Bradford requests a trade, wont participate, will he retire?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Who said he's scared? Now you are just making stuff up. It's simple. He got told he'll he is the starting QB. I would bet if the team drafted a QB in the middle rounds to develop for a few years, Sam wouldn't have asked for a trade. Carson Wentz is gonna start sooner rather than later, and Sam knows that.

How am I making things up? He is the starting QB. Nothing in football is guaranteed. Anybody can be replaced at any time. All he had to do was show up, and he's the starter. They've even come out and said so multiple times, even after drafting Wentz. He was scared of losing his job down the road to a rookie, so he cried and asked for a trade. There's nothing else to it. If they told him he was the starter, that wasn't a lie. The plan for Wentz was to sit behind Bradford and learn. You even said it yourself, Wentz will start at some point. Maybe week 5, maybe next year. He wanted out. As far as I'm concerned, unless your name is Tom Brady, you come to work to compete. You can't just throw a hissy fit, because you MIGHT lose your job at some point. He was afraid, whether you want to admit it or not. It's normal, when you might lose your job. For regular people at least. Not so much, for a guy sitting on 100M.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
How am I making things up? He is the starting QB. Nothing in football is guaranteed. Anybody can be replaced at any time. All he had to do was show up, and he's the starter. They've even come out and said so multiple times, even after drafting Wentz. He was scared of losing his job down the road to a rookie, so he cried and asked for a trade. There's nothing else to it. If they told him he was the starter, that wasn't a lie. The plan for Wentz was to sit behind Bradford and learn. You even said it yourself, Wentz will start at some point. Maybe week 5, maybe next year. He wanted out. As far as I'm concerned, unless your name is Tom Brady, you come to work to compete. You can't just throw a hissy fit, because you MIGHT lose your job at some point. He was afraid, whether you want to admit it or not. It's normal, when you might lose your job. For regular people at least. Not so much, for a guy sitting on 100M.

Because you said he's scared. You have no evidence of that.

You are right I said Carson Wentz is gonna start, but you missed the part where I said it's gonna be sooner. Gone is the day where 1st/2nd QB picks sit behind and learn. Aaron Rodgers may have been the last to do that.

And no, he won't LOSE his job. He was usurped the moment the Eagles traded up.

Sam wants to be a starter, not a backup. He's a good not great QB. I don't blame him one bit for wanting out. To bash him for that is ridiculous. This isn't even a money matter as far as I'm concerned.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Because you said he's scared. You have no evidence of that.

You are right I said Carson Wentz is gonna start, but you missed the part where I said it's gonna be sooner. Gone is the day where 1st/2nd QB picks sit behind and learn. Aaron Rodgers may have been the last to do that.

Sam wants to be a starter, not a backup. He's a good not great QB. I don't blame him one bit for wanting out. To bash him for that is ridiculous. This isn't even a money matter as far as I'm concerned.

My bad. I didn't know that you were part of the Eagles front office and you know everything. If I need info on the Eagles and their plans for their players, I'll hit you up. (y)

Ram65

Legend
He was scared of losing his job down the road to a rookie, so he cried and asked for a trade.

That is just your opinion.

This makes more sense.

So now Sam plays this year and the Eagles and most likely will let him go while not honor his contract in 2017. Sam has to go to another team and learn a another new offense. That's after learning Chip's offense and Pedersen's offense each of the last two seasons. Sam was hoping to show the Eagles that he can be their long term QB..

Funny how many Eagle fans supported Sam before the Wentz move. Then they turned on him while he stayed away from voluntary workouts. Fans like their chances with him before and then said he wasn't any good after. Now, they have him back. In the end it did not matter as he will play for the Eagles with Wentz on deck.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One holds out for money. One holds out because he's afraid of competition. HUGE difference.

No difference. They both feel slighted by the team. The difference is the hypocritical media bozos.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
My bad. I didn't know that you were part of the Eagles front office and you know everything. If I need info on the Eagles and their plans for their players, I'll hit you up. (y)

Awesome. Resorting to snark now.

0-joker-clap-avy.gif~c200

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/12/condon-explains-bradfords-strategy/

Condon explains Bradford’s strategy
Posted by Mike Florio on May 12, 2016

493397412-e1445366890299.jpg
Getty Images

Agent Tom Condon, who in recent weeks has become one of the most visible agents in the business, did another media tour on Wednesday. This one included an explanation of the failed effort to get quarterback Sam Bradford out of Philadelphia.

