Brett Hundley?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
WEAKNESSES
Hasn't shown an ability to win from the pocket yet. Protected by playaction-based short passing game that held linebackers and cornerbacks at bay. Internal clock is a mess. Has marginal anticipation, and appears to be lacking in ability to read defenses and create a pre-snap plan. Slow getting through progressions, taking 125 sacks in three years. Inconsistent weight transfer on throws, which affects accuracy (throws sail) and velocity. Needs to reset feet when swiveling from side to side while scanning for next target. Gets crowded in pocket rather than sliding to open space. Short-arms too many throws. Ineffective, inaccurate passer outside of pocket with lowest completion percentage in Pac-12 when scrambling (32.6 percent). Misses opportunities to climb pocket while keeping eyes downfield rather than taking off as a runner.
These are the reasons I want no part on this guy, these are major flaws! I know you guys love he athleticism but the fuy just isnt a player he is an athlete pretending to be a qb. Im sure hes a great kid and tries hard but he doesnt have it. @Corbin Petty is not a midget he is 6'3" and 230 lbs very good size for the nfl. Petty isnt perfect he is coming from a spread offense and needs to work on his footwork but he has the it factor to be an nfl qb.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
These are the reasons I want no part on this guy, these are major flaws! I know you guys love he athleticism but the fuy just isnt a player he is an athlete pretending to be a qb. Im sure hes a great kid and tries hard but he doesnt have it. @Corbin Petty is not a midget he is 6'3" and 230 lbs very good size for the nfl. Petty isnt perfect he is coming from a spread offense and needs to work on his footwork but he has the it factor to be an nfl qb.

With all due respect, this "scouting report" was authored by Lance Zierlein, a Houston based sports radio talk show host.

If folks here really wanna believe this guy is an authority on Brett Hundley then C'est la Vie

I'm more inclined to believe opinions from those whom actually have watched this guys career rather than those whom piece together opinions off a stat sheet and highlight/lowlight film.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He reminds me of that guy up in frisco.
At least until he proves otherwise. Which may be a possibility.
I know the talent is there, but I want to see what he can do in the pocket on a regular basis. Which I haven't.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I know the talent is there, but I want to see what he can do in the pocket on a regular basis. Which I haven't.
Imho that guy in san fran isnt all that good either... pocket passers always have and always will be the way of the nfl

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Hundley is a much more accurate and accomplished passer than Kaepernick coming out. Kap is straight line, faster, and has a better arm, probably one of, if not the strongest in the NFL. They ran similar offenses. Kaepernick had a way better OL in college. Kap rarely went through progressions, and still doesn't. You can see Hundley go through them, in all of the clips in this thread.

I'm not saying he is perfect, he needs to work on certain things that he hasn't been asked to do, same as Petty. I don't think he will go top 10, but he won't make it to us in the 2nd round, which is my opinion. In this draft, which is one of the poorest QB drafts in quite a while, he's a top 3 QB.

And that's all I will say about him. QB's are hard to evaluate and project, especially in today's college game.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hundley is a much more accurate and accomplished passer than Kaepernick coming out. Kap is straight line, faster, and has a better arm, probably one of, if not the strongest in the NFL. They ran similar offenses. Kaepernick had a way better OL in college. Kap rarely went through progressions, and still doesn't. You can see Hundley go through them, in all of the clips in this thread.

I'm not saying he is perfect, he needs to work on certain things that he hasn't been asked to do, same as Petty. I don't think he will go top 10, but he won't make it to us in the 2nd round, which is my opinion. In this draft, which is one of the poorest QB drafts in quite a while, he's a top 3 QB.

