Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Ram_Fan said:
I have always believed in Bradford. To me it was either the O-line and/or the WR's that didn't help Bradford out. Now that the O-line is more stable, and the WR's/TE's are better you will start to see what he can do with weapons.

Bradford and Stafford are a like to me in some ways, but Stafford has Megatron. Can you imagine if we have a WR like him that Bradford can throw it to?

agreed. but we do have weapons! maybe not a calvin j but we have several young receivers and a great te! lets get the ball to them for something with something more than screens or 4 yrd completions. maybe this was dictated by the az def? i dont know?
I believe a large part of the dink and dunk was to get our offense comfortable playing live gamr speed as a unit against a really good defense. As the season continues and this offense gets more comfortable with eachother the playbook will open and you will see more mid to deep routes. That being said Bradford hit 7 diff receivers yesterday for close to 300 yrds and 2 should be 3 tds 1 int and no sacks against a d that has some really good talent on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rabid Ram said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Ram_Fan said:
I have always believed in Bradford. To me it was either the O-line and/or the WR's that didn't help Bradford out. Now that the O-line is more stable, and the WR's/TE's are better you will start to see what he can do with weapons.

Bradford and Stafford are a like to me in some ways, but Stafford has Megatron. Can you imagine if we have a WR like him that Bradford can throw it to?

agreed. but we do have weapons! maybe not a calvin j but we have several young receivers and a great te! lets get the ball to them for something with something more than screens or 4 yrd completions. maybe this was dictated by the az def? i dont know?
I believe a large part of the dink and dunk was to get our offense comfortable playing live gamr speed as a unit against a really good defense. As the season continues and this offense gets more comfortable with eachother the playbook will open and you will see more mid to deep routes. That being said Bradford hit 7 diff receivers yesterday for close to 300 yrds and 2 should be 3 tds 1 int and no sacks against a d that has some really good talent on it.

and believe me, i hope youre right!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I agree that it was part of the strategy.

I suspect that they will open it up as the season, but most teams will have to take what the defense gives, so in that regard I'm not worried about it, because that's what I think this team can do better than anything we've seen in a long time :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"Dink and dunk."

Love the double standard that's applied to that term. It's actually funny. So when the defense gives us limitless checkdowns that go for gains equal to a good run, AND it's a successful method of moving the ball, then *our* QB is accused of dinking and dunking, or *our* OC is a horrible playcaller. Yet. When an offense does it against the Rams' defense, then it's soft coverage bullshit that we need to stop because the offense is "having its way" with our defense.

Straighten out your thought processes, people.

And hail to the King, baby!

nfl_u_sambradford_ch_400.jpg

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
X said:
"Dink and dunk."

Love the double standard that's applied to that term. It's actually funny. So when the defense gives us limitless checkdowns that go for gains equal to a good run, AND it's a successful method of moving the ball, then *our* QB is accused of dinking and dunking, or *our* OC is a horrible playcaller. Yet. When an offense does it against the Rams' defense, then it's soft coverage BS that we need to stop because the offense is "having its way" with our defense.

Straighten out your thought processes, people.

And hail to the King, baby!

nfl_u_sambradford_ch_400.jpg

Well said, X. But just because you've got a new granddaughter don't go acting like you're the biggest Bradford fan here. We both know that honor belongs to me. :gr:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BigRamFan said:
Well said, X. But just because you've got a new granddaughter don't go acting like you're the biggest Bradford fan here. We both know that honor belongs to me. :gr:
That's debatable. I have about 100 hours of video work that says otherwise...

SON.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
X said:
BigRamFan said:
That's debatable. I have about 100 hours of video work that says otherwise...

SON.

Yeah but...I've watched it all! Congrats on the win UM put on the Gators this week, btw.

fearsomefour

Legend
I dont know if the dink and dunk and totally by design or if Arizona was playing to take away deep throws, also, they did bring a lot of heat, Bradford didnt really have time to stand in the pocket for 3 seconds on a lot of plays.

Bottom line it:
Does Bradford have the physical skills teams look for at the NFL level? Height, size, arm strength? Yes
Is Bradford (this is going by what we have heard of course) a good team guy and a leader? All indications are Yes
Do his teammates believe in him? Again, everything we have heard is Yes.

The guy has never had a terrible season despitce all the well documented O line, receiver, coordinator issues he has had to deal with. The thing I wanted to see Bradford improve on, going through his reads quickly and getting rid of the ball, he was all over it yesterday to the tune of a 71% completetion percentage.

So, if he has the physcal skills, had leadership qualities is a hard worker and his teammates buy in, what would the doubt be?

The bottom line is, even if you dont 100% but into Sam there are no other alternative that even remotely make sense.

Bradford or bust.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lockdnram21 said:
Sorry but im still not a beliver I need more before I give him praise.
That doesn't even make sense to me.