Via ESPN.com, Condon took responsibility for the situation and for the strategy during an appearance on Stephen A. Smiths SiriusXM radio show.

Condon explained that, after the Eagles traded up to No. 2 in the draft and made it clear that they’d be taking a quarterback with the pick, it was time for Bradford to counter Philly’s business decision with a business decision.

“Can we improve our situation?” Condon said. “The Denver Broncos certainly needed a quarterback at the time. Or it looked like they could need a quarterback at the time. They’ve got Mark Sanchez. Good guy, good player. But was there a chance that we could get there? And so Sam withdrew from the workouts and voiced his displeasure, and at that point the desired result occurred. The Denver Broncos engaged with Philadelphia.”

The Eagles asked for too much, and the talks went nowhere. Then, in the first round of the draft, the door slammed shut.

“When [the Broncos] couldn’t make a deal and then drafted the quarterback in the first round, at that point they are no longer interested in Sam,” Condon said. “And so our next best move is for Sam to go back to Philadelphia and learn the system, play like he’s capable, and I think play really well this year and potentially next year, and then be available for either trade or free agency.”

Although Phil Sheridan of ESPN.com says that Condon’s “explanation fits the timeline of events,” there’s one flaw in that assessment. Condon appeared in a podcast that posted on May 3, five days after the Broncos drafted Lynch, and Condon reiterated Branford’s position. Unless the interview was taped at least five days earlier, the decision of the Broncos to draft Paxton Lynch didn’t spark the kind of epiphany that Condon’s comments to Smith suggest.

That said, it’s clear that Condon specifically became the voice of Bradford’s effort to get out of Philadelphia in order to make it easier for Bradford to stay. Not once did Bradford say anything about wanting out; the comments always came from Condon.

Of course, it would have been even easier for Bradford to return to Philly if neither Condon nor Bradford said anything publicly. Taking the situation public was aimed at forcing the team’s hand.

That said, Bradford had other options. He could have held out into training camp or retired — but that would have cost him all or part of the $11 million signing bonus he earned in March. The fact that Condon and Bradford didn’t immediately end the holdout suggests that options were considered before Bradford returned.

Ultimately, neither Bradford nor Condon allowed ego to get in the way of making a good business decision. Way too many people chase a bad decision with another bad decision, digging in blindly in lieu of admitting that maybe they made a mistake.
----------
As an Eagles fan and season ticket holder I say welcome back and lets go make the playoffs. It will drive me crazy if the fans boo Sam in the opener. It would be classic philly to boo out of spite despite the fact that he’s our starting qb and we need him to play well and with confidence. If you’re a true Eagles fan cheer him on opening day.
-----------
Condon did an awful job for his client, and should be embarrassed. Instead of smartly waiting for the Denver scenario to play out, he advised his client to jump at what amounted to a one year deal with the Eagles – albeit a profitable one.

The most plausible explanation is that Condon didn’t believe in Sam either, so he just saw dollar signs and one last score for a guy on the downside of his career. Oh, and of course he gets his cut.

Or maybe he’s just lost it, a relic of the days when being a “great businessman” in America was measured exclusively by how good a table you could get at the area power lunch spot.

And instead of admitting he failed his client, he started a war between Sam and his employer to cover for his own shortcomings. Think about that. How crazy is that? How does this man have even one client at this stage?
----------
People are going to think what they think. At the end of the day, Sam Bradford is a multi-millionaire who will never have to do anything he really doesn’t want to do. He could retire today. That, in itself, rubs a lot of people the wrong way as we all get dressed and head off to our jobs. What really happened is the Eagles were being honest when they told Sam of their plans to draft a QB. At that time, they didn’t have Wentz rated as high.

What changed was the same thing that changed for most teams. Wentz’ evaluation. He went from a mid rounder, to perhaps the number one player in the draft. That’s when the Eagles changed their plan. What also changed was the Eagles decision to trade away the near future for the distant future, and eliminating any true competition at QB.

Now Sam was being asked to be the sacrificial lamb while the team groomed Wentz for the future. Sam, or any other intelligent person would try to get out of that situation. And the smart teams understand that. Sam is going to do his best to help get Wentz ready asap so he can get the heck out of there. He’ll be Wentz’ number one supporter.
----------
I disagree on a few points, as a Philly fan who lives in the area.

