Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Torry has the attitude that any ball thrown in the direction of a WR should be caught. He was a HOF caliber WR, and HE wouldn't have caught that ball. Sometimes I think both he and Marshall tend to be over critical in their comments, because they just want to make it sound like they aren't homers.

I also think they have a difficult time realizing that MOST players can't make the same plays they did.
Yeah and they dropped and missed some balls as well, I was a little offed by the repeated Ray Ray McDonald calls too, if they'd been another teams announcers I'm pretty sure there'd be a thread slamming them.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Torry has the attitude that any ball thrown in the direction of a WR should be caught. He was a HOF caliber WR, and HE wouldn't have caught that ball. Sometimes I think both he and Marshall tend to be over critical in their comments, because they just want to make it sound like they aren't homers.

I also think they have a difficult time realizing that MOST players can't make the same plays they did.

Faulk made a couple homer comments last night and I loved it.

I don't think it has anything to do with them realizing what other players can or can't do. They are conveying what has to be done to be winners. If player X expects to be a winner he has to catch every ball, make every block, tackle, kick.... It's not being overly critical. It's them speaking from experience about what it takes.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

I don't think it has anything to do with them realizing what other players can or can't do. They are conveying what has to be done to be winners. If player X expects to be a winner he has to catch every ball, make every block, tackle, kick.... It's not being overly critical. It's them speaking from experience about what it takes.

I haven't watched the tv broadcast yet. But I have listened to them in previous games, and I think they can be over critical at times.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I haven't watched the tv broadcast yet. But I have listened to them in previous games, and I think they can be over critical at times.
Looked uncatchable to me, but he did not get separation. Looked like continued contact by the DB, well beyond the 5. Hard to "lay out" when someone has a hold of your belt.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Guys I am not hating on Quick just saying he has to be on top of his game for Rams offense to succeed.

Rambition

Rookie

i get what you're saying, but faulk really does tend to overdo the "that's a play that has to be made" stuff in these preseason games. he wants to stress the importance of making good plays for these guys who are on the bubble, but forgets to make distinctions between what's reasonable and what isn't. he did exactly the same thing in the preseason games last season, and will do the same thing next year. kind of his calling card, i guess.

RamWoodie

Legend
Both Faulk and Holt get to "yakkity-yaking"...they were both great players, and should make the HOF...however they are not great analyst yet because their not being real. You analyze objectively...so they're actually showing how much growth remains for them as analyst. You don;t analyze as a great player...you analyze from a football perspective.

If a player misses a block...show that, and speak to what they could have done to be better!

Even the HOF-ers made a few errors. Where were those two in the Super Bowl against the Pats??? Why couldn't they over come all the holding???

So the point is analyze...don't always criticize!!!

cracengl

Rookie

I agree Coach. I actually made the comment that Marshall want letting anything slide. I didn't think about him not being a homer, but it makes sense. I had figured it was the attention to detail and critical nature showing that made him such a great player. It's probably some of both.

Was just another disappointing play in a disappointing night in a disappointing career for me. On it's own it was far from awful, it's just another straw.