Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

It is disappointing to me that he showed a lack of effort on his ONE target and I did not like his head hanging going back to the huddle. If that is his effort/reaction during a HOME preseason game then he's done, through, finished!

he best pick it up next week or one of the only intelligent comments Holt made last night WILL ring true; "Quick and Givens, you watching what these other guys are doing?"

That said, with a guy like Quick who obviously has so little confidence, I blame Schotty/Fisher for not coming back to this kid and getting him an easy catch, if for no other reason than to build his confidence up during the week ahead.

Goodness does it appear we are going to miss Bailey big time!

stlramscar

UDFA
He has been dealing with a back ailment recently,maybe that has something to do with it.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The incomplete to Quick was just off in the timing. I didn't see Quick hanging his head at all. He just looked disappointed that he got caught up in traffic and couldn't get to the ball. Then he went back to the huddle and said something to Shaun Hill, looked like a "good throw, my bad" type of exchange recognizing they almost connected. It's not like he stormed off to pout on the bench or something so I don't get the criticism there. I do get the criticism that he needs to pick it up and make a damn play somewhere other than practice.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They said he didn't locate the ball. He's made many plays in practice, I'll chalk this one up as a fluke. Not the first time his awareness was lacking, though. *Doink!*

CoachO

Hall of Fame
WOW!!!! tough crowd. He had ZERO chance to make a play on a ball that was 5 yards overthrown.

I was actually surprised to see him even playing, as he obviously still isn't 100% from the back tightness. I haven't watched the game yet on tv, but I am guessing they didn't show the part where both Fisher and Reggie (Head Trainer) were talking to him on the field during a timeout, and told him he as done for the night. He seemed to be lobbying to stay in the game, to no avail..

I guess the "skeptical crowd" only see what they want to see, and unless he lights up the stat sheet it won't ever be good enough. I guess the Kenny Britt experiment is a bust too, he didn't have a single ball thrown to him, so we should just cut our losses, and go with guys like Emory Blake cuz he was awesome last night.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
WOW!!!! tough crowd. He had ZERO chance to make a play on a ball that was 5 yards overthrown.

I was actually surprised to see him even playing, as he obviously still isn't 100% from the back tightness. I haven't watched the game yet on tv, but I am guessing they didn't show the part where both Fisher and Reggie (Head Trainer) were talking to him on the field during a timeout, and told him he as done for the night. He seemed to be lobbying to stay in the game, to no avail..

I guess the "skeptical crowd" only see what they want to see, and unless he lights up the stat sheet it won't ever be good enough. I guess the Kenny Britt experiment is a bust too, he didn't have a single ball thrown to him, so we should just cut our losses, and go with guys like Emory Blake cuz he was awesome last night.

Couldn't have said it any better.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My take was , a backup QB, that seems to have a little difficulty throwing the ball farther than 30 yards with any zip couldn't connect with ANY of the starters....What did we expect? Hill is Hill..Clemens 2.0

CoachO

Hall of Fame
My take was , a backup QB, that seems to have a little difficulty throwing the ball farther than 30 yards with any zip couldn't connect with ANY of the starters....What did we expect? Hill is Hill..Clemens 2.0

Have to disagree on the Clemens 2.0 reference. He is light years better then Clemens in the passing game. I do agree with you regarding arm strength, but he understands when and where to throw the ball. The ball to Quick was just one of those throws, especially taking into account that both Quick and Britt have not had many reps with Hill in camp.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Have to disagree on the Clemens 2.0 reference. He is light years better then Clemens in the passing game. I do agree with you regarding arm strength, but he understands when and where to throw the ball. The ball to Quick was just one of those throws, especially taking into account that both Quick and Britt have not had many reps with Hill in camp.
uh-oh new font....upgrade....yeah, just a little disappointed Coach...He does know where the outlets are, he can hit the crossers in stride, and he seems to have the pocket presence needed to get in the endzone. I just think with guys like Josh Freeman out there, dare I say Vince Young...LaMarcus Russell..OK, OK I'm not crazy, not those last 2. LOL But a backup that started somewhere...Not a career backup that started because someone got hurt. Hell, we shoulda got Mark Sanchez....serious. Be able to use the weapons. Just like the starter. Britt & Quick are deep outs, digs types...Seems like the offense kinda picked up when they got on the field together...It is game one...but it was telling....