1) No one resents Sam for being rich via a game. It’s not an issue like it was when TO pulled this. I’ll leave it to you to assess why that is. No need to get into it here.

2) I believe the Eagles were ALWAYS going to take a QB. They wanted to start from scratch and wash away the awful taste of the Chip Kelly era. And Howie has both professional and personal reasons for wanting to do so.

I agree that Sam is a sacrificial lamb. But that was baked into the contract – which was for more than he should have received since the Eagles were the only team bidding for his services.

This is 100% about an agent who made a bad decision and wanted to create a distraction. He hurt his client and his employer by doing so. He should have his credentials revoked by the NFL.
-----------
What is not mentioned is the after effect from this bone headed move. What happens when the Eagles lose a game where Bradford throws 2 INT’s and his QB rating is 59.6? The fans will be going out of their minds, the Eagles management will be doing disaster control and the coaching staff will be faced with the constant questioning of when Lynch is going to play. A real circus for a franchise that doesn’t need that in the middle of a season.
----------
Condon’s doing a good job for his client by lying through his teeth in order to take a bullet for his client.

As mentioned, the timeline doesn’t make sense but they avoided any video clips of Bradford saying he doesn’t want to be in Philadelphia. Condon is falling on his sword admirably.

The crowd that wants to give Bradford the benefit of the doubt is just fooling themselves. Chip offered Bradford a 4 year deal to be the long term starter last fall. Bradford turned it down because he thought he’d cash in with a $100 mill contract with a different team after the season.

After the season he had, unfortunately for him, the Eagles 2 year deal was the best by far that he was able to get. In fact, one could say the Eagles bid against themselves in giving him that ridiculous amount of guaranteed money but at least they got the term right.
-----------
A big part of business is understanding when you have leverage and when you don’t. This strategy was doomed from the start because Bradford had none. And the strategy made him look afraid of competition which undoubtedly turned off a bunch of teams who might have been interested in him as a free agent next year. When he finally is available and the phone isn’t ringing maybe Condon will explain all that to him then.
------------
I plan on booing Bradford because he’s getting paid, and acted like a brat, and in a way detrimental to the team.

It’s not like he’s a 3rd year player who is being underpaid. With the guarantee, he will have made over $100 million during his career. If he wants to earn more, then play hard and perform well in 2016. Then after the season, the eagles will want to unload him, and several teams will want him.

Bradford will make a lot more money by playing well than by complaining, and threatening to stay away, which will harm his production.

Look at it this way – say you have a specialized skill, and your employer wants you to train your replacement for a year. Say by doing that well, and by honing your knowledge of your craft, you will be able to get a better job.

What do you do?

Pout? Or work at improving your craft skill and getting a better job.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Could it be that the Eagles do want to trade Bradford but only on their terms. Multiple high round draft picks during the draft was not and did not happen. If no one bites, they trade him after June 1 for a draft pick (probably a conditional). They could use the cap savings to sign Flecher Cox.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...nd_Cox_s_demands_could_work_hand_in_hand.html

Ford: Bradford's and Cox's demands could work hand in hand

It was another good week for Howie Roseman and the Eagles front office, as one of the team's two holdouts from voluntary offseason activities came back to the fold and it didn't cost them a thing.

Quarterback Sam Bradford ended a two-week holdout that really could have been halted after three days, which was the time elapsed between when he left the NovaCare Complex and when the Denver Broncos selected Paxton Lynch late in the first round of the NFL draft. That signaled the failure of the trade strategy Bradford and agent Tom Condon tried to broker, one the Eagles apparently short-circuited by proposing a swap the Broncos found too pricey.

Maybe the 10 days away that followed the draft were just for effect, or so Bradford could save what face was left after the holdout scenario blew up on him like a wad of bubblegum. He certainly has a reason to look for long-term work elsewhere, and perhaps he'll find it when the season gets closer and teams get jittery about their quarterbacks, but the Eagles hold the leverage right now. It was a slightly messy victory, coming at the cost of even the tepid affection held by the public for the starter, but the team will take it.

That's a good thing, because the other holdout isn't going to be as easy or painless to end.

Fletcher Cox, who will move from end to tackle under the new 4-3 defensive alignment of coordinator Jim Schwartz, is perhaps the most talented player on the team. At 25, he is coming into the very prime of his career and would like to be paid accordingly.

