Bradford requests a trade, wont participate, will he retire?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Some of you guys :) it's always been "like moths to a flame" with the usual suspects weighing in...keep it going tho, pretty much nothing to really read about during this down time.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
IDK, but it seems as though Sam doesn't have the balls to stand up to his agent. When he came to the Rams and got his 50 extra large, I remember hearing about how he was living in a small condo and driving a non-descript white pickup truck. He was super happy living in the two bedroom with his two dogs, just a normal guy. Now he isn't accepting generous offers from the team that made him extremely rich while he was injured for a lot of his tenure.
Then he decides to become a diva in his situation the birds. Too good to compete for a job apparently, wow who whispered that in his ear?
Something has definitely changed here. I think Condon is running that show, pretty lame if that's the case.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
IDK, but it seems as though Sam doesn't have the balls to stand up to his agent. When he came to the Rams and got his 50 extra large, I remember hearing about how he was living in a small condo and driving a non-descript white pickup truck. He was super happy living in the two bedroom with his two dogs, just a normal guy. Now he isn't accepting generous offers from the team that made him extremely rich while he was injured for a lot of his tenure.
Then he decides to become a diva in his situation the birds. Too good to compete for a job apparently, wow who whispered that in his ear?
Something has definitely changed here. I think Condon is running that show, pretty lame if that's the case.

I dunno about all that. How does his agent benefit from his reputation being destroyed, or possibly being traded to a new team? The new team would take on the contract, there would be no new money, meaning no new money for the agent. This is all Sam, if you ask me.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I dunno about all that. How does his agent benefit from his reputation being destroyed, or possibly being traded to a new team? The new team would take on the contract, there would be no new money, meaning no new money for the agent. This is all Sam, if you ask me.
Well, he seemed like a real humble guy at first. Don't get that feeling anymore. Did the $50 million change him, or is he being influenced by his people? I certainly have no idea exactly what's going on there, just a theory I'm throwing out there. I wonder about his leadership ability, that's my point.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i wouldn't say that. the agent needs his player to last in the league as long as possible earning starter money.

there's a stigma when a qb is benched for a rookie that is hard to shake off. shining example is kurt. people see him benched for someone like bulger, they say he doesn't have it anymore. benched for a woefully inept rookie in manning, he starts to become the butt of jokes. benched for the horrible leinart, he's done as a qb in the nfl. of course he was nowhere near done. he just needed a coach who would let him be him and when he did kurt showed what he was, a champion.

so, the agent doesn't want his guy benched for a rookie. it's a career killer. and let's face it, sam is no kurt. i don't think he can fight his way out of that stigma.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
i wouldn't say that. the agent needs his player to last in the league as long as possible earning starter money.

there's a stigma when a qb is benched for a rookie that is hard to shake off. shining example is kurt. people see him benched for someone like bulger, they say he doesn't have it anymore. benched for a woefully inept rookie in manning, he starts to become the butt of jokes. benched for the horrible leinart, he's done as a qb in the nfl. of course he was nowhere near done. he just needed a coach who would let him be him and when he did kurt showed what he was, a champion.

so, the agent doesn't want his guy benched for a rookie. it's a career killer. and let's face it, sam is no kurt. i don't think he can fight his way out of that stigma.

Good point. I hadn't thought about it that way. Being benched would cost him down the road. But so does holding out like a baby. I'm still in the camp that being benched would cost him less, had he shown up and competed. Teams would still want him based on what he put on tape when he did get to start. The way he's acting right now, he might not have anything put on tape if he's just going to let Wentz win without competition.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good point. I hadn't thought about it that way. Being benched would cost him down the road. But so does holding out like a baby. I'm still in the camp that being benched would cost him less, had he shown up and competed. Teams would still want him based on what he put on tape when he did get to start. The way he's acting right now, he might not have anything put on tape if he's just going to let Wentz win without competition.

i think once mandatory camp starts he will be there. they both probably saw an opportunity in denver but they wouldn't pay what the eagles wanted and then drafted their qb. so there's nothing out there for them.

he'll come back for camp, everyone says they're happy and we won't hear of him again.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
bradford-deer.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam Bradford - QB - Eagles

Sam Bradford will report to the Eagles' facility on Monday, ending his two-week holdout.

