Brett Hundley?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Hundley still seems like the wet dream you have about your super hot art teacher. (Everyone's had one, c'mon now.)

The dream is going great, the stage is set, you're about to tear all her clothes and boom. The dog charges in and all you're left with is a nasty mess to clean up and an incomplete dream.

---

That said, Hundley may be the only QB I even consider after Winston/Mariota. You either get Hundley or don't try any of these QBs at all. You trade for Glennon.
Amen for that!lmao
btw my art teacher was a old lady :(
Ideally I'd love to draft Hundley and have him sit a year or two behind a healthy Bradford but that's just me hoping! lol
Ideally I'd love to have a restructured Bradford, Hundley, and a good vet type, maybe trade for Glennon or Foles? Hell, in that scenario I wouldn't mind having Hill back if we had the other two their TBH.

Athos

Legend
Only way I'd want Hundley is if he gets a full year/more on the bench and can actually pick up some things from Sam and Cignetti...like reading the field quicker.

Corbin

Only way I'd want Hundley is if he gets a full year/more on the bench and can actually pick up some things from Sam and Cignetti...like reading the field quicker.
I pray that'll be the case...Sam has all the ability in the world just need to stay healthy. Would be perfect for Hundley to sit and watch, Aaron Rodgers type of thing. I'm not sure if Bradford does play all 16-18 next year if he'd even be to go another 2-3 years after? That's where a guy like Hundley could come in and take over with confidence.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Rather take a shot with Garrett Grayson in the third round. Right Number, Right Helmet, we can't go wrong!
New_Mexico_Bowl_Football.4.jpg

That #18 on a Rams QB uniform sure does bring back some old memories (Some old GREAT memories!)!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If I had to choose between the second tier QB's as of right now I'm going with Hundley.

His knocks from what I see is he comes from a spread offense which those growing pains are the usual with a spread QB, and it seems he could bulk up some to get a little more zip on the ball.

Wish we could draft Mariotta but that's not happening but I'd love this dude.

Great highlights thanks and appreciate the info, but whoever the Rams select we will all get behind and it would be nice for the first time in the history of the Rams to have a Quarterback that was a threat to run. Haden could do that, but not at the level of Hundley.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I should know this but at my age my memory is NOT real good! Which QB's have worn #18 since Roman Gabriel retired? Anyone worthy???
I can't recall any. On the Rams that is.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I don't agree with everything here, but it's an honest look at Hundley from his Soph year.

Then watch this game, so you can truly see how bad his OL was all year. Click the link below.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/brett-hundley-vs-virginia-2014/

I think he's a first round pick, but I've already stated it many times. If you want to determine it for yourself, these are good to watch.
A lot of things he gets dinged for are not true, some of the things are true.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I don't agree with everything here, but it's an honest look at Hundley from his Soph year.

Then watch this game, so you can truly see how bad his OL was all year. Click the link below.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/brett-hundley-vs-virginia-2014/

I think he's a first round pick, but I've already stated it many times. If you want to determine it for yourself, these are good to watch.
A lot of things he gets dinged for are not true, some of the things are true.

I do like the fact that I know you really watched him - being a UCLA guy. Maybe others have as well but ...just sayin' And yeah - pretty bad O-line play.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I do like the fact that I know you really watched him - being a UCLA guy. Maybe others have as well but ...just sayin' And yeah - pretty bad O-line play.
They were like that most of the year, except for a stretch of a few games, games in which he was REALLY good. Part of the reason that I like him, is that he can take a beating--seems to be needed on our team. Lol. Although, I'm still wishful that we will fix that some day.

Memphis Ram

Legend
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Well-built with frame sturdy enough to handle rigors of the position. Asked to get through progressions and make decisions. Willing to stand in and take the hit when he zeroes in on his target. Willing to get take downfield shot and give his receiver a chance to make the play. Has the ability to maneuver inside of pocket to buy time. Poised enough from pocket. Has adequate release and enough arm when he sits down on his throws. Above-average foot quickness to escape pocket. Hit 57-yard playaction touchdown from under center against Washington in 2014 (just seven attempts under center all year). Good sense of pocket pressure and is decisive when he decides to bolt. Dangerous as a runner with enough speed to hit a big play on the ground. Dual-threat ability increases his effectiveness in red zone. Displays his toughness almost every time out.

WEAKNESSES
Hasn't shown an ability to win from the pocket yet. Protected by playaction-based short passing game that held linebackers and cornerbacks at bay. Internal clock is a mess. Has marginal anticipation, and appears to be lacking in ability to read defenses and create a pre-snap plan. Slow getting through progressions, taking 125 sacks in three years. Inconsistent weight transfer on throws, which affects accuracy (throws sail) and velocity. Needs to reset feet when swiveling from side to side while scanning for next target. Gets crowded in pocket rather than sliding to open space. Short-arms too many throws. Ineffective, inaccurate passer outside of pocket with lowest completion percentage in Pac-12 when scrambling (32.6 percent). Misses opportunities to climb pocket while keeping eyes downfield rather than taking off as a runner.

SOURCES TELL US
"Someone will draft him, but I don't think he will ever be a starter. He can't read coverages and struggles to process. It is going to take a few years before he looks like a backup in my opinion. He has a long way to go." -- AFC area scout

NFL COMPARISON
Jason Campbell

BOTTOM LINE

Hundley flashes athleticism and talent, but his basic quarterbacking issues will take time to improve. In 2014, more than 54 percent of his pass attempts were from six yards and in, including 29 percent from behind the line of scrimmage, which is nothing like an NFL offense. Hundley is a "flash" prospect who shows the physical tools to be a starter, but his internal clock and issues with reads and progressions must be improved to give him a shot at becoming a decent NFL starter.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/brett-hundley?id=2552588

Corbin

Great highlights thanks and appreciate the info, but whoever the Rams select we will all get behind and it would be nice for the first time in the history of the Rams to have a Quarterback that was a threat to run. Haden could do that, but not at the level of Hundley.
Never got to watch Haden play unfortunately. :(

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rather take a shot with Garrett Grayson in the third round. Right Number, Right Helmet, we can't go wrong!
New_Mexico_Bowl_Football.4.jpg

I agree on liking Petty. He's got a good arm and can rumble for a few yards when he needs too; he's a pretty tough guy. A lot of people say he's a product of the Baylor system but I'll take my chances with him
Both these young men sound like good choices, they'd be perfect if we can get one in the 3rd round or later!(y);)