The Eagles have him under contract this season on the fifth-year option from his rookie deal, and could potentially use a franchise tag twice to keep him through the 2018 season, but that would require Cox to show up and play. He might do that, but, unlike Bradford, who has both a new contract and viable replacements on the roster, Cox is in a pretty good leverage situation.

The benchmark Cox is probably looking at is the contract of Ndamukong Suh, whose 6-year, $114 million deal with Miami included a $25 million signing bonus and $60 million in guarantees. He could command something in that range on the open market, but his market is currently limited to the Eagles. Roseman has said the team will sign Cox and keep him a long time, but getting the thing done is taking a while.

One issue for the Eagles is their salary-cap situation. They don't have much room for the coming season, and are already committed to approximately $165 million for 2017, which is right around where the cap will be. They'll have to shed some salaries eventually and will undoubtedly do so by moving past veterans who still have decent money coming, but little of it guaranteed.

That won't solve everything, though, and while Roseman was able to ditch some of the large contracts handed out by Chip Kelly, he offset those gains with new deals for Bradford, Lane Johnson, Vinny Curry, Zach Ertz, and free agent Brandon Brooks. Those five are owed $122 million in guaranteed money, which is a lot for that group.

How the Cox situation is resolved will tell a lot about where the Eagles will choose to put their resources. The scheme used by Schwartz has largely been end-oriented at the line, and while any coach would love to have someone create havoc in the middle like Cox, the fact that Curry, who has been a third-down platoon guy, got $23 million guaranteed indicates where the emphasis lies.

If the Eagles have decided that modern defense is really just an ends and cornerbacks game, it's possible the Cox negotiations could drag beyond the voluntary portion of the show. Someone will have to play tackle next to Bennie Logan, of course, and the Eagles are pretty thin there, with Beau Allen and free agent signee Mike Martin as the backups. Still, it's a long way to September, and the team can afford to be patient.

There is a scenario in which the guy whose holdout just ended and the guy whose holdout continues each play a role in both of them getting what they want. After June 1, if the Eagles were to trade Bradford, his $11 million signing bonus would be split over the 2016 and 2017 salary caps, rather than lumped into the 2016 cap.

That would make trading Bradford and the $20 million in base salary ($11 million guaranteed) on his contract a lot more palatable for the Eagles. It would also take some money off the books that could be slid across the table to Fletcher Cox. If you look at where the Eagles can logically find room for Cox's new deal, aside from nickel-and-diming the veterans, Bradford's contract is one of few options.

Trading Bradford would mean the team had decided it doesn't need a starter no one likes playing ahead of a kid everyone loves. And it would allow them to lock up a guy who might merely be the best player on the team.

Bradford coming back doesn't mean he won't be traded. It just means that he hasn't been yet. Cox persisting in his holdout doesn't mean he won't get a deal. It just means that he hasn't yet.

The next time those two men walk through the NovaCare doors, they might well be going in opposite directions.

bford@phillynews.com
*******************************************************************************************

• First, good for Bob in highlighting just how bad the cap situation is. While most fans were marveling at Howie's brilliant moves, they didn't think about the big picture. He spent a lot re-signing his own good, but not great players. He supposedly got rid of the Maxwell and Murray contracts, but IIRC, he still has almost $10MM in dead money on the books for them and he is down two starters. And he unloaded the low-cost Alonso instead of taking a chance that he returns to his rookie form after his knee injuries.

Would anyone have designed a QB situation like this from the start? This is a mess that Howie got himself into drop by drop. Why give Daniel a large contract when you had Sanchez, a clearly better option, for at least one year? I could understand that when he signed Bradford, he had no good alternative. But why bet the farm on Wentz? Why not draft a possible future QB with the pick that you had, a la Denver?

Maybe Lurie made the big decision, but Howie wanted to come back from his phony "banishment" with a bang. Low-key, incremental moves wouldn't have got him all the praise.

