Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
DegenR(g)ambler said:
lets get past the homerism for a minute. again, i will cheer for bradford since he is our qb but tell me why you think he is better than these mid tier quarterbacks????

rivers
stafford
kapernick
newton
dalton
wilson
luck

You should quit before you lose all credibility.

Anyone who knows anything about football wouldn't consider guys like Luck and Kaepernick mid-tier QBs. Those guys are dynamic big time players.

Do you actually watch these guys play?

Sounds to me like your barometer for measuring QB quality is way too high.

V3

Hall of Fame
X said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
but he's not much better than any other avg or below avg qb in the NFL
Really?

If you stopped at average, maybe you could make an argument. It wouldn't be mine, but maybe you could. Below average QBs are backups. 2nd stringers. If I posted a list of every backup QB in the league, that statement wouldn't hold water. And I'm sorry if it hurts the feelings of the realist contingent, but that is a trolling statement based on the lack of substance it contains.

First, if you're able to, isolate his performance from the rest of the team and tell us WHAT makes him a below average QB. Where is he lacking, and how can you qualify it? Does he have a noodle arm? Is he terribly inaccurate? Does he hold the ball too long? Is he a prima donna? Does he fail to perform in the clutch? Put something out there that can actually be debated, and perhaps you can get some feedback that isn't inversely proportional to the statement you just made.

And after a win? Yeah, I gotta wonder what that's about.

Amen, brother.

One could argue about many things in that game but I'm not sure Bradford was one of them. And if you insist on complaining about him, at least point out specifics.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
fastcat said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
lets get past the homerism for a minute. again, i will cheer for bradford since he is our qb but tell me why you think he is better than these mid tier quarterbacks????

rivers
stafford
kapernick
newton
dalton
wilson
luck

Bradford is a better qb than rivers, stafford, and dalton. Not really fair to compare him to the really mobile qbs that will take off and run becuase that's not sams game. And Luck looks to be elite or very well on his way to being.

On a side note my bro went to the game and he said 98% of the time the routes our recievers ran were short and intermediate. So play calling was a little suspect, but I guess it was the gameplan.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I think Bradford is right there with Stafford right now. He's not 'elite' right now but fix a couple things and he'll be up there. If Vick sucks tonight for me I'm definitely starting Bradford in my main fantasy league next week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
max said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:

rivers
stafford
kapernick
newton
dalton
wilson
luck

Anyone who knows anything about football would consider guys like Luck and Kaepernick mid-tier QBs. Those guys are dynamic big time players.

go look at anyones qb rankings all over the internet and you will see that bradford is ranked around 20ish in everyones list. and the qbs i listed earlier are all above him.

DegenR(g)ambler said:
max said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:

rivers
stafford
kapernick
newton
dalton
wilson
luck

Anyone who knows anything about football would consider guys like Luck and Kaepernick mid-tier QBs. Those guys are dynamic big time players.

go look at anyones qb rankings all over the internet and you will see that bradford is ranked around 20ish in everyones list. and the qbs i listed earlier are all above him.

and all of the talk abt he's not elite yet, but will be etc is all fine. my comments are based solely what ive seen from him over the last 2-3 yrs. you cant give a guy credit for something he hasnt done yet!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sam can get the ball to people who can win a Super Bowl,so I like him, what others "think" is their cross to bear.

I'm pretty sure if we'd had Palmer yesterday and they'd had Bradford ,they would have won,our QB WOULD have been sacked 4 times and theirs possibly not at all.

Next week he gets to match up against another very good QB , against a team that won't be able to ignore our TE which will open our run game more and our long ball, I think Sam is completely capable of exploiting that team who scored 17 yesterday and IMO has a worse defense than the Cards.

I don't burn incense at the Sam Bradford alter but I think he's well above average ,has a great HC, some elite level weapons to throw to and will win when he isn't sacked.

I truly can't wait to see what he does to defenses when they start collapsing on Cook and Kendricks ,I hope Givens/Quick/Austin can stay patient they are gonna see some wide open fields at time this year.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Thordaddy said:
Sam can get the ball to people who can win a Super Bowl,so I like him, what others "think" is their cross to bear.

I'm pretty sure if we'd had Palmer yesterday and they'd had Bradford ,they would have won,our QB WOULD have been sacked 4 times and theirs possibly not at all.

Next week he gets to match up against another very good QB , against a team that won't be able to ignore our TE which will open our run game more and our long ball, I think Sam is completely capable of exploiting that team who scored 17 yesterday and IMO has a worse defense than the Cards.

