Bradford requests a trade, wont participate, will he retire?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, the way nfl live has gone after Sam is getting ridiculous now. Yesterday they asked the 3 panel members if they would rather have Sam or Gabbert as their qb. They all said Gabbert. Haha, bozos. They keep bringing up the money. They are so jealous of him for being in the right place at the right time. It's not his fault teams keep throwing money at him. Everybody at espn had money envy.

Also, they take potshots at him throughout the show. Example, when talking about sproles Wingo said he's gone all Sam Bradford. Like Sam invented missing a couple of voluntary otas. They won't give up.

Money envy i tell ya. Except wilbon and kornheiser. They were the only ones that said if what happened to Sam happened to them they would have been on the phone to their agent telling him to get them the hell out of that team.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see what the big deal is. Seems like some think he should just take the money and be happy, yet the same people complain that he's over paid and hasn't done anything. The guy obviously wants to EARN his money. Why invest in a team that hasn't invested in you? He's obviously not in their future plans, so I don't blame him for wanting out. He wants to start somewhere and be the guy under center, that's what is contract also says. You don't pay a guy that much just to play a season (or two) and then send him on his way. It really has nothing to do with competing.
Doesn't matter what Sam wants. He signed a contract and he needs to play. If the Eagles say "we've decided that after this year were gonna roll with the rookie" then you play your year, take your money, and use the year as an audition for new teams. You get paid, you do what they ask of you.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doesn't matter what Sam wants. He signed a contract and he needs to play. If the Eagles say "we've decided that after this year were gonna roll with the rookie" then you play your year, take your money, and use the year as an audition for new teams. You get paid, you do what they ask of you.

And what Sam did was sit out some of the VOLUNTARY sessions. Things that his contract do NOT require him to attend. Seems to me that people waving the contract banner forget that he has always been in full compliance with his contract. He just was saying that since the QB situation has changed significantly from when he signed the contract, and was a lot different than what he expected (and apparently what the Eagles said, or what he interpreted their comments as meaning) that he should be traded to a team that wanted him as a possible long term guy. Which is fully his right to ask for. He can't demand that and say he won't honor his contract otherwise - but since he never did that, I'm not sure what people's problems are. He missed some of the voluntary appearances - not even all of them. Meanwhile others are missing more of them and criticism is strangely lacking.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And what Sam did was sit out some of the VOLUNTARY sessions. Things that his contract do NOT require him to attend. Seems to me that people waving the contract banner forget that he has always been in full compliance with his contract. He just was saying that since the QB situation has changed significantly from when he signed the contract, and was a lot different than what he expected (and apparently what the Eagles said, or what he interpreted their comments as meaning) that he should be traded to a team that wanted him as a possible long term guy. Which is fully his right to ask for. He can't demand that and say he won't honor his contract otherwise - but since he never did that, I'm not sure what people's problems are. He missed some of the voluntary appearances - not even all of them. Meanwhile others are missing more of them and criticism is strangely lacking.
I have no problem with him sitting out voluntary workouts. Like others have said, it's the demanding a trade because his successor was drafted. If Sam Bradford comes out next year and lights the league on fire I'm willing to bet that the Eagles staff would be just fine letting him play out the year (and if he lives up to his old potential they might let him play out his contract). As others have said, when Drew Brees watched Phillip rivers get drafted he didn't demand a trade. He balled out and then signed elsewhere. Sam has done nothing at all to deserve a guaranteed starting position in this league. It sucks that the Eagles pulled the rug out from under him but it's the business. Man up and play well and you will find a long term home somewhere. If this happened with any pro qb he'd get the same scrutiny. Sam isn't some victim of unfair criticism here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no problem with him sitting out voluntary workouts. Like others have said, it's the demanding a trade because his successor was drafted. If Sam Bradford comes out next year and lights the league on fire I'm willing to bet that the Eagles staff would be just fine letting him play out the year (and if he lives up to his old potential they might let him play out his contract). As others have said, when Drew Brees watched Phillip rivers get drafted he didn't demand a trade. He balled out and then signed elsewhere. Sam has done nothing at all to deserve a guaranteed starting position in this league. It sucks that the Eagles pulled the rug out from under him but it's the business. Man up and play well and you will find a long term home somewhere. If this happened with any pro qb he'd get the same scrutiny. Sam isn't some victim of unfair criticism here.
This
Every bit of it

