Bradford Poll here straight up! pick a side and explain

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

does SB stay and restructure for an new contract

• can make a deal get waiver and or draftedtop QB in draft somewhere else.

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Bradford comes backhalthy and competes for the starting position and against hill of somethone else

Votes: 73 68.2%

• Total voters

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'll wait and see on the knee surgery and prognosis for recovery before I make any solid determination of what I'd like to see happen. The one thing I will say unequivocally is that he absolutely cannot come back at his currently scheduled salary for next year. I'd be willing to bring him back at a much reduced salary with little or no guaranteed money and significant escalators for playing time/health.

I like Sam and believe he's got the talent to be a helluva QB, but the injury situation has reached a point of critical mass. I don't see how you can justify paying him a huge salary given his injury history, you've got to put him in a pay-for-play situation. And you have to have some competition too.

At the same time, I understand some Rams fans unwillingness to walk away from him. We walked away from Ron Jaworski ... he led the Eagles to a Super Bowl. We walked away from Kurt Warner ... he led the Cardinals to a Super Bowl. Hell, we walked away from Jim Everett, and he at least played decent football for the Saints (setting several franchise passing records that held up until Brees came to town), while we were on the Chris Miller/Mark Rypien/Tony Banks merry-go-round.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is why you don't go out drinking talking football with with friends and opposing fans until everyone is belligerent... I don't remember posting this. how do I take it down lol

Leave it up......I think it should go in the ROD Quotes thread it was excellent.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bradford restructures his deal pay cut or not to keep himself a Ram contrary to his arsehole agent
Incidentally, Bradford hired that a-hole agent for a reason. Those guys don't play.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is why you don't go out drinking talking football with with friends and opposing fans until everyone is belligerent... I don't remember posting this. how do I take it down lol
That's beautiful man. Too damn funny.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We can't let him go now and not save anything. Might as well see what happens with his recovery. IMO, whether you sign a FA or draft a QB is irrelevant. Someone has to be the QB and until someone else comes along and plays BETTER than Sam he deserves a shot.

I do think he should restructure his contract. I'm not playing the was he worth it or not game. I don't care. He got what he got and nothing will change that.
However, he does need to prove he can stay healthy. If he comes back he should get a deal based on incentives to perform and compete with whomever we bring in.
Sam has always had all the tools he's just had some bad luck.

bigdog2834

UDFA
Name
Donnie
Luckily we are in a position where we have a pretty solid team in place. We can take a chance on taking a QB early and if Sam comes back and plays like we know he is capable of, then I won't be too upset and feel like that is a wasted pick. It will just be good insurance. Similar to what New England has done lately taking Mallet and then a few years later taking a QB in the 2nd round. Worst thing that can happen is Sam comes back at a reduced rate, plays really well, and in a few years we have trade bait with our back up. It beats holding our breath every time Sam gets hit. We simply can not go forward relying solely on him to stay healthy, but I don't want to just give up on him either. It will all depend on what he is willing to come back for and also him knowing that he is going to have competition.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
IMO, this is no different than Danario Alexander or Danny Amendola. When a player has a history of injuries, its very rare for their durability to increase as they get older. Off the top of my head, Bradford had a shoulder injury in college, a foot problem in year 2, and now ACL injuries in years 4 and 5. I hope he comes back and has a great career, but at this point, the odds are highly against it.

QB is not a position like RB, where you can plug different guys in or share time between a couple guys. I'd rather have a mediocre QB take every snap, than have a pro bowler only play 8 games.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Robocop, Man you must have one heckuva a hangover today.

Too soon! Let's see how Hill does. If he is just a better than average QB, we'll be in fine shape and in the hunt for a playoff spot. As his play plays goes up, the need for Bradford coming back goes down. We aren't going to have a high draft pick next year but still need to draft the QB of the future sooner than later either way..... Gilbert doesn't seem to be that guy (Yeah, too soon for that too.)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

The poll instantly makes more sense now that we know you were drunk.

tragic891

UDFA
bradford is a good QB but he isnt doing the rams anything by being injured so often lately...
The rams need to move on ...Bradford just cant stay healthy
New rams QB coming soon... but in the mean time Hill is the man...
The rams will still be a good team with Hill or whomever (at least average NFL QB) at QB....
I still believe the rams can make a run to the playoffs
But we'll see at seasons end

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Thoughtful comments by most. For me, it's rather basic......Bradford can't stay healthy....period.

I'm not saying his injury prone, rather, he just can't stay on the field. Whether it's bad luck or bad karma....to quote her majesty, "at this point, what difference does it make?" Point being, the Rams have invested (so far) $65 million in Bradford and what exactly has been their return on that investment? I guess based upon this poll, it doesn't really matter all that much.

Here's a well worn phrase that for me, brings it home: "The accepted definition of insanity is repeating the same process or actions over and over while expecting a different result."

Does any of that sound familiar?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's time to say good bye...You don't come back from tearing the ACL on the same knee...History shows us that...Brett Hundley, Kevin Hogan or Connor Cook get ready because one of these guys are coming.