I don't burn incense at the Sam Bradford alter but I think he's well above average ,has a great HC, some elite level weapons to throw to and will win when he isn't sacked.

I truly can't wait to see what he does to defenses when they start collapsing on Cook and Kendricks ,I hope Givens/Quick/Austin can stay patient they are gonna see some wide open fields at time this year.

That's the way I see it too.

I'm really looking forward to see how the offense looks in Atlanta. I don't think the Falcons D is as good as the Cards. They don't have as much talent on that side of the ball. Sam could have a breakout game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DegenR(g)ambler said:

rivers
stafford
kapernick
newton
dalton
wilson
luck

A "mid tier" QB led his team to a Super Bowl title last year.

But it's week 1...maybe we should give Bradford an opportunity to show what he's made of before labeling him as average to below average and mid tier this year.

Regardless of it all, I don't care if he's "mid tier" if he's playing good football and we're winning.

I'll leave worrying about where he ranks on a list of QBs to the fantasy football players out there.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Wow...just wo :oops: I can not believe after Bradford completes over 70% of his passes with new weapons who haven't played one game with him and throws one int that was a fluke people are pilling on him....judge fast...you'll die slow....one game does not make a season

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Not fair to judge Bradford on what you have seen the "last 2-3 years". Judge him on what you saw yesterday and what you see moving forward, because this isn't the same Rams team and it's not the same Bradford running around trying to 1) Not get killed while 2) Trying to find somebody with enough ability to get some seperation.
We have a re-tooled line and multiple offensive weapons we didn't have in the past, coupled with the fact the guy is playing in the same syystem for the first time in his career. Even to the casual fan (like say my wife) who can sometimes say some really idiotic things, Sam Bradford had a good day yesterday.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
max said:
Thordaddy said:

That's the way I see it too.

I'm really looking forward to see how the offense looks in Atlanta. I don't think the Falcons D is as good as the Cards. They don't have as much talent on that side of the ball. Sam could have a breakout game.
IMO Calais Cambell and Darnel Docket are two of the leagues top twenty defensive player,I can't say Atlanta has one top twenty player, they have some nice players Samuel,Osi, Babineaux, but overall IMO they just aren't as talented and we CAN sack their QB.

Further I think we got in front of a much more elusive back in Mendenhall than SJ ,we're gonna have to tackle him when we get there ,but I think we'll be in position to shut him down.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
DegenR(g)ambler said:

rivers
stafford
kapernick
newton
dalton
wilson
luck
Still not posting anything to back your statement. Some people will never be satisfied. Sam played well yesterday and for the most part last year. He keeps improving and is playing with the YOUNGEST team in the league. There is going to be a learning curve for our offense. But 1st live speed game Sam for the most part outplayed palmer and bad play calling by shotty in the redzone gave you an opportunity to troll.

Troll= posting negative comments with no backup to your claim even after said player played well but ends said statement with let the fight begin. Then proceeds to do same action while calling supporters homers. Yet still post no stats or defense to your claim

Its sounds to me you were looking for a fight.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I have always believed in Bradford. To me it was either the O-line and/or the WR's that didn't help Bradford out. Now that the O-line is more stable, and the WR's/TE's are better you will start to see what he can do with weapons.

Bradford and Stafford are a like to me in some ways, but Stafford has Megatron. Can you imagine if we have a WR like him that Bradford can throw it to?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Look guys, Bradford is not a pro-bowl QB quite yet but he is more than capable to leading this team to victory. His past experiences as the QB of the Rams have given him a pretty good education. He's been pressured, sacked, played from behind, had many passes dropped, had some questionable play calling, etc. and he is still standing. He doesn't have the deer in the headlights look anymore. He has developed a pretty darn good pocket awareness. He has above average accuracy, above average arm strength. He can scramble at least average, and really has decent speed when he does run. In my eyes, he only had two bad throws/decisions in week one and we don't even know all the circumstances on those two plays. One was when he threw to Austin Pettis short of a 1st down on a 3rd down play and the other was the deflected pick six.

We are all passionate Rams fans and we so desperately want perfection from our stars and Bradford is basically our biggest star but this is the NFL and even the "elite" QBs throw INTs, fumble, and make mental errors from time to time. We have been used to needing perfection from our best players to win. That has changed, officially, as of yesterday. We saw our team screw the pooch numerous times and still come away with the W. So we really need to let SB happen. Marvel at the results because they are coming. And they are coming this Sunday in ATL. I envision Bradford lighting it up on the road and shocking one of the pre-season Super Bowl favorites. Take that to the bank!