And that's all I will say about him. QB's are hard to evaluate and project, especially in today's college game.
Someone's going to take a shot on him early 8 the draft because of his talent.
His accuracy is also an issue with me. Even in the "highlight" vids, I see passes that would be picked in the NFL. Some he barely hit guys that were wide open. Others under thrown.
He could be good. He could be terrible.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
@Corbin Petty is not a midget he is 6'3" and 230 lbs very good size for the nfl. Petty isnt perfect he is coming from a spread offense and needs to work on his footwork but he has the it factor to be an nfl qb.
So says the school. We shall see when the combine comes... Height isn't everything obviously or shorter QB's wouldn't be successful, just watching him seems to me he has to extend a bit with his motion for height. I'll be curious to see him at the combine and see how eh performs compared to the others.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Imho that guy in san fran isnt all that good either... pocket passers always have and always will be the way of the nfl
IMHO the guy in San Fran isn't a all pro by any means but he's better than what we've had the last 4+ years, Hell if our offense could get some kind of consistent QB playoff play I'm confident we'd be a wildcard team, possibly a division winner. Austin 'pick6' Davis and Shaun 'over the "Hill really didn't help us. With our Defense and when we patch up the O-line this off season we just need us a QB. Praying we choose right.

paceram

Pro Bowler

By some wild chance he does make it to the Rams 2nd round pick do you take him?

Ltrautman

MIZ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
By some wild chance he does make it to the Rams 2nd round pick do you take him?
I would not... I'd wait on Petty in the third and grab a Dawson, Kikaha, or other 1st round talent that fell

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
A write-up about QB's to wtch at the combine including Hundley along with a video of Bucky Brooks discussing Hundley.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0a...uting-combine-six-quarterbacks-under-scrutiny

I am not impressed with the 2015 QB draft class and I do not want the Rams to waste a premium pick on the QB's available since I am generally a BPA guy but depending on what the Rams do in FA they may be tempted to reach for someone. In this draft it will be hard to find a 2015 insurance policy for Bradford and only slightly less so for 2016 and beyond so I say build the line where value meets need and build a wall to protect Bradford or some future QB.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
My guess would be if Mariota doesn't wind up in Philly then Hundley will, as I said earlier, to me it's very doubtful he isn't drafted on day 1.

Last edited:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'd take him in the second if I had enough holes filled already. It's a coin flip with him, but that's true with any marginal QB. It's less risky to take him than throw away a 3rd into Petty or any other QB that has zero chance of ever being more than a camp body.

I read over the last month rumors that the Eagles are in love with him since a move up for Mariota isn't going to happen. it makes since just because Kelly thinks he can fix any QB.

Ltrautman

MIZ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd take him in the second if I had enough holes filled already. It's a coin flip with him, but that's true with any marginal QB. It's less risky to take him than throw away a 3rd into Petty or any other QB that has zero chance of ever being more than a camp body.

I read over the last month rumors that the Eagles are in love with him since a move up for Mariota isn't going to happen. it makes since just because Kelly thinks he can fix any QB.
To say every other QB in the draft (other than Mariota, Winston, Hundley) has zero chance of being anything more than a camp body is pretty extreme. Petty will definitely get a chance to compete especially if he came to the Rams, he's got a lot of talent. Just because guys aren't graded in the top 2 rounds doesn't mean they have no chance at all.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
To say every other QB in the draft (other than Mariota, Winston, Hundley) has zero chance of being anything more than a camp body is pretty extreme. Petty will definitely get a chance to compete especially if he came to the Rams, he's got a lot of talent. Just because guys aren't graded in the top 2 rounds doesn't mean they have no chance at all.

He is an inaccurate spread QB that makes bad decisions and tends to miss high over the middle.The senior bowl tended to prove he can't read defenses or go through progressions. He's no better than Gilbert that the Rams drafted and cut last year.
So some team takes him in the 3rd cause they are desperate. They have to keep him on the roster for a couple years while he learns to how to be a real QB. And after that he can fight every year to stay on the roster as a back up.

If it was a easy conversion to the NFL for these kind of guys the league would be full of them since they are so plentiful. In a really good QB class he would very late round or UDFA.
I watched everyone of his games.
I just don't see taking a player that high that maybe be someday a avg. backup.