Look at that. Bradford decides to show up to work. After stomping his feet and throwing a temper tantrum about the Eagles using the No. 2 overall pick on Carson Wentz, Bradford pouted at home for a couple weeks because he wasn't being handed the starting job. Maybe he took a long, hard look in the mirror at his average self and realized he hasn't done a thing to be handed an NFL starting gig. Now, Bradford and Wentz can get on with this summer competition.

Per rotoworld

Tad ah!!!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
according to msn.com, Sam Bradford is back in attendance for Eagles voluntary workouts with team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
according to msn.com, Sam Bradford is back in attendance for Eagles voluntary workouts with team.
He punked out. Now the fans in Philly will abuse him, and they should. If he's gonna hold out for a trade, which I thought was stupid on his part, at least follow the plan. Now his teammates have even less respect than they had already already for him because he can't handle the competition with a rookie that won't see the field anyway, unless he gets himself injured (again)

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fans in Philly are not happy with Sam.The fans in Philly are brutal. Every errant pass, every sack, every missed open receiver every interception, the Philly fans are going to rake SB over the coals. I can hear the chants already: "Wentz! Wentz! Wentz!
Sam you didn't just step on your dyck, you dropped a bowling ball on it.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Fans in Philly are not happy with Sam.The fans in Philly are brutal. Every errant pass, every sack, every missed open receiver every interception, the Philly fans are going to rake SB over the coals. I can hear the chants already: "Wentz! Wentz! Wentz!
Sam you didn't just step on your dyck, you dropped a bowling ball on it.

Philly fans, that's gonna do it? These are the same jokers that ragged on the best QB they ever had since Randall Cunningham (Donovan) and booed Andy Reid out of town. They don't even like Carson Wentz or the trade up to get him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I still can't believe how hard the media went after Sam. I don't why but it just irks the shit out of me. I've never seen a player insulted with such fervor. And all he did was miss a few voluntary practices.

Meanwhile fletcher cox is still holding our for more money. Not a peep about him from any of these media bozos.

I think they're just jealous of the amount of money Sam had made and are taking out their frustrations on him. I hate to bore all of you but i can't stand them and wanted to vent about them. Especially the clown man who wouldn't know his head from his arsehole.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I still can't believe how hard the media went after Sam. I don't why but it just irks the crap out of me. I've never seen a player insulted with such fervor. And all he did was miss a few voluntary practices.

Meanwhile fletcher cox is still holding our for more money. Not a peep about him from any of these media bozos.

I think they're just jealous of the amount of money Sam had made and are taking out their frustrations on him. I hate to bore all of you but i can't stand them and wanted to vent about them. Especially the clown man who wouldn't know his head from his arsehole.

Anytime a player demands a trade fans and media turn on him. Hell even if a player just holds out he gets trampled. This is SOP.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

I still can't believe how hard the media went after Sam. I don't why but it just irks the crap out of me. I've never seen a player insulted with such fervor. And all he did was miss a few voluntary practices.

One holds out for money. One holds out because he's afraid of competition. HUGE difference. That's why you don't hear a peep about Cox. Every year, many players do what he's doing. Very rarely does a situation like Sam's arise. Hence the attention he gets. But I agree, it went too far.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Bottom Line is, Bradford's Back in Camp and the Players Know that Sam is the only QB on the Roster that they can Win with right now! Wentz won't be ready for a while, and every game counts! Their going to have a really had time trying to beat Dallas this year! JMHO

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
One holds out because he's afraid of competition.

Who said he's scared? Now you are just making stuff up. It's simple. He got told he'll he is the starting QB. I would bet if the team drafted a QB in the middle rounds to develop for a few years, Sam wouldn't have asked for a trade. Carson Wentz is gonna start sooner rather than later, and Sam knows that.