I forgot the Chip Kelly factor. I think Lurie really despised Chip after Kelly forced his hand right after the Gamble firing. The fishy banishment/salary increase for Roseman was, in my humble opinion, part of a promise to Howie to sit tight until Lurie got rid of that pipsqueak coach who had the temerity to tell a Gold Standard Owner what to do. The post-Chip team had to look a lot different and Bradford is an awkward exception.
    ************************************************************************************************************************************
    Excellent post. I never trusted Roseman, never will. He is a backstabber who has got rid of many far more competent guys in Eagles organization. By betting the farm on Wentz for no apparent reason - Wentz at this point is more of a crap shoot than Bradford ever was - he has essentially sold Eagles fans a long term rebuilding plan. That guarantees 3 more years of ticket and merchanidise sales irrespective of results and helps him keep his job that longer, not that Lurie is ever going to fire him no matter what he does or doesn't do.
    *********************************************************************************************************************************
  • Bradford needs to be traded this year for the good of the team and for his own good. He deserves an opportunity to establish a career with a team that doesn't yet have a quarterback of the future. The acquisition of Daniel and Wentz makes Bradford superfluous. As far as Cox goes, the press and fans think it is fine for him not to attend voluntary training despite the fact that, like Bradford he is under contract. And unlike Bradford, he has a future in Philly. I don't get the double standard.
    ***********************************************************************************************************************************
    It is not a double standard. one has demanded to be traded. one has not. the reality is that the fan, fellow players, and media members issue with Bradford is NOT skipping a voluntary event. It is with demanding a trade a few months after signing a frontloaded contract because competition was sort of brought in. the reasons for Bradford have been covered more than thoroughly by many posters and one writer. they were never cuz he skipped camp. IF you get that then there will be no double standard to confuse you BW.
    **********************************************************************************************************************************
    Howie should have informed Bradford that he was looking into the possibility of trading up in the draft before Bradford signed the contract. This would have influenced his decision and if he still signed the contract, then he has no reason to complain. There is a big difference between drafting a QB with existing draft choices versus giving away multiple draft choices to draft what you believe to be is your QB of the future. The latter approach essentially locks the team into playing and developing that player and giving him every possible chance to succeed. Otherwise, management looks stupid. There will be no real competition. Bradford is now excess baggage and should be traded. Bradford, like Cox is looking out for his future and there is nothing wrong with that. In general, one must look after one's self, because nobody else will. In fact, they will take advantage of you if you don't. Football is not special in terms of how it operates. It is a business like any other business. In business, employees must do what they feel is best for their futures. They know the business management will not hesitate to do what it thinks is best for the business, despite the impact decisions have on individual employees.
    **********************************************************************************************************************************
    It was al but inconceivable that the Eagles would be able to move up and take the best QB prospect in the draft. How could you expect the Browns to give up the opportunity? they needed a Wentz badly. and who knew that the Rams would not select the best prospect but rather the Cali boy more ready to start this year. at the time of the contract signing, no one not even the rams. Further Bradford turning down a longterm contract earlier and getting massive cap dollars with no commitment to the team forced the eagles to look for a cheaper cap option like first round QB that has a 5 year deal. Getting Wentz was icing. Finally you make a very good argument about why Bradford has no reason to be bitter and hold out. the last 2 sentences of your reply make my argument very well thank you.
    *******************************************************************************************************************************
    You don't project the outcome; you inform the player of the organization's plan, that's all. You don't lie and waddle in subterfuge as Howie did to get a guy to sign a deal. Future free agents on the Eagles and elsewhere will remember Howie's tactics; agents have long memories too! Howie weaseled Bradford, enough said.
    You, like me, are in minority in this town. Apparently, many Eagles fans feel insulted that someone demands to be traded from their beloved team. Bradford essentially tried to do the same thing that Howie did - try to take advantage of an opportunity when it presented itself. Bradford clearly signed the 'Prove It' deal thinking that he had a decent chance to earn next long-term deal when Eagles were going to draft at #13. When they went way out of their way to pick at #2, it became crystal clear to Bradford that there is zero chance he gets that long term deal here. So he tried to take advantage of opportunity that opened up at Denver. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn if he had turned them down earlier before signing with Eagles. When Eagles didn't trade with Denver, his opportunity went away and he came back. It's as simple as that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think his only mistake was to demand trade in public which gave Denver an edge in trade talks. If he had kept his request to Eagles secret, the deal might have been done as Eagles might have got better return from Denver. Apparently, all this is too much to grasp for most jilted Eagles fans. Since Cox hasn't asked for a trade - he doesn't have to as he is going to be FA next year anyway and Eagles didn't draft his replacement at #2 this year - Eagles fans are cool with him still missing the same voluntary workouts that Bradford missed for just 2 weeks.
    ************************************************************************************************************************************
    This is a great hypothetical except for one thing... no team wants to trade for Sam Bradford. You can't just trade someone because you want to trade them... there has to be someone who wants the player. There wasn't going to be a strong market for him as a free agent, which is why he signed the deal that he did. There wasn't a trade market for him before the draft and there sure as heck isn't one now. Are the team that are going to trade for him the same ones lining up to sign Ryan Fitzpatrick? And, after OTAs... well, when was the last time you remember an NFL team trading for a starting quarterback once training camps start?
    *********************************************************************************************************************************
    If a QB from a competitive team goes down or just looks horrible either in preseason or in the first few weeks, then Sam's trade value will increase tremendously. I think this is the scenario Howie is counting on. Otherwise, if all the QBs stay vertical he'll wait until the next offseason to release/trade Sam.
    ******************************************************************************************************************************
    So Ford is saying Howie Kneepads blew through the salary cap space signing the teams free agents plus one name player. Impressive money management! ford also does not say something else that I have heard and that is agents are spreading the word to watch how you deal with kneepads. What did he promise Bradford and his agent to get him to sign and then yank away? When a GM gets a rep as a slime ball manipulator, contracts are at best hard to negotiate. There are hints that Kneepads is in questionable territory.
    *************************************************************************************************************************************
    Bullwinkle's comment is spot on "Bradford needs to be traded this year". For the last 20 years, Lurie has been selling the same "we'll be competitive every year" load of crap. How many Super Bowls has this won? Forget "competing" in 2016.
    Do the Eagles have a realistic shot at winning it all this year with or without Bradford at QB? - NO. Will Wentz be the starter by next year? - OF COURSE.
    Sometimes you have to get worse to get better (as the Phillies proved last year). Bite the bullet and let Chase Daniel start until Wentz is ready. Trade Bradford after June 1, even if he only brings a 6th rounder. The 2nd rounder you paid for him is gone. Let it go.
    ***********************************************************************************************************************************
    "The scheme used by Schwartz has largely been end-oriented at the line". What an idiotic comment and concept. Cox is a proven commodity. An excellent resource. When a talent presents itself a good team ADJUSTS IT'S SYSTEM to take advantage of the talent. Cox is a game changer. Change your freaking game. GOD I hate comments like that. Get the man under contract. Do what's needed to insure he is a force. WTH. ***********************************************************************************************************************************
    Would think trading down a couple of time from 8 (to 16 and then to 21) and drafting Lynch, and letting him develop for 2 years, plus having something like the 50, 77, 78, 79, 100, 153, 164, 188, 233 and 251 picks this year and full drafts the next two years, would have a better chance of success than what they did. No disrespect to Wentz. With Bradford's and Daniel's contracts in place, seemed ideally set up for that.
    ***************************************************************************************************************************************So say Bradford gets the Eags into the playoffs. Will the Eagles trade him, then let the rookie start the following season and let Chase earn his $7 million(3 mill more than Wentz) by carrying a clipboard for the season?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Condon did an awful job for his client, and should be embarrassed. Instead of smartly waiting for the Denver scenario to play out, he advised his client to jump at what amounted to a one year deal with the Eagles – albeit a profitable one.