fancents86

Starter
It absolutely matters what Sam wants. It's his life and his legacy. That goes for any player, imo. If you feel you are worth more than what the team is using you for, or feel you can contribute to a team rather than sitting on the bench or being used as a fill in until the new guy steps in, then i see nothing wrong with going out and earning what you think you'rr worth. Contract or not. For all we know he signed that contract bc they told him they believe in him and wanted him to be the face of the franchise. Then look what happened. He didnt play terrible either, it seemed like things towards the end if the season started to click. I mean in the last game of the season, i believe it was, he was 30 out of 34 attempts. Thats insane. The dude has proven he can play, just get him some protection.

What you did say about this season make sense though. He could use this coming season as a boost for his resume if he plays well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He missed some of the voluntary appearances - not even all of them. Meanwhile others are missing more of them and criticism is strangely lacking.
I think it's a combination of money envy, and the fact the QB position is usually the center of attention!;)

RamWoodie

Legend
This was the first time I remember Bradford acting like a diva. It was disappointing, but I don't think this was Bradford's decision alone. I'm glad he wised up though and did the right thing.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lt also likened it to when rivers got drafted. He said Bree's didn't pout he competed. Held the kid off then went on to start somewhere else and have a good career. They mad at Bradford for wanting the job handed to him and not compete. Especially after he really hasn't proved anything in the league fr.
Look, I get it, but it's been over analyzed, and when they start talking about money, then the jealousy just kicks in. For them to say Sam isn't competitive, or doesn't want to compete, then obviously they don't know Sam, at all. We've heard nothing but the opposite his entire life, at any sport.

It's just stupid, they spend too much time on it, and most of their comments are ignorant. The Eagles best defensive player, Cox, and Sproles are both holding out. We hear nothing about that. That organization is just dysfunctional right now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This was the first time I remember Bradford acting like a diva. It was disappointing, but I don't think this was Bradford's decision alone. I'm glad he wised up though and did the right thing.

His agent was behind all this and did him a disservice IMO. Publicly asking for a trade was wrong and I cannot think of a time when it was a good plan...........maybe it was somewhere in time but I can't think of when.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It absolutely matters what Sam wants. It's his life and his legacy. That goes for any player, imo. If you feel you are worth more than what the team is using you for, or feel you can contribute to a team rather than sitting on the bench or being used as a fill in until the new guy steps in, then i see nothing wrong with going out and earning what you think you'rr worth. Contract or not. For all we know he signed that contract bc they told him they believe in him and wanted him to be the face of the franchise. Then look what happened. He didnt play terrible either, it seemed like things towards the end if the season started to click. I mean in the last game of the season, i believe it was, he was 30 out of 34 attempts. Thats insane. The dude has proven he can play, just get him some protection.

What you did say about this season make sense though. He could use this coming season as a boost for his resume if he plays well.
I guess we kind of disagree on the minor details. But if the Eagles told him that he was they guy then that is pretty messed up. Although he must've known that he wasn't the guy since they only offered him a 2 year contract. I dunno though

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I guess we kind of disagree on the minor details. But if the Eagles told him that he was they guy then that is pretty messed up. Although he must've known that he wasn't the guy since they only offered him a 2 year contract. I dunno though

It's a two year deal that allwos them to dump him after this year with little cap pain.

If he thought he was being handed the job long term he was high as a kite in that meeting.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
If he thought he was being handed the job long term he was high as a kite in that meeting.

He thought he was getting this year to prove himself. Spending the draft capital and players that they did to get to number 2 , means he will not get this year. Eagles where borderline for this year without additional assets. They are now less than borderline this year. Do the veterans on the eagles feel good about potentially being good in 2-3 years, I do not think so. They need to produce and increase their value NOW.