should be guys to help us available, but DT might slide a bit to round 3+ for addressing it. So rounding out that group with an old vet like him who always (at least it seems like every time I've watched him) plays hard and has good length to him would be nice. DT is still a need with him but it's a nice fallback just in case.

TexasRam

Legend
The signing I wanted and still do is Calais Campbell. Rams are going to be prioritizing Edge and there should be guys to help us available, but DT might slide a bit to round 3+ for addressing it. So rounding out that group with an old vet like him who always (at least it seems like every time I've watched him) plays hard and has good length to him would be nice. DT is still a need with him but it's a nice fallback just in case.
Yea, we need multiple dogs that can generate pressure so I am all about Campbell.

Not much left unless you want Dupree, which I probably pass on for a young buck.

It's going to be a rough year on defense unless we get some dogs that can get to the QB.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Calling a spade a spade, as it stands today our pass rush is amongst the worst in the league and VERY concerning.
I hate going into the draft with glaring needs, too.

But given that team needs don't influence player availability and said needs can change yearly, I hope upon hope that the Rams stick to their draft board and don't elevate a lesser rated player on their board in an attempt to fill a need.