The most plausible explanation is that Condon didn’t believe in Sam either, so he just saw dollar signs and one last score for a guy on the downside of his career. Oh, and of course he gets his cut.

Or maybe he’s just lost it, a relic of the days when being a “great businessman” in America was measured exclusively by how good a table you could get at the area power lunch spot.

And instead of admitting he failed his client, he started a war between Sam and his employer to cover for his own shortcomings. Think about that. How crazy is that? How does this man have even one client at this stage?

I agree with this comment.........it was poorly done by Condon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Michael Bennett weighing in on his favorite player again.

CirSrqbWUAEaQnR.jpg

fancents86

Starter
I don't see what the big deal is. Seems like some think he should just take the money and be happy, yet the same people complain that he's over paid and hasn't done anything. The guy obviously wants to EARN his money. Why invest in a team that hasn't invested in you? He's obviously not in their future plans, so I don't blame him for wanting out. He wants to start somewhere and be the guy under center, that's what is contract also says. You don't pay a guy that much just to play a season (or two) and then send him on his way. It really has nothing to do with competing.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/17/sam-bradford-i-just-felt-like-i-needed-some-time/

Sam Bradford: “I just felt like I needed some time”
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 17, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwm2njbkzjfim2yynjm2mwflmzi1zwe1mmrlmzrkode4-e1447081623272.jpeg
AP

Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford says he stayed away from the team for two weeks because he needed to collect his thoughts after the Eagles traded up to the No. 2 overall pick to select its quarterback of the future, Carson Wentz.

