Brian Quick Has Emerged

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bskrilla

Starter
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but were our safeties/secondary our strongest unit today?! I was very impressed with McDonald.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm late to enter this thread(sorry).

Quick has definitely progressed. He looks like he belongs on the field and is ready to explode.
Yes. I feel like schotty should trust his big receivers more call more passing plays down the field and toss it up there. Every pass don't have to be completed but it will go a long way in making the run game better

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but were our safeties/secondary our strongest unit today?! I was very impressed with McDonald.
Jenkins, Gaines, and McDonald looked really really good at times, and even McLeod had a moment or two. They made quite a bit of mistakes though that cost us. Still missing tackles all over the place.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I agree and I hope we're right. He's been great all pre-season - but Quick has looked great in patches.

This is the first time I can remember Quick having 7 catches in a game. Can that be right? Can someone look up the stats and tell me he's had a bigger game than that? On top of his progress last year, in camp and pre-season I think it looks like his hard work is starting to pay off. If so the guy really has potential to be a top tier receiver.

V3

Hall of Fame
I was one that didn't believe in Quick. I admit he's looking like a legit WR. I don't want to jump the gun but he looked good today and in preseason. My only concern is how long it took. IMO, top picks shouldn't take 3 years to get production out of. By the time they start showing production, it's about time for a new contract. You need early production out of top picks while they're cheap if you want to get over the hump. The salary cap makes it imperative to have multiple first contract players performing well to go along with your high priced vets that are already performing. The reason I bring it up is due to how long it's taking for several other top picks to perform. This regime seems to not care about how long it takes for top picks to perform and it has me worried. I guess it doesn't matter too much with this team, though. We still have some big holes.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Yes he has. Where the hell was Britt? Sorry, but I missed it when Quick passed him up. I sure do miss Sam now.

lockdnram21

Legend
I agree and I hope we're right. He's been great all pre-season - but Quick has looked great in patches.

This is the first time I can remember Quick having 7 catches in a game. Can that be right? Can someone look up the stats and tell me he's had a bigger game than that? On top of his progress last year, in camp and pre-season I think it looks like his hard work is starting to pay off. If so the guy really has potential to be a top tier receiver.
Yea that's the most. Before that the most he's got was 3 and that was vs Carolina last season

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I was one that didn't believe in Quick. I admit he's looking like a legit WR. I don't want to jump the gun but he looked good today and in preseason. My only concern is how long it took. IMO, top picks shouldn't take 3 years to get production out of. By the time they start showing production, it's about time for a new contract. You need early production out of top picks while they're cheap if you want to get over the hump. The salary cap makes it imperative to have multiple first contract players performing well to go along with your high priced vets that are already performing. The reason I bring it up is due to how long it's taking for several other top picks to perform. This regime seems to not care about how long it takes for top picks to perform and it has me worried. I guess it doesn't matter too much with this team, though. We still have some big holes.
See Dez Bryant, Vincent Jackson, as just TWO just off the top of my head.

You cannot just say that he has shown THIS YEAR he seems to have put it together, you have to qualify it to make yourself feel better for NOT being a fan of the pick?

A55VA6

Legend
Quick definitely has emerged. Everything we've seen in camp and preseason was for real. He would've been well over 100 yards with better pass protection in my opinion.

Benny Cunningham might end up the starter at RB on this team as well. He seems to be inching closer each and every time he hits the field.

V3

Hall of Fame
See Dez Bryant, Vincent Jackson, as just TWO just off the top of my head.

You cannot just say that he has shown THIS YEAR he seems to have put it together, you have to qualify it to make yourself feel better for NOT being a fan of the pick?
Bryant had more stats his first season than Quick did his first two. By his second year, he had established himself as a top WR. They were getting production out of him in year one. Jackson is a good example of why I like to get production early. By the time he was performing, he wanted a new contract. SD didn't want to give it to him so they traded him. I don't want the same thing happening to Quick.

And no, that's not how I qualify the pick. I've always felt that way before Quick was even picked. I didn't just make up that philosophy, either. It's pretty well known that the best teams get production out of their young, first contract players. That's how you get the most performance out of the same amount of salary cap limitation. And please try and not come off so rude. I'm taking the high road right now.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
This, BY FAR, was my favorite thing of the day, plus Hill seemed to trust him. Might be the light is on for Quick. Just please don't pull a Cook and disappear for the rest of the season.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

He actually only has 29 in his career besides this game. This was literally 1/4th of his career output right here. And yes, reception wise this is easily the best in his career.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It certainly seems that way. I love it.

Maybe it needs to give some perspective on these young players and why people say you need 3 years to evaluate a draft class. Maybe it's worth thinking about before implying other young players on this team are not living up to potential/are busts and bemoaning us for not picking someone else over them. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes. I feel like schotty should trust his big receivers more call more passing plays down the field and toss it up there. Every pass don't have to be completed but it will go a long way in making the run game better

Agreed. Throw it on them (Quick and Britt) and let them have at it. I think I'll trust Quick to make the play.

Big Willie

Starter
Whooooa Nelly. As a charter member of the Quickie fan section, I caution everyone not to get too high on my boy too soon. He has a long way to go, has to stop making stupid plays (personal file penalty) and needs to make some explosive plays. He is coming along, but is no where near a number 1 receiver...yet.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Quick looked very good, can you imagine if he had been playing with legit NFL talent at QB the last 10 games. Very happy to see this young man coming in to his own.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I thought overall defensively they played rather well. They got pressure, essentially made Adrian Peterson a non factor, and didn't get carved through the air.
EJ Gaines played exceptional for a late round rookie.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We finally have a goto WR, that we have all been asking for for several years now since Holt left. I wonder how well he'll do now that teams will gameplan against him and try to take him away? Remember last year, first game, Cook had a huge game, and then defenses neutralized him after that pretty much.