1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bradford

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by DegenR(g)ambler, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RamsOfCastamere Well-Known Member

Bradford hasn't gotten to the point were he audibles when he knows Schotty called a bad play -- I'm talking about changing the entire play instead of a hot route. After the interception, I knew he seen that the draw to Richardson was a bad call, but he went along with it anyway. The same can be said by the play-action flat on your own 5 :grr: (Why would you call that knowing that the blitz was coming :roll: ).

Maybe it's because the young guys are still learning the playbook, or Bradford isn't that comfortable yet this season. I hope he is confident enough to do this a bit later this season, but I expect him to do that next year.

There has been lots of criticism about Bradford not taking shots deep this game. Maybe he wanted to, but it wasn't part of the game plan. An earlier article mentioned that Bradford and Schotty talked about being more efficient, taking check downs early to set up 2nd and short, and 3rd and short. That worked enough to get us the win today.

2. rams24/7 Well-Known Member

I'm just going to enjoy this win that I traveled 2,000 miles for. Sam was awesome and some can't accept that

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhMnLamHctA[/youtube]

3. jrry32 Well-Known Member

Some people will never be content with Bradford. If not for Cook's fumble, our offense scores 34 points today.

Bradford also led the Rams back from an 11 point 4th quarter deficit for only the 2nd time in team history. Prior to today, the Rams were 1-29 when down by 11 entering the 4th.

Can Bradford win us a Super Bowl? You better bet he can. If Joe Flacco can, Bradford can. Especially the Sam Bradford that has elevates his game in the clutch(4th quarter) over the last 17 games. It's good to know that when it comes to the 4th quarter, we have a QB that can drive 80+ yards for the game winning score. He's had 5 drives that started at our 20 late in the 4th quarter that resulted in go ahead scores over the last 17 games.

The team was sloppy today but Bradford played a good game. People need to give the guy a break for once. He's not Peyton Manning...but other than Peyton Manning, who is? Seems like people have unrealistic expectations.

4. A55VA6 Shutdown Corner

Pretty much this.

5. Graphicker Well-Known Member

Brady went 7-7 for 36 yards.. But yeah lol. I would be somewhat okay with this if we lost. Give the Kid a break, I believe that 70% of the players Spags and Billy drafted are out of the league. He was handed a crappy roster and has never once complained. He earned my respect in that Cleveland game where a 300lbs line men landed on his ankle(sprained) and only missed one series.
    If Sam Bradford fails it won't be because of his work ethic. The kid lives and breathes football.. Even Marc Bulger suffered because of the constant hits.. Sam has taken his fair share of licks these last 3 years. Almost, took us to the playoffs his rookie year..

Was Eli manning touted as a SB champ? No.
    Was Flacco considered a franchise QB? No.
    Was Brady considered a Franchise QB? No.
    Was Warner touted as a Franchise QB? No.

This is Sams make or break it year. So far so good!
    How can you not be impressed? He stepped up and delivered.
    Russel Wilson struggled mightly today but all is fine because he pulled out a dub.. That's all that matters in the NFL! Wins..
    So far so good.. My focus is on the Falcons who will be looking for
    Blood in there home opener.

6. max Well-Known Member

Nice post.

Some of those play calls did look just terrible.

I didn't have a problem with them not taking a lot of shots downfield. It was the play-calling in the red zone that I really hated.

7. Stranger How big is infinity?

I love Sam and a big fan, but there was also that bad throw to AP in the back of the end zone. Yet, I didn't see anything today from Sam that makes me want to complain about his play. From where I sit, he's one of the team's strong points.

If there was anything that I was unhappy about, it was the play calling on both sides of the ball. Our secondary played to soft, and the O ran too many inside the tackles. Where's the wide open offense that I thought we were getting? I'd really like to hear from CoachO again to see if what we saw from the offense on Sunday resembles what he watched during training camp.

8. albefree69 Well-Known Member

So it's trolling if you say something negative about a Rams player? Wasn't being able to post your views without being beat up by your fellow posters part of the reason why you post here?

You should have been a "had not" on this post had.