Add in the drop by Cook as he was walking into the endzone, and he's 28-39 for 354 yards, 3 TDs, 1 int and a 2-point conversion that he booked into the endzone on a keeper, plus he engineered another 4th quarter comeback. What's he gotta do to earn the minimal respect of 'praise'? 500 yards and 4 TDs?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
lockdnram21 said:

Add in the drop by Cook as he was walking into the endzone, and he's 28-39 for 354 yards, 3 TDs, 1 int and a 2-point conversion that he booked into the endzone on a keeper, plus he engineered another 4th quarter comeback. What's he gotta do to earn the minimal respect of 'praise'? 500 yards and 4 TDs?

x, do you believe that bradford is one of the best, say top 10, qb in the nfl? i dont understand why everyone is blowing up because people have different opinions than they do of a certain player. i mean we are all hoping that he does well and that we win football games. my original comment of not believing that he can win a super bowl doesnt mean he had a shitty day yesterday. he played fine, in fact he played really good. that doesnt defeat the fact that i dont think he is in the top 5 qbs of this league. do i want him to be? of course!

bluecoconuts

Legend
DegenR(g)ambler said:
X said:
lockdnram21 said:

x, do you believe that bradford is one of the best, say top 10, qb in the nfl? i dont understand why everyone is blowing up because people have different opinions than they do of a certain player. i mean we are all hoping that he does well and that we win football games. my original comment of not believing that he can win a super bowl doesnt mean he had a shitty day yesterday. he played fine, in fact he played really good. that doesnt defeat the fact that i dont think he is in the top 5 qbs of this league. do i want him to be? of course!

In terms of talent Bradford is probably a top 5 or even top 3 QB. The question is will he bring it all together and will the team around him allow him to do so? His arm allows him to make any throw, he has great form, good feet, and he can make smart decisions. As he works on the little details, there's nothing about his play that suggests he wont reach that height. Is he there now? Of course not, these things take time. I don't think any of those young star QB's have the potential to be a top 3 guy other than Luck.

bskrilla

Starter
DegenR(g)ambler said:
X said:
lockdnram21 said:

x, do you believe that bradford is one of the best, say top 10, qb in the nfl? i dont understand why everyone is blowing up because people have different opinions than they do of a certain player. i mean we are all hoping that he does well and that we win football games. my original comment of not believing that he can win a super bowl doesnt mean he had a crappy day yesterday. he played fine, in fact he played really good. that doesnt defeat the fact that i dont think he is in the top 5 qbs of this league. do i want him to be? of course!

Even if I grant you that he can't be a top 5 qb in the league, which I don't think anybody can say one way or the other yet. What makes you think you have to be a top 5 qb or even a top 10 qb to win a superbowl?

Did you black out during the playoffs last year? I believe Joe Flacco was the qb for the SB champions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DegenR(g)ambler said:
X said:
lockdnram21 said:

Nobody is blowing up. People are taking umbrage with your classification of his being no better than below average QBs. You've since changed your assertion on that twice (three times, actually, because you changed it from "top 5" to "top 10" a second before I quoted you), so if you can drill down to one *thing*, then you'll probably get more reasonable discussion from it.

No, he's not a top 5 QB, and I never made that assertion. Top 10? I have no idea. What's your criteria for that? Honestly, I have no clue how you even gleaned that from my response above. And again, I don't know how you qualify or quantify anything you say about the guy. Make that known and we'll go from there.

Manning
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Roethlisberger
Ryan
maybe Schaub ...

Those are QBs that I think *right now* are better, but primarily because they have more experience and haven't been run through the gauntlet like Bradford has. Let the guy get some stability around him and let him build some chemistry with the team, and I'll probably reevaluate my rankings at season's end. Until then, I simply think of him as a very good QB who should now be coming into his own. Development happens at different paces, and read-option QBs (to me) should never be compared to pocket passers in terms of the dynamic they bring to their respective teams.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
DegenR(g)ambler said:
X said:
lockdnram21 said:

You're making a problem out of nothing...that's the reason everyone is "blowing up" on your opinion.

Top 5 and top 10 are so subjective...what's that based on? Super Bowl rings? It would be hard to find someone who thinks Peyton "goddamn" Manning isn't the best QB in the league (maybe ever) except he only has 1 Super Bowl in what 16 years? Maybe more?

I could care less about rankings and ratings and other shit. I want Ws and Sam is a big part of that.

A55VA6

Legend
I think Schotty needs to change things up. He might be holding Sam back with some of his playcalling.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
X said:
lockdnram21 said:

Now we're getting somewhere.. lol hope the blue font wasn't necessary!

tonyl711

Starter
don't understand how anyone can complain about Bradfords game yesterday, the offense moved the ball pretty much the entire game, penaltys stopped the first offensive series which the way they were moving I believe we get at least a FG out of, the Cooks fumble takes away 7 points, that's 10 points right there that if they were scored would have given us 37 points against a tretty good Defense. Sam was steady the entire game, didn't let the score bother him, and when the game was on the line he got the Rams 14 points and a win. Peterson took the deep ball away and Cook and Austin took what they were giving worked pretty well if you ask me.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Actually, Bradford got credit for a 47-yard pass play on that. So if Cook held on, it would have only added 8 yards. Still a 300-yard game.

nighttrain

Legend
Angry Ram said:
It was 24-13 @ one point.

The final score says otherwise and Sam was a big reason of it.

Considering all the penalties and piss poor field position b/c of that makes it even more impressive.

IDK what people want in a QB honestly.
guess the 130+ QB rating in the 4th quarter is just so-so stuff :boing:
train

Status
Not open for further replies.