Rabid Ram said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:

rivers
stafford
kapernick
newton
dalton
wilson
luck
Still not posting anything to back your statement. Some people will never be satisfied. Sam played well yesterday and for the most part last year. He keeps improving and is playing with the YOUNGEST team in the league. There is going to be a learning curve for our offense. But 1st live speed game Sam for the most part outplayed palmer and bad play calling by shotty in the redzone gave you an opportunity to troll.

Troll= posting negative comments with no backup to your claim even after said player played well but ends said statement with let the fight begin. Then proceeds to do same action while calling supporters homers. Yet still post no stats or defense to your claim

Its sounds to me you were looking for a fight.

i did say something to back my statement, i mentioned the rankings that have him listed as a #20 ish qb in the nfl. if anyone resorted to name calling it was someone saying that i am a troll or to change my diaper! i did not call anyone a homer, because im a rams homer! i said put aside the "homerism" (bias). and i wasnt looking for a fight, just some opinion on why i shouldnt feel the way i do or have the opinion that i have. didnt mean to hurt anyones feelings for making a statement about "OUR" quarterback! hopefully as the season progresses i will be proven wrong but as for now homerism/bias put aside, there are several qbs in the league that are better or equal to a sam bradford. sorry again bro.

bradford had a good game yesterday no doubt and if he is the dink and dunk qb as shown in one game yesterday then so be it. that can definitely get us to the playoffs!

Ram_Fan said:
I have always believed in Bradford. To me it was either the O-line and/or the WR's that didn't help Bradford out. Now that the O-line is more stable, and the WR's/TE's are better you will start to see what he can do with weapons.

Bradford and Stafford are a like to me in some ways, but Stafford has Megatron. Can you imagine if we have a WR like him that Bradford can throw it to?

agreed. but we do have weapons! maybe not a calvin j but we have several young receivers and a great te! lets get the ball to them for something with something more than screens or 4 yrd completions. maybe this was dictated by the az def? i dont know?

Ramhusker said:
Look guys, Bradford is not a pro-bowl QB quite yet but he is more than capable to leading this team to victory. His past experiences as the QB of the Rams have given him a pretty good education. He's been pressured, sacked, played from behind, had many passes dropped, had some questionable play calling, etc. and he is still standing. He doesn't have the deer in the headlights look anymore. He has developed a pretty darn good pocket awareness. He has above average accuracy, above average arm strength. He can scramble at least average, and really has decent speed when he does run. In my eyes, he only had two bad throws/decisions in week one and we don't even know all the circumstances on those two plays. One was when he threw to Austin Pettis short of a 1st down on a 3rd down play and the other was the deflected pick six.

We are all passionate Rams fans and we so desperately want perfection from our stars and Bradford is basically our biggest star but this is the NFL and even the "elite" QBs throw INTs, fumble, and make mental errors from time to time. We have been used to needing perfection from our best players to win. That has changed, officially, as of yesterday. We saw our team screw the pooch numerous times and still come away with the W. So we really need to let SB happen. Marvel at the results because they are coming. And they are coming this Sunday in ATL. I envision Bradford lighting it up on the road and shocking one of the pre-season Super Bowl favorites. Take that to the bank!

great post! this is all im trying to say. your just a better linguist than i am!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sam Bradford is the best young most promising QB the Rams have had since the early 70's. Sam has played & survived on two of the worst NFL teams Rams 2010 & 2011 seen in the NFL in a decade. Last yr he made a comeback from a bad ankle injury and done well.

Now he has a new four new OL'ers playing in new positions (Turner was his primary Center last season) Sam has a new starting TE & Slot receiver & a new primary RB. Gone are RB Steven Jackson, WR Danny Amendola, WR Brandon Gibson, TE Mulligan, OL Richardson, OL Hunter, OC Turner & FB Brit Miller....its a new offensive cadre.

The above gone pieces have been replaced by RB Cunningham & Stacy, WR's Austin & Bailey, TE Jared Cook, OL'ers Barrett Jones, Jake Long & Brandon Washington & FB Eric Stevens.

nighttrain

Legend
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
Wow...just wo :oops: I can not believe after Bradford completes over 70% of his passes with new weapons who haven't played one game with him and throws one int that was a fluke people are pilling on him....judge fast...you'll die slow....one game does not make a season
comments demaning SB after y'days game make me wonder what the hell game he, or they, were watching :shock:
train

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It was 24-13 @ one point.

The final score says otherwise and Sam was a big reason of it.

Considering all the penalties and piss poor field position b/c of that makes it even more impressive.

IDK what people want in a QB honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.