9. EastRam Well-Known Member

It's not trolling by posting negative observations about any player.

As for SB. Sure he has a ton of room to improve.

Some observations in this thread are correct.

Didn't get out of the between the tackle play by DR when the D clearly showed middle blitz. The bad throw to Pettis in the back of the EZ, and he should have thrown back shoulder to Cook in the corner of the EZ when the DB was behind Cook.

Also should have gotten out of the end around to TA when the entire AZ D shifted to the motion side where TA was headed.

Also Shotty should have ran a few plays faking that end around before actually running it. Or at least some of the same formations featuring TA in that position.

What did Shotty expect? The AZ D not to follow TA with that running play being the first look of TA running?

10. bskrilla Well-Known Member

It's play calling. Patrick Peterson was covering Givens. He's the best CB in the league and he eliminated our deep threat almost completely. What they were giving the rams was the middle routes and they exploited them.

As for not scoring when inside the 5 after that pick. I'd lay that almost completely at the playcallers feet. First play was a pass in the flats to Richardson who was just well covered. Second was a run. Sam can't do anything about those 2. Third was a pass I believe, but the coverage was tight.

I have a hard time complaining about an offense that scored 27 points when they had a "bad" day.

11. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Really?

If you stopped at average, maybe you could make an argument. It wouldn't be mine, but maybe you could. Below average QBs are backups. 2nd stringers. If I posted a list of every backup QB in the league, that statement wouldn't hold water. And I'm sorry if it hurts the feelings of the realist contingent, but that is a trolling statement based on the lack of substance it contains.

First, if you're able to, isolate his performance from the rest of the team and tell us WHAT makes him a below average QB. Where is he lacking, and how can you qualify it? Does he have a noodle arm? Is he terribly inaccurate? Does he hold the ball too long? Is he a prima donna? Does he fail to perform in the clutch? Put something out there that can actually be debated, and perhaps you can get some feedback that isn't inversely proportional to the statement you just made.

And after a win? Yeah, I gotta wonder what that's about.

12. nighttrain Well-Known Member

I quit on this thread on the first post, went to the last page. The Dude still Abides..
    train
    ps I thot the play calling in first half was vintage Rams, that's unfortunate because that's exact who this team is not. DR is not a go to RB, 2nd half adjustments on offense, huge.

13. Sgt. Ram the present moment is all you will ever have

Amen brother!

14. DegenR(g)ambler Well-Known Member

lets get past the homerism for a minute. again, i will cheer for bradford since he is our qb but tell me why you think he is better than these mid tier quarterbacks????

rivers
    stafford
    kapernick
    newton
    dalton
    wilson
    luck

15. albefree69 Well-Known Member

Mid tier is not below average and none of these QBs is below average and some of them are quite a bit above average. I understand your frustration with SB as I share some of it myself. However, you got a little carried away IMO.

16. rdlkgliders Hugo Bezdek

For those who don't believe no evidence will ever be enough.
    It would be great to have the single best player at every position on your roster.
    It is just not reality.

17. max Well-Known Member

Wow. I missed that "below avg qb" statement.

That's just absurd.

Below avg qb's don't bring their teams back to win when they are down 11 pts in the 4th quarter.

18. bskrilla Well-Known Member

This.

Again, if Cook doesn't fumble on the 1 yard line Bradford's line is 300 yards 3TD's and 1 int. Someone's going to be upset about that?

19. fastcat Well-Known Member

Bradford is a better qb than rivers, stafford, and dalton. Not really fair to compare him to the really mobile qbs that will take off and run becuase that's not sams game. And Luck looks to be elite or very well on his way to being.

On a side note my bro went to the game and he said 98% of the time the routes our recievers ran were short and intermediate. So play calling was a little suspect, but I guess it was the gameplan.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

20. nighttrain Well-Known Member

Even though Cook was so surprised to be so open and forgot to take care of the football, which cost Bradford and the Rams a TD, still a 100.7 passing rating and 7.8 yds per attempt for SB. These are not #'s an average QB puts up.
    train

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.