“I just felt like I needed some time. I could have stayed here, could have continued to work here, but I’m not sure my head really would have been here those two weeks,” Bradford said today, in his first public comments since the drama created by his attempt to orchestrate a trade.

Bradford says he realizes that the starting job isn’t promised to him in perpetuity, but he had hoped when he signed a two-year contract in March that he could be the starter for years to come. That no longer appears likely, as Wentz is expected to be the future of the franchise.

“There’s no promises in this business,” Bradford said. “It wasn’t a long-term deal. It was a two-year deal. I was well aware of that. We talked about that. My goal was to play well for the next two years and create that stability that I talked about for pretty much my whole career. Philadelphia is the place I wanted to be. I wanted to play well for the next two years, create that stability, and then sign a longer-term deal and stay here for the rest of my career.”

Bradford is the Eagles’ starting quarterback right now, but he knows Wentz is likely to supplant him at some point.

“I’m not completely naive,” Bradford said. “If the organization made a move to No. 2, you realize that at some point, it’s not going to be my team.”

Bradford said he still believes Philadelphia is the best place for him. He appears to have come to that conclusion only because his attempt to get himself traded didn’t work. That makes Philadelphia the only place for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-want-sam-bradford-looking-over-his-shoulder/

Doug Pederson: I don’t want Sam Bradford looking over his shoulder
Posted by Josh Alper on May 17, 2016

Agent Tom Condon characterized Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford’s decision to step away from team workouts in hopes of being traded as an attempt to see if he could improve his situation from one that has Carson Wentz and the expectation that he’s the Eagles’ preferred long-term quarterback behind him on the depth chart.

That response suggests that the Eagles’ proclamations that Bradford is their starting quarterback weren’t keeping him from looking over his shoulder at the other options on the roster. That didn’t stop coach Doug Pederson from making another statement about Bradford’s spot on the depth chart after the start of OTAs on Tuesday, although he did add a note about wanting Bradford to keep his eyes on what’s in front of him.

“My feelings haven’t changed,” Pederson said, via Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “He’s my guy. He’s the No. 1 guy. I just want him to embrace that. … I expect Sam to not look over his shoulder. I expect Sam to look forward. … That is the message I gave him.”

Chase Daniel worked with the second team Tuesday, Wentz took snaps with the third and Pederson said they took equal reps which meant Wentz got a bit more work than No. 3 quarterbacks might get with other teams. Based on Pederson’s comments, that should remain the pecking order unless Bradford’s hurt or his play suffers from peeking in the rearview mirror.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Once again this whole thing is Condon's fault. His job is not to pander to his athletes. It is not just to get them as much money as he can. It is also about the player's long-term brand. Sam's initial reaction to that pick made him look like a prima donna who didn't want to compete because his agent empowered that nonsense.

Seeing the light now doesn't undo that stuff. Now if Sam doesn't play well right out the gate he's going to have even more pressure and mocking in the media, etc. It was a bad play, a bad angle, and Condon should be ashamed of himself.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam had long term deals on the able from both the Rams and the Eagles, but both deal required $$ to be earned thru performance incentives and bonus. He didn't want to have to prove it, thus got the short term deal.
He only has himself to blame

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Doug Pederson: I don’t want Sam Bradford looking over his shoulder
TOO LATE!!!!

“I’m not completely naive,” Bradford said. “If the organization made a move to No. 2, you realize that at some point, it’s not going to be my team.”
sam-bradford1.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Michael Bennett weighing in on his favorite player again.

CirSrqbWUAEaQnR.jpg

translation - i want more money. gimme, gimme, gimme.

if he want's more money he should have tried to be a qb. crying about it isn't gonna help him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
translation - i want more money. gimme, gimme, gimme.

if he want's more money he should have tried to be a qb. crying about it isn't gonna help him.

Michael Bennett - DL - Seahawks
Disgruntled Seahawks LE Michael Bennett says he won't hold out of training camp as he seeks a renegotiation of his contract.

Perenially dissatisfied with contracts he willingly signed, Bennett is skipping voluntary OTAs, but acted miffed in a radio interview when the possibility of a camp holdout was mentioned. "Why wouldn’t I be at training camp?," Bennett asked rhetorically. "I’ll see you there for sure." Aside from Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks haven't had much luck in contract disputes during the Pete Carroll era.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

haha, he's skipping all the voluntary otas. the ultimate hypocrite.