Brian Allen Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're saying the Rams will give Allen the job back after they just cut him? I'm confused. The Rams just cut the only other center on the roster. That gives Shelton leverage in negotiations. His play and leadership for them gives him leverage. Allen being gone gives him leverage.
No, I'm saying that even if he was on the roster, he was no threat to Shelton because they weren't going to let Shelton walk to keep Allen. IMO anyways. And I assume that if Allen were any leverage then the Rams brass wouldn't have cut him beforehand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If I had to guess, they're just dotting the i's on the Shelton extension now. But only 60% certain of that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, I'm saying that even if he was on the roster, he was no threat to Shelton because they weren't going to let Shelton walk to keep Allen. IMO anyways. And I assume that if Allen were any leverage then the Rams brass wouldn't have cut him beforehand.
Hypothetically sure but that's no certain thing. And the Rams can just say fine screw you we have a lot of picks for your replacement.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hypothetically sure but that's no certain thing. And the Rams can just say fine screw you we have a lot of picks for your replacement.
Yeah I agree for sure. That's why I don't think Brian Allen was leverage. The threat of a valuable free agent or a draft pick for sure. But not a guy that was pretty much a guaranteed cut.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am loath to say this... but maybe Avila is leverage.
Kind of a wash isn't it? They can replace any of the three free agents, potentially free afent Shelton included, if they choose to. Now if they lose one of them the others gain leverage. But until that happens I don't think the team or players necessarily have more leverage.