Brian Quick Has Emerged

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Nothing was pretty about this game, even the good.....

But Gaines flashed and damn if Quick didn't look very good.

He was a big force and yes, that "penalty" is still BS to me. I say he finished with about 125 yards, though the stat book won't tell you that.

Unfortunately.....we may not have a QB to get him the ball consistently now.

*Still can't wait for Quick/Bailey combo*

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He was definitely a bright spot in the game.

We're probably better of at WR than we have been in a while. Unfortunately, our OL can't block and we are using 2nd and 3rd string QB's.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Quick had a very good game. Happy about that.

lockdnram21

Legend
Yea they need to get this line settled and I say try and trade for Barkley see if he can learn offense by the bye. Then let him start. After the bye.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Quick looks like a legit receiver now, and he's got a little swagger. I agree, when Bailey comes back, everything's gonna click. The challenge now is to find a QB who's going to be able to take advantage of the situation. Hill started out fine, but he's not smart with the ball under pressure. And Austin Davis, despite my eternal optimism about this team, just never ever impressed me. I need to see Keenum soon.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Quick looks like a legit receiver now, and he's got a little swagger. I agree, when Bailey comes back, everything's gonna click. The challenge now is to find a QB who's going to be able to take advantage of the situation. Hill started out fine, but he's not smart with the ball under pressure. And Austin Davis, despite my eternal optimism about this team, just never ever impressed me. I need to see Keenum soon.
I need to see someone with promise, at least. Davis doesn't inspire me, but a lot of things today didn't.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
UUUUHHHHHHHH Aaron Donald gettin' no love in this thread?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
finally a thread I feel good about...I hope Hill doesn't get him killed....floating balls all over the field....anybody still suggesting that the 34 and best backup QB ever is better than Josh Freeman? :sneaky::cautious::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:confused:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I say we stick with Davis and ride it out. Maybe he developed and we have the QB of the future already here. (Doubtful) but in any case, Quick looked great

lockdnram21

Legend
I think the plan is to get Keenum ready by after the bye or I hate to say it they need to trade for Sanchez or even Matt Barkley

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

He really looked like TO/Bryant out there on a couple completions. He just looked HUGE and POWERFUL! And those routes he ran looked good too. I feel confident if teams line him up single coverage, he's going to embarrass some DBs this season.

But....need a QB to get him the ball and an o-line. Pass protection was horrid.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
finally a thread I feel good about...I hope Hill doesn't get him killed....floating balls all over the field....anybody still suggesting that the 34 and best backup QB ever is better than Josh Freeman? :sneaky::cautious::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:confused:
Everybody but you still man, Freeman would have a starting job if he was as good as you think he is,'splain that,the whole league says you wrong

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Freeman is awful. Legitimately terrible. I'd take Austin Davis over the guy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm late to enter this thread(sorry).

Quick has definitely progressed. He looks like he belongs on the field and is ready to explode.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I say we stick with Davis and ride it out. Maybe he developed and we have the QB of the future already here. (Doubtful) but in any case, Quick looked great

Knowing Fisher, he's gonna stick with Hill until all the treads are gone. I'm fine with that as he made some nice throws on a clean pocket. I hope we put more emphasis on the run game. That pick Hill made was a fine example as to why you shouldn't put the game on his hands.

As for Quick, I'm not surprised with his production. He needed a couple years before making an impact with this team.