Brett Hundley?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ltrautman

MIZ
SI 2-RD Mock http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/04/20...ta-leonard-williams?page=2&devicetype=default

Overall this mock draft seems pretty realistic for now. I'm not sure Parker falls to 25 but otherwise it seemed all right. More importantly, it has the Rams taking Collins at 10 and going for Hundley at 41. I think Collins could be a solid pick but I feel like we could trade down a few spots and still pick him up. My real question comes in with Hundley. I don't see him as much of a fit in St. Louis and would rather see us go CB or WR with that pick. What do you think?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Everytime I watch Hundley I have flashbacks of Tony Banks. I was very excited when the Rams drafted Banks and subsequently was very disappointed shortly afterwards. Neither makes good decisions under even light pressure. They both seem overwhelmed, a la Austin Davis when teams really turned the heat up on him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rather take a shot with Garrett Grayson in the third round. Right Number, Right Helmet, we can't go wrong!
New_Mexico_Bowl_Football.4.jpg

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Just please say no to Hundley! Me personally, I like Bryce Petty.

Ltrautman

MIZ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree on liking Petty. He's got a good arm and can rumble for a few yards when he needs too; he's a pretty tough guy. A lot of people say he's a product of the Baylor system but I'll take my chances with him

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I agree on liking Petty. He's got a good arm and can rumble for a few yards when he needs too; he's a pretty tough guy. A lot of people say he's a product of the Baylor system but I'll take my chances with him

Quite frankly IMO I believe Petty will be on the Rams radar and I believe his age will actually be an asset.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm not an expert on the draft like some other posters that spend a lot more time looking at players and evaluating them, but I still get the feeling that 2nd round is way too high for Hundley given the negatives. Maybe somewhere in 5th-7th round range.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Just wondering how many here have actually followed Hundley's career

(not talking watching 1 or 2 games or "film")

My take --- you can take it to the bank he'll be a 1st round pick (rather or not he succeeds is a different topic)

I guess we'll just see.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I like Hundley any day over Petty for our second round pick IMO

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Hundley any day over Petty for our second round pick IMO

Okay, we need more than that my good sir, do you really feel Hundley can be a good NFL Quarterback? I've watched Hundley not a ton, but more than 7 games and it just never seemed like he through the ball down field that much. Every pass was the sideline screen or a quick slant nothing really that stretched the field.

Now I realize that Hundley is a great athlete and I feel will do well on the wonderlic and at the combine, but the ability to survey the field and come off his primary receiver seems to be in question.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
... but the ability to survey the field and come off his primary receiver seems to be in question.

Coach, if I may jump in,

Since I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree with the rest of that post I'll comment on what I do agree with and it's basically the $64,000 question (the only question in my opinion)

It's not that Brett doesn't have the "ability to survey the field and come off his primary receiver" because he does, (arm strength is not an BH issue btw) it's that in many instances he takes way too damn long to do so:) he added a new twist this past season by developing a most annoying penchant of tossing up ridiculous pic6's when pressured off the edge (a pre snap read thing in my book) and of course that's a problem.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's not that Brett doesn't have the "ability to survey the field and come off his primary receiver" because he does, (arm strength is not an BH issue btw) it's that in many instances he takes way too damn long to do so:) he added a new twist this past season by developing a most annoying penchant of tossing up ridiculous pic6's when pressured off the edge (a pre snap read thing in my book) and of course that's a problem.

So I am somewhat confused because if he has ability to come off his primary receiver, but gets sacked in the process, does that not prove my point? I never questioned his arm strength so I guess I should have posted, he takes too long once he realizes his primary target is covered and in 2013 took off and ran, but tried to find a secondary receiver and thus took the sack because he did not go through his progressions quick enough.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Um... you did notice the blue font, right? When we traded for Joyner, we hadn't drafted a QB whose surname began with G, but we did later. In fact, both his names began with G.

True, but he did not don the number 18 and was not Ram in college, however, I'm grasping at straws now.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Okay, we need more than that my good sir, do you really feel Hundley can be a good NFL Quarterback? I've watched Hundley not a ton, but more than 7 games and it just never seemed like he through the ball down field that much. Every pass was the sideline screen or a quick slant nothing really that stretched the field.

Now I realize that Hundley is a great athlete and I feel will do well on the wonderlic and at the combine, but the ability to survey the field and come off his primary receiver seems to be in question.

View: http://youtu.be/i2-V_AbmAn0

Yes it's a highlight video but how many slants and quick screens to you see him making? Seems as though he can throw the rock down field pretty accurately. I'd think he compares to a Colin Kaepernick type in the NFL which at this point I'd take compared to what we've had over the past 4+ years and would hands down be the best option we've had since Bulger. I like his height, weight, athletic ability, ability to read a defense, scrambling ability, I'm not sure if he is a run first QB which I don't think he is. I don't see the midget Petty being able to throw over and work with a NFL line. His throws and motions downfield seems a lot like he struggles to get ball there.

If I had to choose between the second tier QB's as of right now I'm going with Hundley.

His knocks from what I see is he comes from a spread offense which those growing pains are the usual with a spread QB, and it seems he could bulk up some to get a little more zip on the ball.

Wish we could draft Mariotta but that's not happening but I'd love this dude.

Athos

Legend
Hundley still seems like the wet dream you have about your super hot art teacher. (Everyone's had one, c'mon now.)

The dream is going great, the stage is set, you're about to tear all her clothes and boom. The dog charges in and all you're left with is a nasty mess to clean up and an incomplete dream.

---

That said, Hundley may be the only QB I even consider after Winston/Mariota. You either get Hundley or don't try any of these QBs at all. You trade for Glennon.