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Not real sure how Quick was supposed to catch that ball. Jetpacks? I was there and saw the replay twice on jumbotron. And where you guys get this stuff about him hanging his head and moping is beyond me. I assume it's an agenda of some sort that makes people see what isn't there.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
uh-oh new font....upgrade....yeah, just a little disappointed Coach...He does know where the outlets are, he can hit the crossers in stride, and he seems to have the pocket presence needed to get in the endzone. I just think with guys like Josh Freeman out there, dare I say Vince Young...LaMarcus Russell..OK, OK I'm not crazy, not those last 2. LOL But a backup that started somewhere...Not a career backup that started because someone got hurt. Hell, we shoulda got Mark Sanchez....serious. Be able to use the weapons. Just like the starter. Britt & Quick are deep outs, digs types...Seems like the offense kinda picked up when they got on the field together...It is game one...but it was telling....

If you were disappointed with HILL, then I am not sure what you are expecting. Passer rating of 151, a great throw to Cook on the skinny post to overcome a 1st and 20 situation on the first scoring drive. And perfect back shoulder throw to Bailey on the second TD pass. Also, I don't think its a coincidence that he and Bailey hooked up, since they have had more reps together than Hill has had with Quick or Britt.

It seems you have a "type" of QB you prefer, but at least for me, I would rather have the guy who has plenty of experience coming off the bench, over a starter who wasn't good enough to keep his job. Neither Sanchez or Freeman were ever an option, nor should they be, IMO

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Hill looked great. Quick wasn't really targeted. It's preseason... half our O-line was out from the get-go. I mostly enjoyed seeing the schemes, Robinson mauling people, and Donald looking like a dominant force with occasional rookie brainfarts.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If you were disappointed with HILL, then I am not sure what you are expecting. Passer rating of 151, a great throw to Cook on the skinny post to overcome a 1st and 20 situation on the first scoring drive. And perfect back shoulder throw to Bailey on the second TD pass. Also, I don't think its a coincidence that he and Bailey hooked up, since they have had more reps together than Hill has had with Quick or Britt.

It seems you have a "type" of QB you prefer, but at least for me, I would rather have the guy who has plenty of experience coming off the bench, over a starter who wasn't good enough to keep his job. Neither Sanchez or Freeman were ever an option, nor should they be, IMO
No, not a necessarily a type. Just similar to the starter. I agree, Hill would/should look better with wrs he's thrown to the most in practice. He didn't perform poorly. I just don't think power running with play-action passes works as well when the QB doesn't push the ball downfield. What happens if we fall behind, and play action isn't working, when the QB must take his drop and make a throw? Even the Bailey pass was underthrown, Bailey made a great adjustment to catch it.
I also think Freeman & Sanchez were good enough, but the circumstances forced them to move on....

CoachO

Hall of Fame
No, not a necessarily a type. Just similar to the starter. I agree, Hill would/should look better with wrs he's thrown to the most in practice. He didn't perform poorly. I just don't think power running with play-action passes works as well when the QB doesn't push the ball downfield. What happens if we fall behind, and play action isn't working, when the QB must take his drop and make a throw? Even the Bailey pass was underthrown, Bailey made a great adjustment to catch it.
I also think Freeman & Sanchez were good enough, but the circumstances forced them to move on....

We will just have to agree to disagree. You say he didn't push the ball downfield, but the ball to Cook on the skinny post wasn't A CHECK DOWN. And the pass to Bailey was NOT underthrown. It was put where he was the only one who would catch it. If Hill had put that ball in the back corner, it was too well covered to be completed.

People complain ALL THE TIME, that Bradford doesn't use the back shoulder thrown enough. That was, IMO a perfect example.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I thought Hill looked as a sharp as any QB who has played for the Rams in the last few years including SB. It's not all about arm strength. Finesse and touch can go a long way and I think those are traits Hill brings that we haven't seen much of for some time.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
not sure how anyone could find fault with the play of hill. he had a nice game. what else was he suppose to do. the Bailey TD was a great throw not sure how you seen that as under thrown. Hill doenst have the zip of a Bradford he is a Touch Qb and showed that

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

You know he's still getting his feet wet, right? He even said that in his presser. Last year Clemens had a year and a half under Schotty when he filled in for Bradgord.

With that said, Hill had a passer rating of 153 and two TD's in his first game in horns. He did really well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
People complain ALL THE TIME, that Bradford doesn't use the back shoulder thrown enough. That was, IMO a perfect example.

I am one of those people! :LOL: