Brian Allen Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Just heard this on the radio.

Haden

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Haden

Name
Dave
Wonder if they plan to sign Coleman Shelton or pursue another FA center????

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Nets about a $4.8M savings. Hopefully he catches on somewhere else or considers resigning with us for less.

Haden

Name
Dave
Never thought about a re-sign as a backup. That would be interesting.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wonder if they plan to sign Coleman Shelton or pursue another FA center????
Or draft someone although not sure they want a rookie at Center with Stafford. Andre James from the Raiders would be an excellent signing IMHO.

Haden

Name
Dave
Some folks think they may be sliding Avila over. Wonder if that is their plan?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Knew his shot knees were going to eventually get him cut. Well, looks like center will be a need as well. Going to be interesting to see what route the Rams take here.

Psycho_X

Legend
Least surprising cut I'd say. He was due a roster bonus a few days after free agency started so makes sense to do it now instead of waiting. He leaves a super bowl champion as a starting center though. Thanks for the memories Mr. Allen.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With his knees, he should give up playing and try to get into coaching if he wants to stay in football.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
OK then.
Looks like the Rams are going after some O line talent in this draft.
I am all for that.
Build a great O line, its a LA Rams tradition.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thanks for everything Brian and best of luck out there.

Feels like we'll have Shelton on the one year (barring someone signing him away), and a draftee going forward. If they can get Dotson done then center is a little less crucial. Not unimportant but whoever it is will be well protected by good guards on either side.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure we all knew this was coming. Next bit of info will be about Shelton exercising his release clause or not I'm guessing?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Good player but just too injury prone for his price, particularly as knee issues like his only seem to get worse, not better, as the years go by. We saw a bit of that last year.

I wish him well! He is a starter as a Super Bowl Champion. You can never take that away from him.

Curious if the plan is to shift Avila over to center, acquire a new starter be it via the draft or trade or free agency, or let Shelton have the role full time. It might well depend on how the draft falls to them.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Good player but just too injury prone for his price, particularly as knee issues like his only seem to get worse, not better, as the years go by. We saw a bit of that last year.

I wish him well! He is a starter as a Super Bowl Champion. You can never take that away from him.

Curious if the plan is to shift Avila over to center, acquire a new starter be it via the draft or trade or free agency, or let Shelton have the role full time. It might well depend on how the draft falls to them.

I will question this staff hard if they move Avila. High level guards are more important and harder to come by

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Respectfully disagree. I think big, stud centers are substantially harder to find which is why they almost never come available in FA