Bradford's Future with the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRamsFan93

You don't say. I guess I got it right then.
I understand that people are not happy with the current situation. I am not happy with it either. That doesn't mean we should start getting snarky and editing what other people say to make a sarcastic point.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Tearing the same ACL twice within 9 mos. ? There is no way you can invest in that. Sad to say, it's time to move on. If I was SB, I would consider retirement and do something else. His knee is now going to be like DX's ... unstable and

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I understand that people are not happy with the current situation. I am not happy with it either. That doesn't mean we should start getting snarky and editing what other people say to make a sarcastic point.
I didn't edit what you said. You said it, didn't you?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Been saying this for years but got slammed all the time for stating the obvious. Bradford never stood tall in the pocket.
Do you watch the games or just read the articles?
I'm saying the latter.

This would have been the most talented team Sam would have played with. When he was drafted he was the only talent.

Hell, Warner sucked in NY. Was he a bad qb?

AZRamsFan93

I didn't edit what you said. You said it, didn't you?
You didn't include my entire post. Only the part you felt getting sarcastic about. That is called editing. Look it up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You didn't include my entire post. Only the part you felt getting sarcastic about. That is called editing. Look it up.
Alright, dude. Sorry I hurt your feelings.
Go ahead and spread some more propaganda about how Bradford *never* stood tall in the pocket.

AZRamsFan93

Alright, dude. Sorry I hurt your feelings.
Go ahead and spread some more propaganda about how Bradford *never* stood tall in the pocket.
I never said that. You pulled a quote from what I said and combined it with a quote from someone else that talked about "standing tall". Go look.

I said that pocket presence and mobility have always been his Achilles heel. I stand by that.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
In my opinion, Bradford is done in St Louis and probably the NFL. Either he is fragile; or Fisher brought him back too soon and didn't allow time for the injury to completely heal. When he went down last night it wasn't that big of a hit (much like last season's injury). Fisher gambled and hitched his wagon to Sam and he lost - it's as simple as that. I was one of the few that believed we should have drafted a QB (as insurance) in the 1st or 2nd round. Jeff rolled the dice and it didn't work out. Time for all of us to rally behind Hill and Davis (and even Gilbert for that matter).

I wouldn't necessarily agree Fisher brought him back too soon, by all the tests, etc., indicated he was sound, although deep healing is a question....but I agree with everything else you said. Sam is either jinxed or fragile, statistics indicate the later at this point.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Nothings going to happen till after the draft because there is no one to replace him now. Depending on who the Rams can get will decide his fate.
There's no guarantee that he would even be healed enough to play next season.
So it's all limbo.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, do you think the Rams will put Sam on IR or release him? I think that is going to be really tough decision. The nice thing to do would probably be put him on IR but the good business move would probably be release him (if, I am understanding all the facts correctly).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sam Bradford's injury last night and the very disappointing news this afternoon is devastating to all involved and my Prayers & Thoughts go out to Sam Bradford for a complete and quick as possible recovery. And, I am not trying to sound insensitive but are there any opinions on where this puts Bradford's future with the Rams? Can he fully recover from his injury? Can the Rams afford to pay him a pretty good salary if they don't know if he will ever be the same or play a full season again? Isn't his current contract up after this season?
I haven't the time to go through subsequent posts so I apologize for that. But I finally got to watch his first series against the Browns. I think if the Rams can restructure a deal and his heart is still really in the game, I'd like to see the Rams bring Bradford back under a restructured deal. I have no doubt he has the talent and the smarts. But it would honestly take a blind man to not see his potential to be injured until he proves otherwise. Green came back and became a very good QB. Sam can't? I think he can and will. I would love to see it be with the Rams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So, do you think the Rams will put Sam on IR or release him? I think that is going to be really tough decision. The nice thing to do would probably be put him on IR but the good business move would probably be release him (if, I am understanding all the facts correctly).
Man. I wish we could ask KD THAT question.

I would honestly like to restructure Sam's deal and let him be our #2 until he is actually fully healed. As much as many thought he was "recovered", I don't think he really was and when he is, he still has the talent. I don't fault Fish for putting him in. If anything Fish has shown a reluctance to push injured players. It just may be that Bradford has a longer healing schedule than some others.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I really wish there was a way to salvage this situation, but there isn't. It's time for the Rams to move on. I will hate to see it if someday Sam truly does recover and goes to a situation where he has talent around him, has good health, and lights it up. But I've accepted that's not going to happen with the Rams. Save the cap $$$ for Quinn and others coming up and start looking for someone in the draft.