Bradford's Future with the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Sam Bradford's injury last night and the very disappointing news this afternoon is devastating to all involved and my Prayers & Thoughts go out to Sam Bradford for a complete and quick as possible recovery. And, I am not trying to sound insensitive but are there any opinions on where this puts Bradford's future with the Rams? Can he fully recover from his injury? Can the Rams afford to pay him a pretty good salary if they don't know if he will ever be the same or play a full season again? Isn't his current contract up after this season?

A55VA6

Legend
Time to move on. 3 injured seasons out of 5 years. Uncertainty going into this year, and he got hurt. Uncertainty going into next year... ?

Rams can;t afford to keep holding on to Bradford. This sucks...

Vince15

I don't think "future" with the Rams is an option.

What's even scarier is how this impacts the team in St. Louis. They now HAVE to get off to a fast start in the W/L column considering the poor attendance in recent years. The true-blue fans won't be phased but the casual fans that make up the difference between good attendance and poor attendance are certainly going to be scared off by this news initially.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd keep him through his final year so he can mentor the back ups.

Marshall Faulk liked Austin Davis, I hope to God he's onto something. Davis played well last night, Hill did too.

Moostache

Rookie
Hill is not an NFL starter, period. He is an OK game manager and decent guy, but he has washed out everywhere he has gone for a reason - HE IS JUST NOT THAT GOOD.
Davis should get the first crack at it and then see if Gilbert can play at all under fire before taking QB in 2015 draft....for me its Mariota or Hundley....I would not touch Winston with a 20 foot pole...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I love Bradford - and I'd love him to get a new contract and another chance - but really with him missing this year and the end of last year?? I just can't believe he got hurt again.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not sure about Hill, or Davis....Gilbert at least had some serious success....too soon to really tell....But Bradford is like DX in my eyes...good player, officially injury prone

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Marshall Faulk liked Austin Davis, I hope to God he's onto something. Davis played well last night, Hill did too.
If you keep him you have to pay him his cap number this year is 17.6 mil next season its 16.5 million that's one serious mentor!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Austin Davis or Garrett Gilbert are never going to be starters. End of story. We need to draft a star.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Isn't his last contract year this year?

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I guess my new dream is to be able to draft the UCLA kid to come save our bacon. Problem is, I don't think he is near as good as Sam, fuck.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If you keep him you have to pay him his cap number this year is 17.6 mil next season its 16.5 million that's one serious mentor!

Yeah, I just can't cut him.

I still would have picked Robinson and Donald, though. I wouldn't have changed anything about the draft.

If Hill can stay clean and build chemistry with Quick and Britt, he could be every bit as good as Alex Smith. I do beleive it.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
As much as I believed Sam Bradford was going to be a winning QB for us going forward, you can't hinge your hopes on him.

It's time to move on.

F*#&!

StevenG-BR

Rookie
He's done for. At least with his current contract and current status as the unquestioned starting quarterback.

The Rams will do whatever they can do to field a capable QB in 2014, and they'll likely turn to the draft or free agency after the season.

Even if they bring Bradford back at a lower cost, no way do they not draft a QB high to provide competition.