Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I know he's a free agent and hasn't really produced as to now in his career.

He was ascending before his shoulder injury as a pass catcher and becoming increasingly better in his routes.

The things we know about him without a doubt are that he has size and athletic ability along with the proven ability to block.

My question is; could he be used in the Jared Cook role? He isn't quite the size of Cook, but I do believe he has proven to be a better blocker.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

He was ascending before his shoulder injury as a pass catcher and becoming increasingly better in his routes.

The things we know about him without a doubt are that he has size and athletic ability along with the proven ability to block.

My question is; could he be used in the Jared Cook role? He isn't quite the size of Cook, but I do believe he has proven to be a better blocker.
You mean lead the team in drops? He's more than capable of filling that void :snicker:

If we resign Quick, it will be for the minimum tender for 1 yr IMO. I guess they could use him more in the slot but I think Kendricks will get his targets.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm good with a very short term deal that is heavy on incentives. If he doesn't come out in camp with a fury, cut him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Not if we change offenses because he learns at a glacial pace. Seriously slowly.

I dunno if he has a legit learning disability or zero football IQ or both, but now that we have Groh, I think Quick is not an option anymore.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not if we change offenses because he learns at a glacial pace. Seriously slowly.

I dunno if he has a legit learning disability or zero football IQ or both, but now that we have Groh, I think Quick is not an option anymore.

And that was his biggest read flag the year he was drafted.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's a perfect fit. He blocks well downfield so Gurley can run further more often.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm done with the Brian Quick experiment. Hopefully Fisher and company are too.
Tavon, Britt and Marquez are the only current WR's who should be brought back to camp this year IMO.
Draft one(or two) and reach out to Anquan Boldin to continue his NFC West tour of duty.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

It's an interesting thought.

Can anyone think of an example where that's happened?

Quick is a classic example of how hard I root for players, particularly the "under dogs" or stories like Quick where he came from a small school, raw, etc. To the point where today I am still not ready to give up on him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the idea that quick was ascending is actually false or at least exaggerated.
He only had 4 catches total in his last 3 games before he got hurt.
To me the anomaly is the 2 or 3 decent games where he caught teams by surprise. We are talking about a guy who didn't even have a 100 yard game.
10 catches on 32 targets is just not good. But more similar to the rest of his career.
He's a bust. Time to move on

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the idea that quick was ascending is actually false or at least exaggerated.
He only had 4 catches total in his last 3 games before he got hurt.
To me the anomaly is the 2 or 3 decent games where he caught teams by surprise. We are talking about a guy who didn't even have a 100 yard game.
10 catches on 32 targets is just not good. But more similar to the rest of his career.
He's a bust. Time to move on
but but but but..............he has a specific set of skills.................that will blow you away at a privately held combine. (y)

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick's injury was very severe. I think Fisher was surprised he came back at all. Give him one more year to bring back his confidence, on a cheap deal, mainly because we have no other receivers!!! Even if we draft two or three we may still need Quick. However, if he doesn't look good in training camp, he needs to go.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Quick's development took several hits, multiple QBs who were not all that good as well as the shoulder. The QB play hurt all of our WRs numbers so I don't think any of us can see what they might be.

He seems to have benefited from working with Britt as far as fitting for the ball and as mentioned his blocking is a plus but he still has things to improve. I just don't know if he is going to be a high enough priority to get a contract done before the draft. He could still be a good piece at #4 but this team needs better QB play before any more them will produce

fearsomefour

Legend
I want to resign him.
The team will carry (more than likely) six WRs. Meaning, of course, while Britt and Austin are in place the team is looking for that big "1" WR they have been missing, they still need to find other guys.
I think Quick still has a skill set to offer. He should be able to be resigned for a couple year deal on the cheap. He has worked to come back from a serious shoulder injury. By signing him and slotting him and Marquez at the back end of the WR group it leaves two slots to fill. Want to go get a big name FA WR for big money, great. Want to draft a guy or two, great....there is still room there. To me it makes sense. Quick can fill a spot at WR and won't cost much. On the cheap he is worth it to me. We have seen flashes, he may still be a guy who can put it together. If he doesn't over the next couple of years, ok, he is the 5th WR then.
Nothing to lose.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Upgrade and then upgrade again should be call for our receivers. Quick was a total FAIL. Rams need ready to go & ready to make a play WR's NOW fact is they needed them for the last four seasons....Was not Brian Quick here for those 4 yrs? Didn't the Rams waste a near first rd selection (33rd pick)? Time to take off that stinky soiled shirt.Time to wash the stink off too boys, refresh completely if possible and it is possible. No No don't put that :poop: back on!

Why would I want to retread the same again FAIL.:palm:

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
Quick's injury was very severe. I think Fisher was surprised he came back at all. Give him one more year to bring back his confidence, on a cheap deal, mainly because we have no other receivers!!! Even if we draft two or three we may still need Quick. However, if he doesn't look good in training camp, he needs to go.
sounds fair
train

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Bring Quick back. The light was turning on before he suffered a possible career threatening injury.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not exclusively, no. If we're going to run the same kind of offense again, we'll either put Kendricks in as the move TE (his original role), or draft/sign a replacement. Quick could be used in the slot as a run blocker on specific plays, kind of like how AZ uses Fitzgerald, but I don't see him becoming what Jared Cook was supposed to be. To me, Cook wasn't aggressive enough as a blocker, and I don't think Quick would be either. Though, I couldn't see him being any worse. Quick has the prototypical wide receiver build and agility. All he needs now is that little extra something to tie it all together. Be it brains, determination, balls, killer instinct, whatever you wanna call it. He just needs it.

fearsomefour

Legend
Upgrade and then upgrade again should be call for our receivers. Quick was a total FAIL. Rams need ready to go & ready to make a play WR's NOW fact is they needed them for the last four seasons....Was not Brian Quick here for those 4 yrs? Didn't the Rams waste a near first rd selection (33rd pick)? Time to take off that stinky soiled shirt.Time to wash the stink off too boys, refresh completely if possible and it is possible. No No don't put that :poop: back on!

Why would I want to retread the same again FAIL.:palm:
Ok. Britt, Austin, Marquez is what we have now. Not much there.
The Rams need to draft a couple of WRs, sign at least one FA WR, probably a couple to try and fill their corp out. A low priced FA WR that is an upgrade is going to be hard to find.
Sign him on the cheap and let him compete for a spot. If the Rams use their first round pick on a WR and a late round pick, sign a guy like Kearse from Seattle or Jones from the Bengals who can be a good guy and not break the bank and another lower level FA. This would be the approach I would use. Britt, Austin, Marquez as the hold overs, the first round pick, lets say Kearse and Quick as FAs, the late round pick and any undrafted rookies or practice squad hold overs. Finding a mix to try to find a good of WRs. More than likely even a first round pick will not have huge impact year one. A top level FA WR, if even available, would cost too much for my taste. Britt and Austin don't set the world on fire as receivers, although, I don't think either has been used correctly really.
I am not signing Quick with the idea of relying on him to be a main guy, but, he would compete for a spot. He has physical talent. Worth a low cost to me. Where he was drafted holds no meaning to me now, means nothing at all.
So, using my example, 1st rnd WR, Britt, Austin, Kearse, Quick, Marquez, late rnd WR, undrafted FA WR....is that enough to find 6 WRs to make a professional corp? Really should be.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm done. Time to move on.
I wouldn't even consider Quick raw when he came in. I don't know what to call him, but he was far beyond raw.