Brandin Cooks Traded to Houston Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I don’t see that being the case for The Rams. Then again having Austin Blythe as a backup Center guard is not a bad thing. My evaluation does not change though. The Rams are not in position to WASTE a pick on a Center. They already did that with Brian Allen. I think they eat that pick & make the best of the situation.

Your solid at finding draft picks. So glad The Rams drafted Copper Kupp, but I believe I stated they would draft a TE first. Same this year with a RB.

What was your take on 2017 draft with Offensive Lineman ?? Did you want those 2 guys that went to the Chargers in Feeney and Lamp ??

I wanted Lamp. Would still trade for him if the Chargers wanted to dump him. His career has been ruined by injuries thus far. Seems like it's the Chargers curse. I think the Rams would be smart to go after a Center in the 3rd/4th round. I expect they will. Hennessy, Biadasz, Harris, and Cushenberry are all good players. I love Robert Hunt as a LG, but he's probably not a plug and play starter. Absolute mauler in the running game, though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wanted Lamp. Would still trade for him if the Chargers wanted to dump him. His career has been ruined by injuries thus far. Seems like it's the Chargers curse. I think the Rams would be smart to go after a Center in the 3rd/4th round. I expect they will. Hennessy, Biadasz, Harris, and Cushenberry are all good players. I love Robert Hunt as a LG, but he's probably not a plug and play starter. Absolute mauler in the running game, though.
This draft imo is huge. Will see the direction The Rams go. 2017 draft to me was pretty special & no offensive lineman were drafted. Kromer liked what he had. Nothing wrong with your thinking. For some reason though I see The Rams giving
Demby,Allen.Coleman all a shot to battle inside for a backup spot.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This draft imo is huge. Will see the direction The Rams go. 2017 draft to me was pretty special & no offensive lineman were drafted. Kromer liked what he had. Nothing wrong with your thinking. For some reason though I see The Rams giving
They did however sign 2 key free agents who started right away. Saying Kromer and McVay were content with what they had isn't accurate. They also added a couple UDFA.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think Demby blew his chance last year. I expect Chandler Brewer to be more competitive than Demby. He overtook him later in the season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Demby? Seriously? I don't even want think Allen deserves a shot. If I was the Coach my first order of business would be to get those two replaced and show them the door. Denby would have been released last March. This idea that Kromer can make chicken soup out of chicken shit hasn't panned out so well. I grew up watching that great Rams Oline of the 80's. That's how to have consistent success from year to year. Goff needs time and the RB needs holes. Without that the offense won't work. Imo Oline should be a top priority every year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You will not draft a starter at 52 or 57, and you need your picks instead of using them to move up.

You just have to develop the young guys you have. I mean you draft a guy this year and he struggles a little as a rookie, do you then draft over him next year?

Evans & Edwards are keepers in my view. Showed great improvement by end of year and should only get better.

Whitworth starts as will Blythe initially. Corbett and Havenstein have to step up. Simple as that.

So the only "starter" they might find is a center @ 52 and with a shortened offseason I doubt any rookie OL steps in and starts day one.

So sure add quality depth that can push Blythe & Corbett and or a LT prospect who can compete with Noteboom for Whitworth's job next year.

I'd never perscribe to this line of thinking. It's a bad idea to only draft for the coming year. Even if you think an Olineman will take a season to develop you take him if your line is a big weakness. It was a huge weakness last year, so even a guard of center taken in round 2 could outplay competition and start.

that line of thinking also applies to every single position on the team, outside of Special teams and especially with McVay who seems to have the idea of starting any rookies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the worst thing that could happen is cooks has a 1,500 yard 10 td year with the texans.

when week 1 starts he'd have had almost a years break from his last concussion. he will probably actually try harder now than the second half of last season.

if that happens the rams will look like the biggest dumb fucks in the league.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
the worst thing that could happen is cooks has a 1,500 yard 10 td year with the texans.
Not worried about that. I expect him to have a good season, Rams just need to turn that pick into a long term starter.

Gurley's the one who will probably leave everything on the field this year. He's home in Atlanta and will kill himself just about to have a great year so I expect that to happen. And the media will tear us up over it too btw. But he'll be out of the league in 2 years IMO.

dang

Legend

when week 1 starts he'd have had almost a years break from his last concussion. he will probably actually try harder now than the second half of last season.

if that happens the rams will look like the biggest dumb fucks in the league.

I wish nothing but good things for Cooks. I’d rather he have a 1200 yard 8 td season than have another concussion.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cooks could have a 1200 yard 10 td season and the Rams still cleaned up in this deal lol.

I agree. Both his and Gurley's contracts were big mistakes. This team has too many needs to be carrying those cap hits, even if both players were still productive. Getting a second round pick for Cooks is insane. One hit to the head and he could be done, and the way he ducks his head and takes the impact, it's likely to happen. I just wish they could have gotten a second rounder for Gurley :p

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was stumbling around, noticed Brandin Cooks has had a nice season in Houston.

26yds shy of 1,000, going into week 17.

2020 Receiving

RECTGTSYDSAVGTDLNGFDATTYDSAVGTDLNGFUMLST

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was stumbling around, noticed Brandin Cooks has had a nice season in Houston.

26yds shy of 1,000, going into week 17.

2020 Receiving

RECTGTSYDSAVGTDLNGFDATTYDSAVGTDLNGFUMLST

Im glad he has had a good year. I’m also glad that the Rams don’t have his contract to deal with.

Im sure the Rams could have used his speed this year, but the risk of another concussion was too much to rely on him anyway.

fearsomefour

Legend
Im glad he has had a good year. I’m also glad that the Rams don’t have his contract to deal with.

Im sure the Rams could have used his speed this year, but the risk of another concussion was too much to rely on him anyway.
Agreed.
I thought he got another concussion a couple of weeks ago but thankfully was not.
He had a stiff neck listed the next week.
When on the field he has basically always been productive.
That run of concussions with the Rams was scary.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cooks could have a 1200 yard 10 td season and the Rams still cleaned up in this deal lol.

Have to give Cooks credit, I was really concerned and early in the season, he still was tentative, but really came on after the injury and suspension to Will Fuller. Rams missed his speed, but I would still make the trade because I'm still concerned about his injury history.